“One of the best for service and room stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette

You added Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette to your Saves list
Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   501 Main Street, Peoria, IL 61602 (Formerly Hotel Pere Marquette)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Ohio City, Ohio
“One of the best for service and room stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed at the Pere Marquette Marriott for a friend’s wedding. The room was spacious and very comfortable. It is exactly what I expected from Marriott. But the best part of the stay was not the room at all. It was the restaurant Table19 and the staff.

We came down for breakfast one morning at 6am and found that it was not opened even though all of our information said it would be. We encountered the manager Dion and she informed us that breakfast did not start until 6:30am but we could still have breakfast. She served us piping hot coffee and recommended the Southwestern omelet. We had the omelet and wonderful eggs benedict. Hats off to the Chef! The best breakfast we had! Dion filled us in on the local history of the hotel, and had us captivated with Table 19 story. But what really made our day was when it was time for the bill; she totally took care of it for us! She said that she was sorry that breakfast hours were different in our room and since we were first time guest she appreciated us choosing the Marriott. What a wonderful surprise! Her personality was infectious, her smile lit up the room and her customer service was more than we could ask for. I will be back time and time again! THANK YOU DION FOR YOUR AWSOME SERVICE! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Laura L, General Manager at Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Good morning,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the hotel. Deon is quite an incredible, dedicated associate at our hotel. I can't wait to share your comments about her to the entire staff.

Deon makes us proud every day.

I hope that you have the opportunity to visit us again in the very near future. The team and I are extremely proud of our hotel and Table 19 is an amazing restaurant. Our culinary team are passionate about food and prepare each meal with care.

I appreciate the time that you took to share your comments with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
central Wisconsin, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I just returned from a three night stay in Peoria, where I attended a fantastic concert by the Peoria Symphony Orchestra featuring Olga Kern. Staying at this hotel was very convenient, and the staff and service where excellent throughout my stay. An older building that Marriott has renovated very well. My room was large (8th floor with a nice view), very clean and everything provided was first class, I slept well on a an extremely comfortable bed. The lobby and lounge areas , and the firendly and professional service provided by the staff, makes it easy to relax and I did meet some friendly people ..... made some friends too. I did use the valet parking service and that worked well for my stay. The hotel does provide shuttle service which if free and very convenient when needed.

Room Tip: There is some outdoor construction, so avoid a room that could be noisy. The civic center is across...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette. I am so happy that you enjoyed the hotel and our wonderful staff members.

We are fortunate to be located across the street from the Peoria Civic Center. The Civic Center offers a wide range of concerts, Broadway shows and events. It is a fantastic venue.

I hope the you have the opportunity to stay with us again very soon.

Please enjoy your day.
Belleville, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

This hotel is a complete rip off. Who doesn't offer free internet access these days? Marriott, that's who. they attempt to bilk you of every dollar you have at every turn. $10 plus a tip for lethargic and apathetic Parking Valets, $10 for internet access which is completely out of line and ridiculous. EVERY hotel offers free Wi-Fi these days.
We stayed on the 8th floor. The room was really nice and clean, but it takes nearly ten whole minutes to receive hot water in the shower. There is no designated smoking area inside the hotel. One must stand outside in the rain and elements and face the street people if they wish to enjoy a smoke in the middle of the night. No pool, no Jacuzzi.
I would NOT encourage ANYONE to use this hotel unless you have more money than you know what to do with.

Room Tip: If you truly want a "Good Room" choose another hotel. But if you're stuck staying ther...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay. I do apologize that you did not enjoy your time at the hotel. The team and I take all guest comments seriously and use them to continuously improve our guests' experiences.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Marriott has done an excellent job with the Pere Marquette. As a historic building there are some things that cannot be change to protect the integrity of the building. Marriott and its architects selected the rights things to be changed, redesigned and re-engineered. Our room was modern, spacious, quiet, spotless and well stocked. Check in was efficient and welcoming. Staff displayed characteristic Marriott hosting with proper training. Every staff person I encountered treated me like a privileged guest. Breakfast was far more than a continental breakfast. Again, staff effiency with a human touch. I would stay here again in a heart beat but only come to Peoria once every 10years. And yes, the hotel can easily compete with upscale hotels in Chicago. It's not trying to be The Ritz. It is a very nice boutique hotel with a fun history!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for taking the time time to share your experience at the hotel. The team and I are very proud of the beautiful property that we have the privelege to work in everyday. We strive every day to offer excellent experiences to our guests. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us sooner than 10 years from now.

Please enjoy your day!
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The Pere Marquette by Marriott is an historic hotel (by U.S. standards) that has been gutted and totally renovated with a very modern décor.

The Room: My spacious room had a beautiful décor and very nice furniture. I loved the unique layout of the room. The room had a wing-back chair with ottoman and a large LG flat-screen TV. The mattress was great and provided a good night's sleep. With the room key card, you just touch it the disc of the door handle to the room; no need to insert in a slot and hope it works. You'll pay for the internet according to what I heard a desk clerk tell an inquiring guest.

Want a Quiet Room? The hotel is U-shaped. It doesn't get any better than the "41" tier. It's a corner room at the tip of the U but not on the street side. You'll have three windows and plenty of light.

Bring Your Own Supplies? I gave the hotel a 4-star rating; no good reason it shouldn't have had a five. Shortly after checking in, I noticed there were no bath towels or bath mat. I called the front desk and three bath towels were soon delivered with apologies. I overlooked this omission. Then before retiring for the night, I wanted to have a cup of coffee only to discover that the coffee maker was missing the pot. I alerted the front desk (didn't want them to think I stole it) but declined the offer to bring me one. With this omission I withdrew a star from the rating and also the gratuity for the housekeeper although I had guilt about these actions. In the morning I got in the shower only to discover they provided no shampoo. With this discovery my aforementioned guilt completely disappeared. Perhaps you should conduct an inventory upon checking in.

Dining: I didn't have dinner at the hotel although the menu looked acceptable but the wine a bit pricey. I had an EXCELLENT dinner at Jim's Steak House in the lower level of an office building a block from the hotel towards the river. It's a large, dark, richly appointed restaurant with a heavy masculine décor. The only glitch was unrolling my napkin containing the silverware upon arrival of my salad. Wouldn't you know it; it contained two knives but no forks. What is it Peoria with such a lack of attention to detail (see missing this and that at the hotel)?

Practicing Catholic? If you're a practicing Catholic staying on a Saturday night, there's a Catholic church in the same block as the hotel, Sacred Heart. Sunday Masses are at 6,8 and 10. I believe the Saturday vigil Mass is at 4:30 PM.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Laura L, General Manager at Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette. The team and I are very proud of the beautiful property that we are able to share with our guests.

I do apologize for the missing items in your guest room. I will work with our team to make sure that these types of issues do not occur in the future.

I hope that you will visit us again in the future and have the opportunity to dine in our restaurant, Table19. Our Chef offers an excellent array of menu items that our guests enjoy.

Laura L
Piracicaba, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is your typical Marriott, so not many surprises. Good thing is that rooms look renovated, and you don't have that terrible bath tub in the shower area. There could be a little more in terms of amenities (you have soap, shampoo and conditioner, that's all): toothbrush, shaving cream, etc. (similar to Ramada and other chains) could be available as well.
Breakfast is expensive (around $14 for a VERY limited buffet). It should be around $5 for what is on offer.
You have to pay for wifi in your room: approx $10/day. We are in 2013, and wifi should be free at hotels (lobby wifi is free). That is a major disadvantage. Or, at minimum, offer a cable internet for free.
Other than that, staff is very friendly. Kudos to them.
Obs.: if you want laundry done, don't just leave the bag with the clothes on your bed. You have to call someone to pick it up.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Laura L, General Manager at Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Good day,

Thank you for taking the time to send your review of your stay at the Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette Hotel. The team and I are always open to ways to improve our guests' experiences at the property.

The hotel re-opened after a beautiful and complete renovation and restoration of the historic Pere Marquette Hotel in June, 2013.

The team and I will continue to work dilligently to offer you and all of our guests beautiful accommodations and great service as we move into the future.

I do appreciate your time and hope that you will choose the Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette when traveling to Illinois in the future.
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Loved the Marriott Pere Marquette! Stayed overnight for my sons wedding. The hotel itself along with the rooms have been remodeled. Our room was very nice. The bed was plushy and comfy. Big flat screen tv. Coffee maker in the room. Plenty of room in the bathroom. My nephew did say his bathroom/room was tiny. They had a corner room. I would just make sure to request no corner room. The lobby area was very nice. Pretty chandeliers. They do have room service and a restaurant and lobby bar. Unfortunetely we did not eat from either. If you do not eat in the restaurant there are plenty of places to eat downtown within walking distance. Hoops Pizza is right across the street along with several other places. The location downtown is fabulous. They do not have a pool which was no big deal to us. The Pere also has a shuttle that will take you anywhere for free and pick you back up. You just have to call them. The shuttle runs til 2am on weekend. I would call to find out if same time throughout the week. We of course tipped them. You do have to pay to park. We did valet since we were on a time crunch trying to check in to then get to the reception. The husband paid for it so do not know price. You could bring your car in and out with valet as much as you like with no additional charge. Would recommend this hotel!!

Room Tip: Ask for no corner room. I hear they are tiny.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Laura L, General Manager at Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette Hotel. And an extra special thank you for hosting your son's wedding at the property. The team and I were thrilled to have had the opportunity to serve you and your guests.

We are very proud of the beautiful hotel and its renovations. I am so very happy that you enjoyed your weekend with us and hope to see you again in the future.

Please enjoy the rest of your day!

Been to Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette? Share your experiences!