“Very nice hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Springfield, IL
“Very nice hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2007

We stayed for two nights over Christmas and were very pleased. Check-in and check-out were quick and easy. The staff were all very friendly.

We had a standard room which was of average size. It was very clean and the furnishings appeared to be new. The room was very quiet compared to many others we have stayed in. It had a small refrigerator and a coffee maker available. The beds were on the firm side, but comfortable.

The pool area is very nice-high ceiling with wood beams and several tables. Medium sized pool which was heated and very comfortable for December. Nice hot tub and a very small exercise area. Pool table in the corner.

There is a computer in the lobby area with internet available.

Nice breakfast area with a good selection of breakfast items offered; cereal, waffles, pastries, fruit, yogurt and juices.

There is a grocery store/pharmacy right next door and several restaurants nearby including Schlotzsky's Deli, Panera, Hardees, Subway, Avantis (Italian - try a gondola sub) and Starbucks.

Highly recommended.

• Liked — Clean and quiet.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Streator, Il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2007

We found this hotel on the web and just LOVED it! The rooms were spacious and very clean. The staff was so friendly. They really seen to care that you have a good stay and that is hard to find these days. If all AmericInn's are like this one, we've found a new chain!

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Our stay wasn't long enough!
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
Stanton, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2007

This hotel was first class and reasonably priced. The breakfast supplied was complete and the area clean. The staff was very friendly. We enjoyed the pool very much as it was very warm and you could get right in. If all of the AmericInns are like this one, I would stay at one again.

• Liked — Very warm pool
  • Stayed January 2007
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2006

Great hotel for business travelers. I wasn't sure what I was going to get beforehand since I usually stay at larger chains.

There's an easy check-in process but it's a manual check out at the front desk. The room was clean throughout the week that I stayed. It's also close by to a grocery store and a Panera (sandwiches). I would definitely stay here again should I return to Peoria on business.

• Liked — Cleaniness, easy access to restaurants
  • Disliked — The gym is ridiculously small!
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
Saint Pete Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2006

My hubby and I travel extensively for business, so we have stayed in many hotels. This was our first stay at an Americinn and we were pleasantly surprised. The beds were extremely comfotable and the pillows were big and fluffy. The linens had that smooth sheen that quality sheets have. The breakfast was great. We could not have asked for a more accommodating staff. I must mention that the rooms and entire hotel was immaculate during our week long stay. Kudos to Jan and staff!

• Liked — Cleanliness of facility
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything
  • Tips/Secrets — Trty a whirlpool suite!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2006

Very nice hotel! Everything looks new. Staff and management went above and beyond to make sure our stay was nice. Pillows are nice and fluffy, rooms were immaculately clean. Beds are very comfortable! Pool area is beautiful. I can't say enough about the AmericInn! It's now our hotel of choice.

• Stayed January 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2006

I checked into this hotel after a long day on the road... I walked into my room, and sat on my bed, and found the bed extremely uncomfortable… after taking both pillows from the second bed (the pillows are flat and hard), I turned on the TV only to find it did not work… I called the front desk telling them about it, and the front desk told me to unplug the TV and then plug it back in… I was skeptical, but I decided to do so… as I expected, it did not work… I asked for a new room and management said a functioning TV was not part of the agreement… after complaining over and over… I was placed in a suite (all of the regular rooms were occupied)… in the morning I found out I was charged the suite price!!! DO NOT EVER STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed January 2006

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Peoria? Share your experiences!