I've used this hotel several times in the past when it was a Holiday Inn. It is a popular spot for small organization conventions. Great location in downtown Peoria and within walking distance of the river front attractions and the civic center. On my last visit a few years ago it was getting a little worn. I was hoping that Sheraton's ownership of the hotel would mean needed improvements would be coming....not yet.
It is NOT a terrible hotel. The staff was certainly nice, and the lobby is in good shape with its bar / fireplace. The crazy big pool facility is impressive and could be fun. However the rest of the facility needs to be updated / remodeled. The rooms were virtually as I remember them when it was a Holiday Inn (dated, worn, need of paint, carpet, etc). This time around the ice machines were gone or broken on most floors. The parking is free (with validation by the front desk). I was hoping that being a Sheraton, there was going to be a noticeable difference in the facility.
I would probably / maybe come back as it is right now, but downtown Peoria is going to see a new hotel and the massive remodeling of a local, landmark hotel in the next few years. This hotel will need to do something to keep customers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown is near I-74, the civic center, medical areas, and O'Brien Field. Our IL hotel has free shuttle service, 22,000 sq ft of event space, and free wifi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Peoria Downtown
- Four Points By Sheraton Peoria Downtown Hotel Peoria
- Peoria Holiday Inn