Hope you packed patience in your luggage; you're going to need some extra if you stay here.
We were part of the Girls Softball World Series for our M - F stay in downtown Peoria, IL. The hotel was teaming with many families, all with gear that goes along with this type of event. My daughter booked the room in February. The hotel canceled the booking 2 weeks prior to the stay. The only way she found out they had done so was through an email from the father of a member of the team; he had received an email asking how his stay at the hotel went. When he called the hotel to say he wasn't due to arrive for another couple of weeks, he was informed that they couldn't find a reservation for him for the date he gave. They did find a room for him. Subsequently, the team parent sent out an info email to other parents. There were other such happenstances with others. Could need to retrain reservationists and keep an eye on the process. This needs to be a focus of management.
During our stay, only one of the two lobby elevators were working. They opened up the tiny maintenance elevator at the back of the hotel. It was difficult squeezing softball equipment & cleaning trolleys together along with people. Plan to leave 20-30 minutes to wait for the elevator. Of course, you could use the stairs.
Our room was clean, but do check under the beds. We had candy, feathers, & could tell it hadn't been vacuumed in a while. Also, the tub had a chunk taken out of the enamel on the top. However, the beds & bedding were clean & comfortable. We had two double beds & could see the river. Currently, only floors 6 & above have small refrigerators if you need one. The opposite side of the hallway either look into or down on the hotel parking garage. It was nice to have the garage connected to the hotel.
The cleaning staff was fantastic, friendly, & responsive. They are the jewels of this property. I need to give kudos to the maintenance man, too. He was quick & helpful in repairing a broken chain in the tank of the toilet. YAY!
We did receive cocktail tickets, which was nice. A buffet breakfast was provided on the lower level, as part of the GSWS attendees. Food was prepared nicely & had a good variety. The room was difficult to find the first time. Needed to have more signage pointing the way.
Downtown Peoria is quite quiet. There wasn't much goin on. Call restaurants before you go; they may have closed.
Speaking of restaurants...there is a bar & restaurant (used to be a Benigan's) at the hotel. Slow service, mixed up bills (check the items & price; we were handed a bill that had another group's bar bill on it.), & had to ask for flatware AFTER our food was served. There is a pizza place about a block away that delivers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown is near I-74, the civic center, medical areas, and O'Brien Field. Our IL hotel has free shuttle service, 22,000 sq ft of event space, and free wifi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Starwood, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Peoria Downtown Hotel Peoria
- 4 Points By Sheraton Peoria Downtown
- Peoria Holiday Inn