“Clean but a liitle expensive” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Bloomington, Minnesota
“Clean but a liitle expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Sign visible from I74, but not on street. Drive through Perkins parking lot to access Comfort Suites. Our room was clean and comfy, with microwave and bar refrigerator. There is a pool. Hair dryer requires two handed operation so one can't use a styling brush while blowing hair dry. Breakfast was fresh waffles, biscuits and gravy, various fruit and juices, hard boiled eggs. Our bill was $110 AARP rate including tax. We like Choice Hotels for value but I think it's a little expensive. We'll stay here again because it's convenient.

• Stayed July 2013
Gretchen_Geerdes, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your business and your comments about our hotel. We try to exceed the expectations of every guest and are very happy when people enjoy themselves here. We hope you will stay with us again during your next visit to our area. I understand the price seems a little expensive but we are in line with the other hotels in the area. thank you,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Elkhart
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Staff was friendly which helped after pulling into the parking lot wondering if I had made a mistake in choosing this hotel. Check in process was great, room was clean and spacious. Everything a person could need was there, was able to complete my work at the desk without any interruption as the hotel seemed to be quiet. Got a good nights sleep as the bed was comfortable, only issue was the tub seemed to drain slower than the shower water was coming out. I would stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Madison
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The beds in our room were comfortable. The rest of the hotel is just average. The room walls are thin, so we did here children running down the halls at 11 p.m. (Thankfully, we travel with ear plugs.) The room was especially humid. The pool is tiny. The breakfast was big on white starches and low on fruit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed here one night while traveling through the area. The room was nice and clean however the air conditioning stopped working about 2a.m. and I opened the window to cool off the room. The noise from the highway traffic made it next to impossible to get back to sleep and I checked out around 6:30a.m. The staff was less than sympathetic when I checked out as was the manager when I called later that day, stating there was nothing wrong with their equipment. After much discussion they finally agreed to discount the room due to my dissatisfaction. I would not stay here again due to the staff's attitude.

• Stayed May 2013
Church hill, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Have stayed here several times, the beds are always forgiving and comfortable. It's VERY CLEAN, quiet and the staff is very personable. Wish I could put this small hotel in my pocket to take with me every where I travel too.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Gretchen_Geerdes, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your comments- we know you have many lodging choices and really appreciate your business. We are glad you were pleased with the accomodations and service we provide, and that you found us to be a great value. Please let us know when you will be returing so that we can thank you in person.
Milligan College, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

stayed for a conference (paid by company) because this location has a hot tub but the other hotels around it do not. the hot tub was not working, but they did have a fancy framed sign saying it was broken. the website did not, and still does not, note that it is not working. i don't know if they have fixed it but i don't trust them. i let them know my concern and they gave me 300 points. what good is that? i know my company did not need to get money refunded, but 300 points is not nearly enough for me to take the chance with them again. it was approximately 1/20th of a free night or equivalent of $3.50. each time i have the choice to stay here, i have kept driving to champaign or the quad cities instead.

so after eight hours in tiny classroom chairs, i had no chance to relax and the room was louder than i expected for as few people as were staying there. other than that the room was clean and the food was good.

Room Tip: if you are paying your own way, use the coupon book from the rest areas about a half hour from peori...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

The breakfast is gross! My room was clean but the hotel was not up to standards. The Front end management staff is very shady! I was charged a smoking fee when the smoke wasnt coming from my room! They never knocked on my door once to say they had complaints. They could have seen or smelled for themselves that it wasnt my room. They waited until I checked out when I couldnt debate it. These rooms have keycard access and my room door was open atleast 2 hours before i checked out because i was in and out taking stuff to the car. now if there was smoke coming from my room u could see and smell it in the hallway right? Thats what i said. i called the manager gretchen greed and she was very rude. she made me feel as if i couldnt ask questions about MY money! She couldnt answer any of my questions as to there procedure! she kept changing her story. first it was my room then it was in the area of my room. they put an ozone machine in the hallway but it was atleast 10-12 rooms away from mine. what this woman didnt know is ive done this kind of work for over 10 years! do not stay at this property i repeat there are several nicer and more respectable establishments in the area. I Repeat This Establishment Is Very Shady, Do Not Leave Your Credit Card Infomation Here. Stay somewhere else Shady Shady Shady Establishment!

• Stayed March 2013
gretchen g, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review. I am so sorry that you had a disappointing experience with our staff. I am extremely disappointed you found our staff members to be unprofessional and rude towards you. Our main goal is for every guest to feel cared for, valued and respected. I truly regret that our staff did not provide you with the level of customer service you deserve. I have personally spoken to our staff and guarantee this will not happen again. I can assure you that our guest satisfaction is very important to us and I will make sure that your comments be taken into consideration to improve our property. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!