“Consistently good chain BBQ” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #60 of 346 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: Barbecue
USA
“Consistently good chain BBQ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Have been here many times and will be back. With one glaring exception service has been friendly and well done.

Portions are large bordering on huge. Brisket has always been fine with only once exception. The flash fried onion strings are delicious. I haven't ever tried the fish. This is mass produced chain food and is fine for that setting. Each table has a tray of 6 different BBQ sauces that are OK but a little unimaginative for my taste.

There is full bar service. They have most of the standard beers on tap and every so often have something interesting on rotation.

Weekdays they have a cheaper menu during the day.

There are several TVs in the bar area where food is also served. There is an open seating area for use in warmer weather. The inside can get crowded and noisy at times. The bar area has never been that way.

Personally, I think the BBQ is better at Hickory River across the street but for a full sit down meal I come here.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Peoria, Illinois, United States
“So much food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

My husband and I visited Famous Daves and ordered the platter for two. It was quick and delicious. It was a crazy amount of food. The roasted chicken was our favorite. The sides were tasty as well. Supposedly on Tuesday night two can eat for $19.99. That is a great deal! We enjoyed our dinner and our waitress Emily was very efficient as well.

“Not for the price conscience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

My wife headed to Dave's knowing we were going to have corn muffins. If you haven't been there that is the first thing I think about. As we started looking at the menu, we couldn't bring ourselves to pick the 13 to 15 fish pick. Our burger and fries were still over 10 each. Granted my burger was outstanding and so were my fries. Our waitress was friendly and attentive. We did have our corn muffins. Which are still outstanding. I think however that some budget meals could be incorporated like bandanas. It will be a while before we are back but good experience overall.

Peoria, Illinois
“Yummy, yummy ribs!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I like ribs and I never get to eat them enough. I ordered the ribs with burnt ends and really enjoyed the ribs. I enjoyed the burnt ends but they all looked the same like they were institutionalized, cut into the same squares.
They made a tasty sandwich on the texas toast with coleslaw.
The leftovers; beans with bacon, cornbread muffin and ribs were devoured by my kids at home.
We joined their eclub; P.I.G and will be back to try out their other offerings like pulled pork, brisket and chicken.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
LaGrange, Georgia
“Disgustingly disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

This one is 100% the most awful terrible tasting barbecuing food I have ever had. I do not understand what the hype is? I thought it was generic, watered-down, and not worth a dime

Visited November 2013