“Good Japanese!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi
Miami Beach
“Good Japanese!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Visit Peoria often for work and this is the best Japanese place I have found. Always good experiences.

Visited August 2012

Peoria, Illinois, United States
“BEST EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

hands down wonderful, best sushi in IL!! rice is always great, fish is always fresh!.................................................................................

Visited September 2012
Peoria, Illinois
“Our Favorite Sushi Restaurant in Peoria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We have eaten at Sushigawa since moving to Peoria 7 years ago. We nearly had withdrawal when they closed for a few months when they moved to their new location just down the strip mall from their present location. Yes, there are other good sushi places in Peoria and some horrible places too. But Sushigawa is definitely our favorite. We do go for the service and Sue is our waitress whenever we go and she is there. I think Sue makes the food even better. The menu is somewhat limited, as has been mentioned in other reviews, but it covers everything we love. Is it as vast as those sushi places we have eaten in San Francisco, or Tokyo? No. But the fish is always fresh, the restaurant is always clean, and Sushigawa will remain our favorite sushi restaurant in Peoria!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington, Illinois
“My favorite sushi spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I have been going to Sushigawa since I moved to Peoria and this is my favorite place when I've got a craving for sushi. they have a nice location and the sushi is always very tasty. I've always had good service whether I have visited for lunch or dinner. It's pricey if you compare it to a burger joint or something, but you get what you pay for and I think it's worth it.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Groveland, Illinois
“Great fresh sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

I love Sushigawa. Fresh, attractive sushi. Delicious edamame and they have a wonderful salad with ginger dressing. The marinated veggies are good, too. I have been there too many times to count and it is always fantastic. I love the spicy tuna roll and the dynamite roll. The service has always been great, too.

Visited July 2011

Been to Sushigawa? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Sushigawa, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.