“Good Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Michigan
“Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Perfect location for downtown festivities, close to waterfront. Free shuttle service gets you to restaurants a bit further away. Had a poolside suite that was roomy, but a bit of a walk from the lobby. Nice pool and hot tub outside our door, but it did get noisy with kids in there in the morning. Connected to Bennigan's for convenient meals, as long as you eat breakfast by 10:00, or 11:00 on Sundays.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
FourPointsPeoria, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
The Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown is the perfect place to work and play in Peoria. We're lucky to be situated just a short walk from the civic center and waterfront and couldn't be happier that you enjoyed our central location. Thank you for sharing the highlights of your stay, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Rock Falls, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Nice sized room, bathroom on the small size, large flat screen and new carpet. Nice walk to the riverfront area, about 4 blocks. Bennigan's restaurant attached but closed at 10:00 on Sat. night. Overall great place to stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
FourPointsPeoria, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
How wonderful that you had a chance to enjoy a stroll by the RiverFront! We also offer a complimentary shuttle to area businesses and attractions within a 3 mile radius of our hotel for guests interested in exploring the local scene. Your kind mention of our guest rooms, location and recent upgrades are greatly appreciated. Installing new carpet is just one of the many ways we strive to continually improve our hotel and the experience we offer our guests. We look forward to a future opportunity to welcome you back to the Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown, thank you.
Minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Booked through priceline and got a great deal on a one-night drive through Peoria. Super easy to find with Mapquest directions, Got in really late, it was pitch black, and at first glance thought the lobby to be quite lovely. Check in gal was very nice even though juggling many balls...seemed she was there by herself for a time, answering guests calls and checking myself and another man in. But she never quit smiling and the tone in her voice never changed. She seemed very pleasant and professional.

At check in, you get directions to their parking ramp which is a connected city ramp, I believe, as you do have to have your parking ticket validated. It is very easy to find located right behind the hotel building with a connecting doorway. No problem with that whatsoever, and i felt totally secure in the ramp all by myself in the late evening hour as it is very well lit.

Going up the the rooms, I did notice it all seemed quite clean...including the glass elevator...but opening my hotel room door I admit I was a bit disappointed. Don't get me wrong...it seemed very, very clean, and the beds are to die for comfortable. But...the decor was run down, wallpaper peeling from bathroom wall...and there was a distinct musty odor. Actually, it seemed to be coming from the central air system to me...but it could have also just been in the walls, as it did not seem near as offensive with the air off as it did with the air on. Regardless, it definitely made you feel like you were in a hotel past it's prime.

Another point I would like to make about that, is that upon check-in when I was given my key, the woman at the front desk wrote 'priceline' on the cardboard carrying case the key comes in. I had never seen anyone do that before, so was a little confused as to why she had done it, then it occurred to me that perhaps this was a way to decide which section of rooms she put me in or to clarify and discrepancies I might have while there with staff so they knew I hadn't paid full price for the room. I know this sounds paranoid, but it really is a mystery to me why she would write that on my key card. Do people who pay full price get updated rooms? I don't know. I think it was just very strange.

So next morning when I check out, I got a closer look at that lobby, and like the room itself, it is very, very tattered. Furniture is really chipped up and missing finish, elevator not so lovely at all in the daylight. However, overall I would say for one-night and the price, it was very clean and secure and I with a discounted price, I would not mind staying here again, though would not pay full price for the same experience...unless, of course, they really do have updated rooms they save for the occasion and it wasn't just my own paranoia.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
FourPointsPeoria, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
We strive to provide each and every one of our guests with the best accommodations and highest quality of service possible regardless of how rooms are booked and we regret if you got the impression of anything different. We appreciate that you took the time to share your feedback with us and would like to let you know that we are updating aspects of our hotel such as carpeting. Thank you for your kind words about our staff, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the very near future.
Apple Valley, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Great bed, large flat screen, but could be more clean. I expected more for a Four Points. The staff was very professional - from the front desk, happy hour bartender, room service staff. The tub was old and needs to be replaced or coated and the parking ramp scared me (woman business traveler alone).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
FourPointsPeoria, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
While we're glad you enjoyed our Four Points by Sheraton Four Comfort Beds, in-room amenities and our staff, we regret that your stay was not as you expected. Your feedback is being reviewed further with our housekeeping team to ensure our rooms continue to meet our strict standards and are at their best for our guests. Please be assured that all parts of our hotel are extremely safe and that our security staff is happy to accompany any guest that may prefer not to walk by themselves. We thank you for your feedback and hope you'll consider a future stay with us.
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Wanting to stay in Downtown Peoria, I booked at the Four Points despite many negative comments here. So glad I did! Superb location, just 3-4 blocks from the riverfront area. The hotel staff were all very, very nice - from the men outside helping with parking and luggage to the front desk. The shuttle driver was also fantastic. The room was great - comfy, aircon, nice TV. great amenities.

No free breakfast but that didn't bother me much. Free wifi was great and worked well.

Totally recommend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
FourPointsPeoria, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
We are so glad you did also! Guest feedback is important to us, especially when we receive comments that allowed us the opportunity to make an impression. At the Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown, we offer packages which include breakfast so we hope during your next visit to Downtown Peoria you will be able enjoy those savings! Thank you for feedback and we hope to see you again soon.
Bettendorf, IA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Checkin was swift, pleasant. Parking is behind the hotel - major problem is that the garage is poorly lit at night. Room was standard Four Points issue - moderately comfortable bed; room clean except the carpet was not vacuumed as thoroughly as it should have been. Shower water pressure was variable. Internet functioned well, was reasonably fast, and was free. Was going to give this hotel a "poor" rating, but at checkout, the desk clerk specifically asked if there were any problems - when I mentioned the less than stellar carpet, she said she would call housekeeping and remind them. I also mentioned the intermittent shower pressure - she said another guest had complained that morning, and that she would have someone look into it - people usually did not complain of this issue. Her interest and friendliness got the upgrade to "average." Wish more hotels would show this kind of interest in their guests.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
FourPointsPeoria, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Peoria Downtown, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
We care about the experience our guests have at our hotel and would want to know if something isn’t right or if we can improve any aspect of their stay. Our teams have looked into your comments ensuring that our guest rooms are at their best for our guests and we apologize for any difficulties you may have experienced. Thank you for sharing your concerns with our front desk associate and for the compliment you extended to her. We hope you’ll consider a future stay with us so that we may impress you in every way.
Kankakee, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This was my third consecutive disappointing stay at Four Points Peoria. I travel to Peoria frequently. This time I was immediately offered bonus points for my troubles, the last time I had to argue to get my green points (for not requesting housekeeping services). One of the two elevators was down until the day I left. I learned from another guest that it had been down for a week.
The front desk workers were much more pleasant than they were last month. My room had no a/c, when I was moved, it was apparently not put in the system and someone tried to enter the room. The front desk then called to ask who I was.
I am not sure, but I don't think I will be staying at the Four Points Peoria again. This is sad since I love the Sheraton brand and even lived in one before finding a home after a job transfer.

Room Tip: Romms on floors 7+ have microwaves and refridgerators.