Stayed at this hotel 1 night, as the guest of a conference being held there. I'd read the reviews and was worried - correctly, as it turned out. The parking garage was poorly-lighted and not convenient to the hotel, for starters - that is, there as no way to get to it from the hotel itself; you had to walk across a drive which didn't look very well lit, and get in a rather sinister-looking, dirty elevator to reach the higher levels. I would not have wanted to traverse this at night. When I left this morning, there was no one at the gate to receive payment (although my parking was validated by the hotel).
Check in was lukewarm, the lobby was really tired and outdated. The room, however, was worse. I'm not saying it was filthy - the bed, at any rate, was clean and comfortable. And it wasn't as if there were massive stains in the very old, worn, carpet, which appeared to have been decently vacuumed. At first it only appeared to be a very tired, outdated room. But upon closer inspection, it was more than that. The waste can in the room hadn't been emptied from the previous guest. The full-length mirror in the bathroom hadn't been cleaned in who knows how long - it was coated with residue and water spots. There was a gaping hole where the fan was - it was just a big, dust-covered blade in a big round hole, dry-wall exposed, not covered at all. The wallpaper was torn, and the baseboard, at one corner, was held together with tape. The sink in the bathroom drained very slowly.
It was so distasteful that I got the heck out of there first thing this morning, unwilling to shower in that bathroom. I left a comment card (I forgot to mention the sink drain, however), and the front desk read it, and tried to summon a manager to see if they could do something for my bill - so there's that, I guess. But I explained that someone else had paid for my room, so if they did anything, they should contact that organization. Also, while I was checking out, someone else was voicing complaints about her room, as well.
I definitely would not stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown is near I-74, the civic center, medical areas, and O'Brien Field. Our IL hotel has free shuttle service, 22,000 sq ft of event space, and free wifi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Peoria Downtown
- Four Points By Sheraton Peoria Downtown Hotel Peoria
- Peoria Holiday Inn