“Large selection, poor quality” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #148 of 324 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: Chinese
Peoria, Illinois
“Large selection, poor quality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

This place has changed hands and names several times. They do have quite a selection, but as a fan of GOOD Chinese cuisine I was very much disappointed. Fried food that should be crispy was limp and soggy, many items were room temperature instead of being hot, but chicken that was pink in the middle was the final straw. Don't waste your time or money (or health) on this place.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Peoria, Illinois
“Lunch stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I do not usually go in this direction for lunch but on this occasion I was at about lunch so I stopped. I am a great fan of Chinese cuisine and had not been in this place for a few years. The lunch buffet was great. There was a great selection available and also fresh sushi being made as I was there. The presentation of the food was great. The quality of the food was very good to excellent. Not the best I have ever had but considering this is a buffet, certainly nothing to complain about. The atmosphere clean and tastefully done with service in bringing drinks and taking plates away was very well done. The prices were in line with typical lunch menus but the selection far surpassed most places for lunch. All things considered, this is a place to visit again. Nice enough to go for dinner and convenient and pleasant place to have a business lunch. For me the bottom line is would I go there again? My answer is yes. I'll be back again and sooner rather than later too.

• Visited April 2014