“Very nice surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Saint Joseph, Minnesota
“Very nice surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I had stayed at this hotel about two years ago when it was a Best Western - I think. It was ok at best. I was a little nervous but gave it another try as it was very close to the civic center. I must say the upgrades were very nice! The rooms were redone and now have nice flagscreen tv's and they also offered a wonderful breakfast with a huge selection of food! I look forward to staying in this hotel on my next stay in Peoria. The one recomendation I would make is to request a room on a lower level becaue the elevators are painfully slow and I ended up taking the stairs almost everytime. The staff through out the hotel was wonderful!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
FourPointsPeoria, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
It makes us smile to learn that we exceeded expectations and surprised you with a great experience. We’re so glad to have been able to provide you with everything you needed for a comfortable stay during your recent visit to Peoria. Your kind mention of our team and in-room amenities are appreciated, we will be certain to share your feedback regarding our elevator with our management team. Thank you for your review, we hope to welcome you back to the Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
St. Albert, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Our check in was fast,the staff were friendly and helpful.The location and views were nice.The openness of the lobby and the restaurant made for noisy place.Our room was good except that the bathroom was small.No breakfast in the a.m.was disappointing for the price.Bernnigan had a very nice evening meal.Beds were comfortably and a good night sleep followed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
FourPointsPeoria, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
We’re happy to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown, including our Four Points by Sheraton Four Comfort Beds. We’re sorry, however, if you were disrupted by any noise in our common area or if the size of your guest room did not exceed your expectations. We offer packages which include breakfast so we hope during your next visit to Peoria you will be able take advantage of those savings! Thank you for feedback, we hope to see you again soon.
Peoria, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The bed and linens match what you would expect from a Starwood property and are very comfortable. Unfortunately that's where it stops. This is an old property formerly operated under another brand. When they converted to Four Points it looks like they replaced the carpets, bedding and TV's but did not replace any other furniture or remodel the rooms. The rooms are ok sized but the bathroom was very small. The tub in my bathroom was rusting. The paint on the bathroom and room doors both were chipped and looked bad. The light switch and one of the walls were grimy and the plaster on one of the wall corners was busted up. The room also had a musty smell to it. there was a nice LG 42" tv but there was no HD content and the channels that were there had poor reception.

Overall this property did not meet up to the Starwood experience that I have had else ware.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Guest feedback is important to us, especially when we receive comments that allow us explore areas where we may improve upon the guest experience we offer. Please accept our sincerest apologies that your stay did not exceed your expectations. Your comments will be shared with our management team to ensure we’re doing everything we can to offer the best service and accommodations available to our guests. It is our hope to have an opportunity to make a better impression in the future, thank you.
Saskatchewan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night on our way to St. Louis, during this stay there were some pros and cons. Lets start off with the pros:
- This hotel is located downtown within walking distance to the Riverfront and the Peoria Civic center.
- The entrance was an "open space" kind of area and clean.
- Our room was spacious.
-The staff was friendly and helpful.

The cons:
- There was only 1 elevator working during the time we were there. We had to take 8 flight of stairs to our room cause there was a major line up at the elevator with all the guests and university students. There are only 2 elevators at this hotel.
- The restaurant was in the lobby and we had sunday brunch there and for the price we paid the selection was very marginal, but the staff was great.
- The bathroom could use some updating and some other parts of the room.

For being a Sheraton hotel, this hotel in my view is an "average" Sheraton. As we only stayed here for one night, it was not to bad.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
While we’re pleased you enjoyed our central location, friendly staff and spacious accommodations, we regret any inconvenience you may have experienced in regards to our elevator maintenance. We are sorry that some aspects of our guest rooms were not quite up to your expectations. These are areas we can look to improve and appreciate that you took the time to point them out. Thank you for your review, we hope that you will visit us again in the future for an even more enjoyable stay.
Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This has got to be the worst place I have stayed for sleeping....
Housekeeping is extremely loud....
I called over five times to request they quit slamming door...
I actually went out into the HALLWAY... on four different occasions and requested the PLEASE STOP SLAMMING DOORS>.. to no AVAIL... THEREFORE...
THEY GET A ZERO ! ! !

Awful place.... I don't recommend is for this reason... also, first out of three days, NO HOT WATER.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
FourPointsPeoria, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
We are truly disappointed to learn that your stay was not the relaxing getaway we hope to provide our guests and extend our deepest apologies for the disruptions you encountered. Your comments have been shared with our management team so that we may investigate areas where improvements can be made. Our maintenance staff is looking further into your review as we have no reports of issues with water temperature on file. Thank you for sharing your feedback, we hope you’ll reconsider a future stay so that we may change your impression.
Windom, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed for 3 days and 2 nights and it was a wonderful experience. My husband, myself and 3 kids had a very comfortable stay. We were in a junior suite, it was surprisingly spacious, very clean, with lots of amenities such as mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, kitchenette sink, iron and ironing board and hair dryer. There was a sofa sleeper, which would have been great for my son, except there were stains on the mattress and it was unbelievably uncomfortable...so he slept on the couch and he was very comfortable. The beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was delicious and had a wonderful assortment of food and a friendly wait staff. My kids loved the pool, it was clean and spacious.

The staff at the Four Points were so friendly! The next time we are back in Peoria, we will definitely stay at the Four Points.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor in a Jr Suite in the pool area. It was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
FourPointsPeoria, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
How wonderful that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown and that you go to splash around in our indoor heated pool! We appreciate your kind mention of our helpful staff and breakfast at our on-site restaurant, Bennigan’s Grill & Tavern. We’re glad to read that you found your suite accommodations pleasing, however, please don’t hesitate to reach out in the future if we can improve your level of comfort in any way. Thank you for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

I almost gave this hotel 2 stars; but that wouldn't be entirely fair so I will give it 2 1/2 stars. Let me start with the good: the bed was very comfortable, and the gym was well equipped. The room, while out dated and worn, was clean. The shuttle was great when it was available. But that is about all I've got for the positives. There was ONE working elevator the entire week my group there. And let me tell you; the working elevator was slow at best. The weekend was a crowded nightmare! The front desk was full of short excuses and no apologies. There are little to NO restaurants in walking distance which wouldn't be a terrible problem except for the fact that the hotel restaurant is terrible and is closed for much of the afternoon and evenings (after 10pm).

On Halloween night, the person next door to me had a drunk man trying to kick in her door at 1am (apparently he thought it was his room). It took security almost 10 minutes (we timed it) to come and escort him away to his own room.

Like I have stated in my other reviews; I travel for my job, so I stay in many fine hotels (and some not so fine!). Read my others reviews; I think I am pretty fair.

I really should have give this hotel 2 stars. Go elsewhere if you stay in Peoria.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
FourPointsPeoria, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
We appreciate that you shared your feedback and the aspects of your stay that you enjoyed. It is disappointing, however, that your stay missed the mark and we apologize for any inconvenience. We regret any delays that were a result of the elevator that required maintenance, the issue has been resolved and we are thankful for your understanding. Please be assured that the safety of our guests is our top priority and we take each call to our on-site security team very seriously. In addition to the convenience of our on-site restaurant, we offer a complimentary area shuttle, perfect for exploring the riverfront or the numerous shops and restaurants nearby. Thank you for your feedback, we hope you'll consider giving us another try in the future.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown? Share your experiences!