I almost gave this hotel 2 stars; but that wouldn't be entirely fair so I will give it 2 1/2 stars. Let me start with the good: the bed was very comfortable, and the gym was well equipped. The room, while out dated and worn, was clean. The shuttle was great when it was available. But that is about all I've got for the positives. There was ONE working elevator the entire week my group there. And let me tell you; the working elevator was slow at best. The weekend was a crowded nightmare! The front desk was full of short excuses and no apologies. There are little to NO restaurants in walking distance which wouldn't be a terrible problem except for the fact that the hotel restaurant is terrible and is closed for much of the afternoon and evenings (after 10pm).
On Halloween night, the person next door to me had a drunk man trying to kick in her door at 1am (apparently he thought it was his room). It took security almost 10 minutes (we timed it) to come and escort him away to his own room.
Like I have stated in my other reviews; I travel for my job, so I stay in many fine hotels (and some not so fine!). Read my others reviews; I think I am pretty fair.
I really should have give this hotel 2 stars. Go elsewhere if you stay in Peoria.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown is near I-74, the civic center, medical areas, and O'Brien Field. Our IL hotel has free shuttle service, 22,000 sq ft of event space, and free wifi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Peoria Downtown Hotel Peoria
- 4 Points By Sheraton Peoria Downtown
- Peoria Holiday Inn