“Never Again!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Nashville, Tennessee
“Never Again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Will never stay at this hotel again. When we first arrived we received a room that smelled, had wet carpet, and the AC did not work. We lasted 15 minutes before we requested another room, which they were able to provide. At least the AC worked. The carpets were not nearly as damp, but this room also had a horrible smell (different than than previous room). I immediately went to the store to buy air freshners. 30 minutes later when I got back the feet on my 1 year old were already black from walking on the carpets.

That night we placed the do not disturb sign on the door. It was removed at 9:30 and we left the hotel at 10:00. When we came back our room had not been made. When my wife went to the front desk and was talked down to by the front desk worker. Stated some rule that if housekeeping sees the do not disturb sign they don't ever come back to check. I guess that explains why the place is so dirty. We did finally get towels and ice bags to put in the trash cans.

In addition to the dirt the room had no hot water in the shower. You turn the knob to adjust tempature and nothing changed. Nothing like a semi-warm shower to start the day. To top it off you can head down the the picked over breakfast bar. Nothing was being re-stocked and the trash can was overflowing. Attendent could care less.

My sister stayed at this hotel at the same time. She also had the issue with bad smelling rooms and no hot water.

Comfort Suites really needs to evaluate this hotel and decide if they want their name over the door. I think I would of had better luck next door at the Super 8 for half the price.

Room Tip: Goto another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Gretchen_Geerdes, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
I am sorry that you were disappointed with your room here during your recent visit. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I will use your comments in our next staff meeting with housekeeping and front desk, so we can improve our service here at the Comfort Suites, so we can prevent others from begin unhappy with their choice to stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The hotel is run down, not kept up and not clean. I asked three times for our room to be cleaned (beds made and floors vacuumed) but it was never done. Another person in our party was given a room with vomit on the floor. She promptly left the hotel. Two days later someone else checked into that room, and the vomit had never been cleaned up. The breakfast attendant is rude and didn't keep items refilled. 15 minutes before breakfast was over, she started turning everything off, regardless of the fact people were still coming in. Management could have cared less and the entire staff is rude.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Gretchen_Geerdes, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
I am sorry that you were disappointed with your room here during your recent visit. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I will use your comments in discussions and training to improve our service here, so that we can prevent others from being unhappy with their choice to stay with us.
Bloomington, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Sign visible from I74, but not on street. Drive through Perkins parking lot to access Comfort Suites. Our room was clean and comfy, with microwave and bar refrigerator. There is a pool. Hair dryer requires two handed operation so one can't use a styling brush while blowing hair dry. Breakfast was fresh waffles, biscuits and gravy, various fruit and juices, hard boiled eggs. Our bill was $110 AARP rate including tax. We like Choice Hotels for value but I think it's a little expensive. We'll stay here again because it's convenient.

• Stayed July 2013
Gretchen_Geerdes, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your business and your comments about our hotel. We try to exceed the expectations of every guest and are very happy when people enjoy themselves here. We hope you will stay with us again during your next visit to our area. I understand the price seems a little expensive but we are in line with the other hotels in the area. thank you,
Elkhart
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Staff was friendly which helped after pulling into the parking lot wondering if I had made a mistake in choosing this hotel. Check in process was great, room was clean and spacious. Everything a person could need was there, was able to complete my work at the desk without any interruption as the hotel seemed to be quiet. Got a good nights sleep as the bed was comfortable, only issue was the tub seemed to drain slower than the shower water was coming out. I would stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Madison
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The beds in our room were comfortable. The rest of the hotel is just average. The room walls are thin, so we did here children running down the halls at 11 p.m. (Thankfully, we travel with ear plugs.) The room was especially humid. The pool is tiny. The breakfast was big on white starches and low on fruit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed here one night while traveling through the area. The room was nice and clean however the air conditioning stopped working about 2a.m. and I opened the window to cool off the room. The noise from the highway traffic made it next to impossible to get back to sleep and I checked out around 6:30a.m. The staff was less than sympathetic when I checked out as was the manager when I called later that day, stating there was nothing wrong with their equipment. After much discussion they finally agreed to discount the room due to my dissatisfaction. I would not stay here again due to the staff's attitude.

• Stayed May 2013
Church hill, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Have stayed here several times, the beds are always forgiving and comfortable. It's VERY CLEAN, quiet and the staff is very personable. Wish I could put this small hotel in my pocket to take with me every where I travel too.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Gretchen_Geerdes, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your comments- we know you have many lodging choices and really appreciate your business. We are glad you were pleased with the accomodations and service we provide, and that you found us to be a great value. Please let us know when you will be returing so that we can thank you in person.

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!