“Very pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 22 hotels in Peoria
Chicago
“Very pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

The room was well appointed, immaculately clean and well stocked with personal supplies including cotton balls. Large open closet with a ton of hangers. Comfortable temperature control with constant white noise made for restful sleep for me. Comfortable bed and linens with huge, fluffy pillows, four per bed. Microwave and fridge in my SPG room. As a woman traveling alone I confess to being alert and wary in the area esp. at night. FREE shuttle service around town to restaurants etc, and back. Pleasant staff, alert to needs and friendly. Gift shop can have funky hours, inconsistent times. Bennigans restaurant on property. Work out room. I will definitely go back. This was my second time there in two years. About three blocks to riverfront area. Two blocks to civic center. Beautiful parks, memorials and sculptures sprinkled through area, with some interesting old architecture nearby as well. Easy to get to from route 74. Close to major hospitals, too.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
FourPointsPeoria, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Your glowing review of the Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown means a great deal to us as it is our top priority to provide guests with everything they need for a pleasant stay. We appreciate your kind mention of our convenient location and spacious accommodations. It is wonderful that you enjoyed our comfortable Four Points by Sheraton Four Comfort beds and numerous hotel amenities. We truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon, thank you.

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I recently went to a conference, and many of us stayed at this hotel. People who had rooms above the first floor (like, the 8th floor) had great things to say ..... but my colleague and I had a double-bed room on the first floor. Beds were great, but there were stains on the one chair, scorch marks on the lampshade, and the room was very cramped. Bathroom had a few issues also (and, um .... please consider adding a fan, not just a light). Another colleague had a first floor room where there was only 1 set of curtains (not the usual 2 that rooms have), and she was on the first floor, also -- she felt very unsafe, and requested a room change for the second night. She got one of the rooms on the 8th floor and said it was wonderful.

I think the hotel is okay, but it would be nice if they could close off and remodel the first floor rooms to bring them up to the level found in the rest of the hotel.

Room Tip: Anything above the first floor rooms should be great.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Our greatest hope is to deliver comfortable accommodations and stellar service to each of our guests, so please accept our sincerest apologize if your stay missed the mark. We can assure you that our hotel, known for high standards in regard to our accommodations, takes your feedback to heart and will further investigate comments related to your guest room. Thank you for sharing your review with us, we hope you'll consider giving us another chance in the future.
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stayed at this hotel 1 night, as the guest of a conference being held there. I'd read the reviews and was worried - correctly, as it turned out. The parking garage was poorly-lighted and not convenient to the hotel, for starters - that is, there as no way to get to it from the hotel itself; you had to walk across a drive which didn't look very well lit, and get in a rather sinister-looking, dirty elevator to reach the higher levels. I would not have wanted to traverse this at night. When I left this morning, there was no one at the gate to receive payment (although my parking was validated by the hotel).

Check in was lukewarm, the lobby was really tired and outdated. The room, however, was worse. I'm not saying it was filthy - the bed, at any rate, was clean and comfortable. And it wasn't as if there were massive stains in the very old, worn, carpet, which appeared to have been decently vacuumed. At first it only appeared to be a very tired, outdated room. But upon closer inspection, it was more than that. The waste can in the room hadn't been emptied from the previous guest. The full-length mirror in the bathroom hadn't been cleaned in who knows how long - it was coated with residue and water spots. There was a gaping hole where the fan was - it was just a big, dust-covered blade in a big round hole, dry-wall exposed, not covered at all. The wallpaper was torn, and the baseboard, at one corner, was held together with tape. The sink in the bathroom drained very slowly.

It was so distasteful that I got the heck out of there first thing this morning, unwilling to shower in that bathroom. I left a comment card (I forgot to mention the sink drain, however), and the front desk read it, and tried to summon a manager to see if they could do something for my bill - so there's that, I guess. But I explained that someone else had paid for my room, so if they did anything, they should contact that organization. Also, while I was checking out, someone else was voicing complaints about her room, as well.

I definitely would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
It is truly regrettable to learn that a guest's experience does not meet expectations. Please be assured that our on-site parking deck is secure and offers ample self-parking to our guests. We sincerely apologize if you found any aspect of your accommodations to be lacking, your comments will certainly be shared with our housekeeping and maintenance teams to ensure our rooms are at their best for our guests. We're grateful you shared your concerns with our front desk staff and wish we had the opportunity to make your stay more comfortable. Thank you for your review, we hope you'll reconsider a stay with us in the future so that we may change your impression.
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Perfect location for downtown festivities, close to waterfront. Free shuttle service gets you to restaurants a bit further away. Had a poolside suite that was roomy, but a bit of a walk from the lobby. Nice pool and hot tub outside our door, but it did get noisy with kids in there in the morning. Connected to Bennigan's for convenient meals, as long as you eat breakfast by 10:00, or 11:00 on Sundays.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
FourPointsPeoria, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
The Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown is the perfect place to work and play in Peoria. We're lucky to be situated just a short walk from the civic center and waterfront and couldn't be happier that you enjoyed our central location. Thank you for sharing the highlights of your stay, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.
Rock Falls, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Nice sized room, bathroom on the small size, large flat screen and new carpet. Nice walk to the riverfront area, about 4 blocks. Bennigan's restaurant attached but closed at 10:00 on Sat. night. Overall great place to stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
FourPointsPeoria, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
How wonderful that you had a chance to enjoy a stroll by the RiverFront! We also offer a complimentary shuttle to area businesses and attractions within a 3 mile radius of our hotel for guests interested in exploring the local scene. Your kind mention of our guest rooms, location and recent upgrades are greatly appreciated. Installing new carpet is just one of the many ways we strive to continually improve our hotel and the experience we offer our guests. We look forward to a future opportunity to welcome you back to the Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown, thank you.
Minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Booked through priceline and got a great deal on a one-night drive through Peoria. Super easy to find with Mapquest directions, Got in really late, it was pitch black, and at first glance thought the lobby to be quite lovely. Check in gal was very nice even though juggling many balls...seemed she was there by herself for a time, answering guests calls and checking myself and another man in. But she never quit smiling and the tone in her voice never changed. She seemed very pleasant and professional.

At check in, you get directions to their parking ramp which is a connected city ramp, I believe, as you do have to have your parking ticket validated. It is very easy to find located right behind the hotel building with a connecting doorway. No problem with that whatsoever, and i felt totally secure in the ramp all by myself in the late evening hour as it is very well lit.

Going up the the rooms, I did notice it all seemed quite clean...including the glass elevator...but opening my hotel room door I admit I was a bit disappointed. Don't get me wrong...it seemed very, very clean, and the beds are to die for comfortable. But...the decor was run down, wallpaper peeling from bathroom wall...and there was a distinct musty odor. Actually, it seemed to be coming from the central air system to me...but it could have also just been in the walls, as it did not seem near as offensive with the air off as it did with the air on. Regardless, it definitely made you feel like you were in a hotel past it's prime.

Another point I would like to make about that, is that upon check-in when I was given my key, the woman at the front desk wrote 'priceline' on the cardboard carrying case the key comes in. I had never seen anyone do that before, so was a little confused as to why she had done it, then it occurred to me that perhaps this was a way to decide which section of rooms she put me in or to clarify and discrepancies I might have while there with staff so they knew I hadn't paid full price for the room. I know this sounds paranoid, but it really is a mystery to me why she would write that on my key card. Do people who pay full price get updated rooms? I don't know. I think it was just very strange.

So next morning when I check out, I got a closer look at that lobby, and like the room itself, it is very, very tattered. Furniture is really chipped up and missing finish, elevator not so lovely at all in the daylight. However, overall I would say for one-night and the price, it was very clean and secure and I with a discounted price, I would not mind staying here again, though would not pay full price for the same experience...unless, of course, they really do have updated rooms they save for the occasion and it wasn't just my own paranoia.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
FourPointsPeoria, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
We strive to provide each and every one of our guests with the best accommodations and highest quality of service possible regardless of how rooms are booked and we regret if you got the impression of anything different. We appreciate that you took the time to share your feedback with us and would like to let you know that we are updating aspects of our hotel such as carpeting. Thank you for your kind words about our staff, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the very near future.
Apple Valley, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Great bed, large flat screen, but could be more clean. I expected more for a Four Points. The staff was very professional - from the front desk, happy hour bartender, room service staff. The tub was old and needs to be replaced or coated and the parking ramp scared me (woman business traveler alone).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
FourPointsPeoria, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
While we're glad you enjoyed our Four Points by Sheraton Four Comfort Beds, in-room amenities and our staff, we regret that your stay was not as you expected. Your feedback is being reviewed further with our housekeeping team to ensure our rooms continue to meet our strict standards and are at their best for our guests. Please be assured that all parts of our hotel are extremely safe and that our security staff is happy to accompany any guest that may prefer not to walk by themselves. We thank you for your feedback and hope you'll consider a future stay with us.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown? Share your experiences!