The title tells the best part of this hotel. The bed was great. I had a wonderful night's sleep despite the difficulties in other areas of the hotel. Luckily, I normally stay up very late.
I was there as part of the IHSA state boys' basketball tournament. I don't think the hotel was prepared for the situation with so many teams staying there. Many of the student athletes and their fans did not behave well. They were inconsiderate and very loud even late at night. The open atrium layout allowed for all of the noise in the lobby and public area off of the lobby to travel to all of the guest room floors. I know this is just a layout problem, but more staff should have been on duty to help control the crowds. If people don't know how to behave, they may need a staff member to point out proper behavior to them so the other guests may also have a pleasant stay.
I saw no attempt at crowd control on Friday night. On Saturday night I did see security on the 5th floor which is where we stayed. He spoke to several girls who were shouting at each other in the hallway after 10 PM.
On Friday night there was a very messy pile of food in the middle of the elevator floor. We rode the elevator twice with the food on the floor after hearing someone tell the front desk about the mess. I did finally see a staff member with cleaning equipment heading to the elevator.
I know that a lot of what we saw was probably not typical of this hotel, but if they book many rooms with high schoolers, they need to schedule extra staff to handle the situation. That seems to be common sense to me.
Our room appeared reasonably clean, although a clothes hanger was hanging from the shower curtain pole, which made me question how clean it really was. There were some small repairs that should have been done, like part of the door to the bathroom showing damage. Overall the room was okay. The bed was comfortable and clean though, and easily the best part of our stay.
The hotel is located within easy walking distance of the Civic Center so that's a plus!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown is near I-74, the civic center, medical areas, and O'Brien Field. Our IL hotel has free shuttle service, 22,000 sq ft of event space, and free wifi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Starwood, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Peoria Downtown Hotel Peoria
- 4 Points By Sheraton Peoria Downtown
- Peoria Holiday Inn