“Hostess- Sam” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Peoria, Illinois
“Hostess- Sam”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

The woman at the front desk Samantha Wright is the best employee here. for the past year and a half every time i have had to stay she has made sure that she took care of everything i need. she is helpful and a sweetheart. She has always been kind and when i see here at the front desk in the hotel i feel at home.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms are a good size and really nice
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We booked our stay at the Peoria Baymont Inn & Suites on priceline.com. I have stayed at this hotel before and have never had any problems like we did on our last stay. When we checked in at the front desk everything was fine, but when we reached our room it was horrible. When we opened the door there was a horrible ordor coming from the room, stains on the window curtains, no refriderator, stains on the bathroom ceiling that looked like dried blood or feces and to top it all of there was no running water in our room. When this was discovered, I called the front desk and the man there told me that the water was off and their was a leak in the pipe. When I asked him if he knew of this at the time of check in he gave me some smart response. I proptly said I would like a full refund and to check out. When that was said he told me that I would have to wait to check out because he had a lobby full of people. This man was the most impolite that I have ever incoutered.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Brandon, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I don't know where to start... It's very difficult to find because you MUST enter through the local mall (& if you don't know where you're going, you won't know where it is... and I would have to believe you won't know since you're staying at a hotel presumably because you're coming in from out of town...) The staff doesn't know what they're doing half the time, although they tried to be friendly when THEY messed up. The manager on staff (his name is Ravi) could care less about you or your problems with their establishment, which started from the 1st minute we checked in. When you hear there were RENOVATIONS, you have expectations for the hotel to be a lot cleaner than we found this one. The front door picture is the only true depiction you will see of this hotel. We reserved a room with fridge & microwave (in the hopes of saving some money on eating out our entire stay). We discovered that after we brought groceries from a local store that there was no fridge or microwave in our room. We were promised a refund of that night & promised a fridge & microwave the next day, but the refund never happened. When the fridge & microwave were installed (while we were out), the guy unplugged the tv to plug in both the fridge & microwave. He didn't bother with plugging the tv back in. When we called the front desk aobut it, we were told to just hook up the tv & we would be fine. The problem with that: I have a bad wrist, so I can't move heavy things, and the plug was pushed under the edge of the dresser. In order to get the plug, I had to move the heavy dresser with the tv on top to free the cord. When I finally freed it, there was no outlet to plug it in. It was either decide to watch tv or have the microwave plugged in. Of course, we unplugged the microwave, but anytime we wanted to use it, we were without the tv until we were done. We were never provided additional towels or essentials (shampoo, conditioner, soap or TOILET PAPER) the remainder of our stay after we complained about the tv, fridge & microwave. They offer free hot breakfast, but seeing EXPIRED milk & yogurt in the mini-countertop fridge in the dining area was not appetizing to us. When we said something, they did nothing to replace them. We chose to not eat their "free" breakfast until we had very little choice on our last morning there. (We had a very short window between our check out time & our return flight home, so we thought we could make up some time by eating their breakfast in the hopes that everything was fresh...) We attempted to eat some of the watered down eggs, but found them hard to eat. We wanted to try their sausage gravy & biscuits only to discover that they ran out. We were then stuck with either cold cereal with the expired milk or danishes. How is either of those a HOT BREAKFAST option??? After all that, we were still stuck paying full price. I would have preferred to stay in a barn after that. I truly believe barn-yard animals would have been more hospitable than the staff we dealt with at this location. Believe me, when we visit our family again, we will steer clear of this place. We truly feel it's not worth $20 a night, let alone what we were stuck paying.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a good room to choose from. Ours faced traffic on the interstate, which...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from my second stay, I don't think I'll try a third. Housekeeping staff is very loud in halls. Toilet cycled every 3 minutes or so all night. Breakfast hot food was not appealing. At check out, was told they were going to receive 32" flat screens soon. Will help rooms appearance. On a plus side, the beds were comfortable and I really like the bedding.

• Stayed August 2012
Wheaton, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

First, you should know that the hotel is not located at the address listed. No navigator can guide you to their door because the actual location is a frontage road accessible only from a shopping mall.

After more than 30 minutes of driving up and down War Memorial Dr cursing my GPS every time she pronounced "you have arrived at your location" with no hotel in sight I called the hotel to beg for directions.

No answer. 9pm. Try again. Still no answer. Third time is the charm. Male voice says in response to my frustration 'yeah, we get that a lot'.

He was able to provide the ACTUAL location of the hotel, but despite 'getting that a lot' couldn't suggest a landmark to mark the secret road in the shopping mall that led to the hotel.

I don't think it's necessary to review the hotel itself. Just close your eyes and imagine what kind of place would knowingly put their 'guests' through that kind of crap just to find the place?

Are you picturing a clean, well kept comfortable facility with attentive staff? I didn't think so.

• Stayed July 2012
Bradenton, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Our overall stay was average...Per what we noticed online this hotel had been renovated in 2010 this did appear to be so. Front Desk staff was always very nice and accomadating and immediately offered us a Suite come the falling Monday at no extra charge. Although our first room the AC was broken so we were then moved to another room which was fine, on Monday we were moved to our suite, the extra room was a great welcome, Unfortuantely the tv's had issues in both rooms, we had to go down stairs and request more towels because either there was not enough for us left and house keeping did not clean our room on 2 different days...We would leave our room daily by 10:30 am or before...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Anderson, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Kate was the first person that I spoke to on the telephone and she did a great job of getting all the needed rooms. SAM what can I say about SAM - she was awesome - very helpful in every way. She needs to be working in an upper class motel. The rooms on the other hand needed much upgrading. The carpets felt as though they hadn't been cleaned in several months, carpet very worn. Didn't want to set in the chair - very dirty feeling. Internet didn't always work or the TV. The owners need to spend some money on upgrades if they want a better clientel. Motel was hard to find, thankfully we had a GPS.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!