“Amazing!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Galesburg, Illinois
“Amazing!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

Why aren't there Rhythm Kitchens in every city?! The lighting and atmosphere was very nice on a night with no live music (Thurs). The waitress/server was friendly, prompt and accurate. Appetizer was very quick to the table and the wait for the main course was very reasonable. Very nice selection of alcoholic beverages from the bar. Food was simply amazing and dessert is a MUST. I usually don't try new places and usually don't order dessert. On this date I did both at Rhythm Kitchen and could not have been happier. I even took some cookies home for later (they were amazing too!).

Peoria Heights, Illinois
“Rhythm Kitchen - Hits and Misses”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

We visit the downtown area of Peoria on a regular basis and have stopped into Rhythm Kitchen on several occasions. Things I love about Rhythm Kitchen - the general atmosphere is eclectic, fun, and relaxing! For the most part the staff is gracious and very friendly and they make you feel at home. Evenings with music are also a treat at Rhythm Kitchen. We have been in the evening and for brunch. Our best meal by far was at brunch! My husband had a Skillet Scrambler and I had the Salmon BLT - our friends had same! The food was hot and delicious and came with small sides of a fruit bread and fresh fruit. All was great as was the service that day. We have also been for dinner having Pizza - California Dreamin and Caribbean - and the Fruit and Cheese platters and wine to start. The pizzas were very good - some of the best I have had in Peoria. The wine is affordable and fairly priced. The fruit and cheese plate was skimpy - but the cheese was good! The only bad experience we had at Rhythm Kitchen was coming in a 45 minutes before closing and having the waitress or hostess turn down our table of 8. I was a bit surprised having worked in restaurants and in hospitality that she would turn down an 8 top. All in all it's a pretty good deal for what you get and the restaurant itself is very chill!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Peoria, IL
“Quaint little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

Upper scale Panera. Eclectic, enjoyable. A little out of the way unless you are in the riverfront area.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chicagoland
“One of my favorite restaurants!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

I am a big fan of good food. I hate to pay for food that I don't feel is worth the price. I prefer local establishments than chains and I want good, nutritious, healthy food. Lots of variety and none of the ordinary. The Rhythm Kitchen fits the bill in a major way. I love the variety of options for my vegetarian and vegan friends - and believe me, I'm a meat eater but I often end up eating vegetarian dishes here because they are so good! Basically everything here is made from scratch and you can watch Shelly preparing your food in her open kitchen. During the summer months, they get produce directly from the Riverfront Market across the street from the restaurant!

A friend and I always visit the Rhythm Kitchen many weekends after my Saturday morning run, yoga and clases at the Riverplex. The reward is a great lunch at the RK. It's usually soup/salad, but not your typical. There's always a great soup from tomato basil, creamy pea with rosemary, or something seasonal like squash or sweet potato. There's always a vegan option. The menu is fairly small but varied...and there are always several specials written on the chalk board - from vegan curry stews to seafood specials.

My favorites include:
Veggie breakfast burrito - stuffed full of eggs and seasonal vegetables, served with sour cream, chips and their awesome home-made salsa.

The corn, tomato and pasta salad - tender rotini, corn and tomatoes served on a bed of lettuce with their wonderful garlic parmesean dressing.

Salmon BLT - I always get this without the bacon. A char-grilled salmon fillet on whole grain bread with lettuce and tomatoes. You get soup or salad with this. It's hearty!

And I've had the best vegan chocolate cake ever there - they will drizzle with chocolate and powdered sugar...very moist.

And for the meat and potato folks out there, their daily specials often include steaks, brats, and they have great homemade pizzas too served on thin cracker-like crusts - they're pretty large! Depending on if you're here for lunch or dinner, you can pay $7.95 for a salad or $21.95 for a steak. Much variety here! Weekend evenings bring live music to add to the atmosphere - and they're open late!

Only downsides - when they're busy, they're busy, but the girls do their best to keep up and they're always friendly...also, limited hours. Sometimes I want to go on a Monday night but forget they're not open!

PEKIN
“best little place in Peoria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

Great food, good times, wonderful people. friendly and inviting: from the front door to the open kitchen,this is a must try for central illinois. on the weekend there is live music
and great folks at this cafe can't be beat for miles around.