“Check in over the phone difficult” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Chicago, Illinois
“Check in over the phone difficult”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Haven't even stayed in hotel yet this year, but already frustrated just w/ checking in over the phone. We have one person take care of reserving a group of 30 rooms for the boys state basketball tournament for years now. Each room is then paid for by the rooms guests. This year we were told that we must call in our credit card numbers to confirm the rooms as well as to cut down on time checking in. Not a problem, sounds like a good idea.
After spending 15 minutes going thru the automated phone crap, getting cut off once, and then even having the system tell me to hang up and call back, I got to a real person, Danielle. Well, I hope it was her first day because she seemed clueless. All I want to do was give my CC# to confirm I have a place to stay. Her reply was that I would need to bring the card there (I live 2 hrs away) so it could be ran. She said that "I was fine" to do it when I show up to stay. I explained that I needed to take care of this so I wouldn't lose my room. Once again, "I was fine."
I ended up having to contact the person who reserved all the 30 rooms. He had to call the hotel to get things straighten out. After calling back, Rodney took care of everything as things went easy. How hard is it to enter CC# into their system. We never had this problem when it was the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
FourPointsPeoria, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
We’re sorry your over-the-phone reservation presented challenges, but we are glad it all worked out in the end. Please be assured that we will review our group reservation procedures to determine if changes are needed. We look forward to your arrival and hope you enjoy the state basketball tournament. While you are with us, we will do everything we can to make your visit outstanding and prove to you that customer satisfaction is a top priority. Thank you for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Aurora, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have stayed at this location for work in the past and stayed there again this week, and wow I could not believe how worn down this hotel looks. The check in wasn't bad except the breakfast coupons I received from the desk were all marked with the wrong dates so had to get that fixed for my stay.

ouside the elevator on the 9th floor some of the tiles were gone and a bunch of water was dripping everywhere they put a garbage bag and a bucket there but water was getting on the carpet and i am sure that will get moldy

the hall way on my floor had a stale smell when you walked down it like the carpet was moldy. my room didn't seem to be too bad at first the bathroom seemed a little worn but it was ok. what bothered me and i didn't notice right away was it seemed there was mold in my room. I took some pictures and showed the front desk clerk and he didn't seem too interested when i told him it looked like mold. But he checked me out when i asked him to and I left.

The only positive note is the Friendly person Vickie that they have at the Club area for the SPG members. She always is friendly and makes sure she talks to all the members and makes sure we are having a good visit. She is great.

I had another visit scheduled for next week and wound up canceling my visit because i jsut felt if that room i was in was that bad what are the others like.

I had hoped they were cleaning things up when i heard the new owner was making rennovations, but after what i saw, I may be rescheduling my visits in April also.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. As a regular guest at our hotel, we value your comments highly and will use what you have to say to make improvements where necessary. Please know that a project to replace carpeting at the hotel is already underway, and further renovations are planned for this year. We don’t want to lose you as a customer and encourage you to return for another visit so we can demonstrate our commitment to customer service and quality accommodations.
Rockford, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I've used this hotel several times in the past when it was a Holiday Inn. It is a popular spot for small organization conventions. Great location in downtown Peoria and within walking distance of the river front attractions and the civic center. On my last visit a few years ago it was getting a little worn. I was hoping that Sheraton's ownership of the hotel would mean needed improvements would be coming....not yet.

It is NOT a terrible hotel. The staff was certainly nice, and the lobby is in good shape with its bar / fireplace. The crazy big pool facility is impressive and could be fun. However the rest of the facility needs to be updated / remodeled. The rooms were virtually as I remember them when it was a Holiday Inn (dated, worn, need of paint, carpet, etc). This time around the ice machines were gone or broken on most floors. The parking is free (with validation by the front desk). I was hoping that being a Sheraton, there was going to be a noticeable difference in the facility.

I would probably / maybe come back as it is right now, but downtown Peoria is going to see a new hotel and the massive remodeling of a local, landmark hotel in the next few years. This hotel will need to do something to keep customers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for telling us about your recent stay at our hotel. We truly appreciate it when our guests take the time to give us feedback. We are pleased that you enjoyed our convenient Downtown Peoria location and that you received professional and friendly service from our staff. We trust you know how highly we value you as a guest. With that in mind, we will review all of your comments to determine if improvements are needed. Please be assured that we already have begun replacing carpeting in the hotel, and additional renovations are coming this year. We look forward to your next visit when we hope our accommodations and service will impress you from beginning to end.
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had a college-related event in nearby Eureka and spent two nights. Maybe it was because of the weekend, maybe it was Peoria, but just a tad sketch in the lobby. After returning from a day long event Saturday, found our room just as we left it, beds unmade, towels still on vanity. Maybe staff takes the weekend off too. Atrium design means that ALL noise from the lobby (or anywhere else) permeates the entire building, charity auction lasted until 11ish, then revelers made their way to their rooms for another hour or so - what ambiance!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
FourPointsPeoria, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
We regret that your recent visit was not what you had hoped. Our goal is to provide outstanding accommodations in a warm and friendly environment, and it seems we missed the mark with you. We also like to respond to any guest’s room or housekeeping concerns immediately and wish we had that opportunity in your case. Our Housekeeping Department will review your comments thoroughly and make any changes that are warranted. We truly appreciate your feedback and value you as our guest. Please come back to stay with us again so we can demonstrate our commitment to customer satisfaction.
waterloo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

parking garage was scarry. elevator smelled bad. check in was ok. the room was dirty and needs to be updated. Bathroom was small and not clean. beds were very small but comfortable. heater in room was very loud all night. shuttle bus was not available when I needed it.the ice machine was broken. When I asked staff they said it had been broken for some time. overall the hotel is dirty and outdated. it was worth the 45 dollars but not worth much more. I expected a nice hotel from sheraton.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
FourPointsPeoria, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
It’s good to learn that you found comfort and value with us, but we’re sorry to hear that not all elements of your stay lived up to your expectations. We want each guest to have an outstanding stay with us from beginning to end, and we hope that guests like you will notify us of any issues or concerns during your visit so we can address them immediately. We are dedicated to customer service, and invite you back for another visit so we can prove that to you and regain your trust in our hotel and brand.
Ashwaubenon, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed at the Four Points hotel as it was close to the Civic Center(two blocks). The front desk staff were polite, knowledgeable and prompt. There were several large groups staying the same weekend so the place was busy but they were able to handle the pace. Parking is close and with ticket validation is free. Unlimited in/out privileges. Our room was average and the beds were on the firm side. A smoke free hotel is a plus! The pool area is spacious and reminded me of a smaller version of the old Holidomes. If you had a large group and wanted a place to hang out with other families with the coolers full of snacks and beverages this would work nicely. The exercise room is better than most with free weights and enough treadmills and elliptical machines to accommodate most crowds. We ate at their brunch and it was adequate. We used their free shuttle service and were able to have a late checkout around 1:00pm. I would definitely stay again for an event at the Civic Center.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
We’re happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown and that you were able to take advantage of much of what we offer, including free parking and our Fitness Center. We are also pleased that you received excellent service because that is our goal for each of our guests. We look forward to having you back at the hotel when we will do all we can to provide another superb experience.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

The best part of this hotel are the location and the staff. Located smack in the middle of Peoria, it is walking distance to most things in the downtown area. The staff is always warm and friendly and always doing what they can to get you what you may need. Despite the fact that several floors have had new carpeting installed, the rooms are in need of a makeover and major refreshing. Additionally, the wireless service can be sketchy, especially if you are staying on the wrong side of the hotel. The elevators can require a long wait, especially in the morning when people are headed out and about. I am wondering if big changes are coming as Marriott adds two new hotels a block away.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
FourPointsPeoria, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for your thorough review of our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed our location in the heart of Downtown Peoria and that our staff impressed you with friendly, professional service. Regarding the appearance of the hotel, you noticed the new carpeting that is being installed. Each floor will have new carpeting when that project is completed. We are also planning additional renovations this year, which should address some of your other concerns. As you point out, we do offer free Wireless High Speed Internet Access. If a guest ever has a problem with the service, we ask to be notified immediately so we can take steps to rectify the situation. We hope you’ll be back to stay with us in the future to see the improvements we’re making and to enjoy more of our hospitality.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown? Share your experiences!