“Great Room” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 22 hotels in Peoria
Rock Island, Illinois
“Great Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We were there for only one nite. The room was clean and the beds were great. I was there to see a concert at the Civic Center and it was only a few blocks away so we walked there. The customer service was great and everyone there was very friendly.I expected a little more for the price I paid.A free breakfast would probablyof balanced everything out but it wasnt included in the price. I liked it here and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The room was at the very end of the hall so we didn't have a lot of noise from people coming and...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Lorrie W,
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at Four Points Peoria. We are delighted that you enjoyed our accommodations and service. While we don't offer free breakfast, we offer free WiFi throughout the hotel, free bottled water in our guest rooms and a weekly Best Brews & BBQ reception hosted by our GM. We hope to see you when you are next in Peoria. Take care!

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I decided to try it again. It is so convenient and was offering breakfast for conference attendees. This stay was soooo much better. I learned the Hotel had new owners. The staff was both courteous and professional.

Room Tip: Try to stay on floor six or above for a microwave and refrigerator in room.
Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear PastorLinda,
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your recent stay. We are delighted that we were able to meet your expectations this time around. As you mentioned we have recently changed ownership and will be making improvements to the hotel in the months to come. We hope you'll come back to see our new look. Take care!
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel while on a business trip. I found the staff to be very knowledgable and courteous. the hotel was clean and offered good amenities. The ninth floor, however, proved to be a nightmare.

My room was on the ninth floor of the hotel. Although the room was clean and comfortable, there was an offensive odor throughout the floor. Later I discovered that the smell was coming from one of the rooms where, apparently, the guests were cooking! Additionally, it seems that the guest in the room is actually one of the owners of the hotel

I can assure you that this aspect of my stay truly detracted from what was otherwise an enjoyable enperience.

Room Tip: Avoid any room on the ninth floor!
Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

In town for college graduation and stayed at the Sheraton downtown Peoria. The facility is rather tired all the way around. Parking ramp is one of the tightest I've ever seen. The hotel was filled to the brim with lots of kids there for a sports tournament, unescorted kids throwing stuff off the balconies, running the halls, etc. The elevators were not up to the task.

Front desk personnel were very pleasant but seemed overwhelmed. Breakfast was average but the service was good.

Overall, pretty average and not what I would expect from a Sheraton.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Waverly, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel recently during Easter weekend. Our little boys LOVE to swim and this place had a fantastic pool. Very large, including the largest hot tub I have ever seen! The lobby is very pretty and the room was very clean with soft beds. The staff was accomidating, they wanted to run my card for the $50 incidentles fee and Id forgotten to leave extra money on my debit for that. She explained it was policy, so we offered $50 cash but she said that wouldnt be necessary. Front desk was professional and very nice. I was reading some of the reviews on here regarding the front desk and Im puzzled because our experience was so great!! I would definatrly recommend this hotel. Right in the heart of the city, Joe's Crab Shack was just down the street on the Riverfront and the Caterpillar museum is very closeby too!. After we had gotten home I read in the paper there was some sort of fire the night before our stay and the hotel had to be evacuated and there was extensive smoke damage on one of the floors. Well kudos to the staff there because we neither saw nor smelled any of the damage or cleanup crew. We had no clue anything out of the ordinary had hapened! Great stay- we will be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bon Aqua, Tennessee, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This property is in bad need of updates and repairs. Mold in tile of bathroom, obvious water damage on the ceiling, etc. The bathtub leaked and the exhaust fan had to run for the lighting in the bathroom to work (a pet peeve).

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I'm a VIP Accenture guest. The front desk at this property is treacherous! The Front Desk manager was rude, unprofessional and looked like she had been scrubbing floors! I called the desk to ask for a wake up call and this manager, Connie, was horribly rude again! If she hates her job that much go scrub floors and stay away from the front lines! I will NEVER stay here again! RR

Room Tip: Good luck at the front desk! They are horrid!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown? Share your experiences!