“Great Bed!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 22 hotels in Peoria
Illinois
“Great Bed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The title tells the best part of this hotel. The bed was great. I had a wonderful night's sleep despite the difficulties in other areas of the hotel. Luckily, I normally stay up very late.

I was there as part of the IHSA state boys' basketball tournament. I don't think the hotel was prepared for the situation with so many teams staying there. Many of the student athletes and their fans did not behave well. They were inconsiderate and very loud even late at night. The open atrium layout allowed for all of the noise in the lobby and public area off of the lobby to travel to all of the guest room floors. I know this is just a layout problem, but more staff should have been on duty to help control the crowds. If people don't know how to behave, they may need a staff member to point out proper behavior to them so the other guests may also have a pleasant stay.

I saw no attempt at crowd control on Friday night. On Saturday night I did see security on the 5th floor which is where we stayed. He spoke to several girls who were shouting at each other in the hallway after 10 PM.

On Friday night there was a very messy pile of food in the middle of the elevator floor. We rode the elevator twice with the food on the floor after hearing someone tell the front desk about the mess. I did finally see a staff member with cleaning equipment heading to the elevator.

I know that a lot of what we saw was probably not typical of this hotel, but if they book many rooms with high schoolers, they need to schedule extra staff to handle the situation. That seems to be common sense to me.

Our room appeared reasonably clean, although a clothes hanger was hanging from the shower curtain pole, which made me question how clean it really was. There were some small repairs that should have been done, like part of the door to the bathroom showing damage. Overall the room was okay. The bed was comfortable and clean though, and easily the best part of our stay.

The hotel is located within easy walking distance of the Civic Center so that's a plus!

Room Tip: If it looks like a loud crowd, ask for a room as far away from the elevators and atrium as possible.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
FourPointsPeoria, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown. We are so glad to hear you got a great night’s sleep on our comfortable Sheraton Four Comfort Bed™ and that you enjoyed your accommodations. We regret that other parts of your stay were not equally restful. We will review all of your comments thoroughly to see if staffing or other changes are needed. We hope that you had fun at the state basketball tournament and invite you back to stay with us again – for our convenient location in Downtown Peoria and our comfortable, clean rooms – but most of all, so we can demonstrate our dedication to customer service and satisfaction.

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Trenton, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business while hotel was hosting 11 basketball teams. 1st room reeked of smoke. 2nd room was better however the bathroom wasn't very clean (hair in the sink and tub). The hotel was overrun with drunk college kids running up and down hall ALL NIGHT. Front desk was completely overwhelmed and didn't have the means to rectify the situation. This hotel does not meet the typical Sheraton quality and will not stay again

• Stayed March 2013
We are sorry to learn that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations. We know well that our guests want a good night’s sleep, and we do all we can to stop any disruptive conduct in the hotel that would undermine that goal. We regret that our efforts were not enough to give you the rest you needed, and we will review our procedures to see if changes are warranted. We hope you will come back for another stay with us. We are certain we can make it an outstanding experience.
Chicago Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Was in Peoria for my daughter's dance competition. This is a great hotel if you are attending any event at the Civic center. Two blocks away, easy walk even in Winter. The hotel is very nice. Our woomera was clean and very comfortable, especially the bed. I don't usually sleep well in hotels but had a great nights sleep here. I didn't have time to check out the pool or fitness enter, so I can't comment on these. They do offer a buffet breakfast, it was very good but a little pricey. There is a Benigann's connected to the property, so this is a convenient option for something to eat or drink. All in all this is a great place. This would definitely be my first choice if I come back to Peoria.

Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your very positive review of the Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location near the Civic Center as well as our clean, comfortable accommodations, and had a terrific night’s sleep on one of our Sheraton Four Comfort Beds™. It is especially gratifying to learn that we offered you an environment where you could relax and unwind. We hope your daughter had fun and success at the dance competition, and we look forward to your return visit. We’ll do everything we can to make it another superb one.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Haven't even stayed in hotel yet this year, but already frustrated just w/ checking in over the phone. We have one person take care of reserving a group of 30 rooms for the boys state basketball tournament for years now. Each room is then paid for by the rooms guests. This year we were told that we must call in our credit card numbers to confirm the rooms as well as to cut down on time checking in. Not a problem, sounds like a good idea.
After spending 15 minutes going thru the automated phone crap, getting cut off once, and then even having the system tell me to hang up and call back, I got to a real person, Danielle. Well, I hope it was her first day because she seemed clueless. All I want to do was give my CC# to confirm I have a place to stay. Her reply was that I would need to bring the card there (I live 2 hrs away) so it could be ran. She said that "I was fine" to do it when I show up to stay. I explained that I needed to take care of this so I wouldn't lose my room. Once again, "I was fine."
I ended up having to contact the person who reserved all the 30 rooms. He had to call the hotel to get things straighten out. After calling back, Rodney took care of everything as things went easy. How hard is it to enter CC# into their system. We never had this problem when it was the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
FourPointsPeoria, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
We’re sorry your over-the-phone reservation presented challenges, but we are glad it all worked out in the end. Please be assured that we will review our group reservation procedures to determine if changes are needed. We look forward to your arrival and hope you enjoy the state basketball tournament. While you are with us, we will do everything we can to make your visit outstanding and prove to you that customer satisfaction is a top priority. Thank you for your feedback.
Aurora, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have stayed at this location for work in the past and stayed there again this week, and wow I could not believe how worn down this hotel looks. The check in wasn't bad except the breakfast coupons I received from the desk were all marked with the wrong dates so had to get that fixed for my stay.

ouside the elevator on the 9th floor some of the tiles were gone and a bunch of water was dripping everywhere they put a garbage bag and a bucket there but water was getting on the carpet and i am sure that will get moldy

the hall way on my floor had a stale smell when you walked down it like the carpet was moldy. my room didn't seem to be too bad at first the bathroom seemed a little worn but it was ok. what bothered me and i didn't notice right away was it seemed there was mold in my room. I took some pictures and showed the front desk clerk and he didn't seem too interested when i told him it looked like mold. But he checked me out when i asked him to and I left.

The only positive note is the Friendly person Vickie that they have at the Club area for the SPG members. She always is friendly and makes sure she talks to all the members and makes sure we are having a good visit. She is great.

I had another visit scheduled for next week and wound up canceling my visit because i jsut felt if that room i was in was that bad what are the others like.

I had hoped they were cleaning things up when i heard the new owner was making rennovations, but after what i saw, I may be rescheduling my visits in April also.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. As a regular guest at our hotel, we value your comments highly and will use what you have to say to make improvements where necessary. Please know that a project to replace carpeting at the hotel is already underway, and further renovations are planned for this year. We don’t want to lose you as a customer and encourage you to return for another visit so we can demonstrate our commitment to customer service and quality accommodations.
Rockford, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I've used this hotel several times in the past when it was a Holiday Inn. It is a popular spot for small organization conventions. Great location in downtown Peoria and within walking distance of the river front attractions and the civic center. On my last visit a few years ago it was getting a little worn. I was hoping that Sheraton's ownership of the hotel would mean needed improvements would be coming....not yet.

It is NOT a terrible hotel. The staff was certainly nice, and the lobby is in good shape with its bar / fireplace. The crazy big pool facility is impressive and could be fun. However the rest of the facility needs to be updated / remodeled. The rooms were virtually as I remember them when it was a Holiday Inn (dated, worn, need of paint, carpet, etc). This time around the ice machines were gone or broken on most floors. The parking is free (with validation by the front desk). I was hoping that being a Sheraton, there was going to be a noticeable difference in the facility.

I would probably / maybe come back as it is right now, but downtown Peoria is going to see a new hotel and the massive remodeling of a local, landmark hotel in the next few years. This hotel will need to do something to keep customers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for telling us about your recent stay at our hotel. We truly appreciate it when our guests take the time to give us feedback. We are pleased that you enjoyed our convenient Downtown Peoria location and that you received professional and friendly service from our staff. We trust you know how highly we value you as a guest. With that in mind, we will review all of your comments to determine if improvements are needed. Please be assured that we already have begun replacing carpeting in the hotel, and additional renovations are coming this year. We look forward to your next visit when we hope our accommodations and service will impress you from beginning to end.
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had a college-related event in nearby Eureka and spent two nights. Maybe it was because of the weekend, maybe it was Peoria, but just a tad sketch in the lobby. After returning from a day long event Saturday, found our room just as we left it, beds unmade, towels still on vanity. Maybe staff takes the weekend off too. Atrium design means that ALL noise from the lobby (or anywhere else) permeates the entire building, charity auction lasted until 11ish, then revelers made their way to their rooms for another hour or so - what ambiance!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
FourPointsPeoria, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
We regret that your recent visit was not what you had hoped. Our goal is to provide outstanding accommodations in a warm and friendly environment, and it seems we missed the mark with you. We also like to respond to any guest’s room or housekeeping concerns immediately and wish we had that opportunity in your case. Our Housekeeping Department will review your comments thoroughly and make any changes that are warranted. We truly appreciate your feedback and value you as our guest. Please come back to stay with us again so we can demonstrate our commitment to customer satisfaction.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown? Share your experiences!