“Decent zoo for a small city” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Peoria Zoo

Peoria Zoo
2320 North Prospect Road, Peoria, IL 61603-2193 (Formerly Glen Oak Zoo)
+1 309-686-3365
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 37 things to do in Peoria
More attraction details
Owner description: The Peoria Zoo is home to over 100 species of animals from around the world. From giraffes and rhinoceros to spider monkeys and sea lions, the Zoo is the wildest family place in town. The Peoria Zoo is open year round. Our Education Department offers programs for ages 2 and up. These include Home School classes, Zoo Tots, Jungle Jamboree, summer Zoo Camp and Zoo Teens volunteer program. During summer months we offer Giraffe Feeding in Africa and Budgie Feeding in the Aussie Walk About. From Memorial Day to Labor Day, scheduled Keeper Chats take place every day. Our two biggest events are the Easter Egg Hunt and Howl-Zoo-Ween. We offer a variety of birthday parties and Zoo Snoozes. Our Zambezi River Lodge is available for corporate events, wedding receptions, and special celebrations.
Peoria, Illinois
8 attraction reviews
“Decent zoo for a small city”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have been here several times with grandkids. The zoo is fairly small, and the animals aren't always available, but overall, it's a good experience. Cost is fair, the place isn't usually too crowded, and you can see everything in about an hour.

Visited April 2013

Gridley, Illinois
8 attraction reviews
“Big zoo animals in a small venue!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I really enjoy the Peoria zoo. Since my wife and I live within 45 minutes, we take the kids here often. Sure, the zoos of Chicago or St. Louis have more to see, but the convenience of Peoria is great. Free parking, like $8 to get in, and it doesn't take a whole day to see everything. There are some quality exhibits as well. There's giraffe, rhino, tiger, lion, zebra, and others. My daughter was standing at the lion exhibit glass when the large male decided to stroll by. It was quite the experience forher to have that big cat just 2 feet away! I highly recommend the Peoria Zoo for a affordable and convenient afternoon.

Visited May 2013
Illinois, United States
4 attraction reviews
“Play at the Peoria Zoo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

All the new attractions are wonderful for all ages! My daughter lovers to explore the entire place with her cousins.

Visited May 2013
San Jose, IL
20 attraction reviews
“Nice for the Price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This zoo is a wonderful way to spend the day with your kids or grandkids. The new Africa exhibit is wonderful, and my grandson loved seeing the animals that he hadn't seen in a zoo before. Educational and fun!

Visited October 2012
Peoria, Illinois, United States
“We have loved watching the tigers grow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

What a transformation our zoo has made over the years. I am proud to be a member. I am looking forward to continue taking all of my kids (ages 13 to 2 months) to the zoo on a regular basis. We go most Sundays. I love when the volunteers teach my children about the different animals and then for the next week they tell me what they have learned over and over. :) I am so impressed that I talked my brother into buying a season pass last week. Our zoo is not the largest zoo but it has the most love for their animals. Thank you Peoria Zoo for all of the past present and future memories.

Visited April 2013