“Stay Here!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Chicago, IL
“Stay Here!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

My husband and I were in Peoria at the Civic Center for a conventiion and Staybridge is right across the street so he could walk everyday and not worry about parking. That is why I booked this hotel. But I was pleasantly suprprised when I arrrived. Check in was very quick and friendly and we were each given a bottle of water and full-size Hershey bar wrapped in cello with a ribbon. Sure beats those little mints on the bed. About 20 minutes after we were in our room we got a call from the front desk asking if the suite was okay and if we were getting settled in and then this person gave us her name and said she'd be on duty until 11 pm if we needed anything. Wow, a place that really cares about how I like their accomadations. The suite was a one bedroom so we had a room with a living area, desk & chair and a kitchen, everything but an oven and supplied with coffee, tea, sugar, salt & pepper as well as dish soap and paper towels. The bedroom was a seperate room with bath attached. Airconditioning was central with a thermostat, not those wall units. Extremely clean. And equipped with your choice of a regular pillow or feather pillows. Breakfast is free and it's a good one. Waffles, eggs, sausage, 3 different kinds of bread as well as bagels and english muffins. 4 kinds of cereal (name brand), 4 kinds of juice, coffee, milk, apples and bananas as well as cut up seasonal fruit. Even yogurt and hard boiled eggs. Breakfast room is very nice with tables and chairs (not those little ice cream parlor things) and sofas and chairs and a fireplace. Also a patio with table and chairs so you can eat outside in nice weather. They have a 24 hour mart in case you forget something and it also carries food items including frozen dinners. If you stay on Tues, Wed or Thurs there is a get together in the evening with free food. I can't judge this as we stayed on Sun and Mon. Also free wireless internet. This was not my husband's convention's hotel of choice, but we will stay here again next year when he has to be at the convention.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

While relocating to Peoria we stayed 30 days in a suite with our toddler and small dog. Staff was friendly. The buffet breakfast and happy hour food was good. Liked the gourmet coffee too (available all day). Room was clean. I found laundry and exercise facilities to always be available.

Only negatives for us were that the pool was not heated, no dvd player provided (VCR was and tapes can be rented) and housekeeping was scared of our 4.5 pound dog and didn't come back to finish the job.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Southeast Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

We stayed here two nights with our three young children while visiting friends outside of the city. It was nice and clean, great room (we had a king/suite) so we had plenty of room for the kids and the kitchen area came in handy. The breakfast was great; everyone was very friendly and helpful. I LOVEd the free laundry. I brough my own soap and had all my laundry done and packed before we left home. We even watched fireworks from our hotel room over the River. The pool was nice and clean and we do not have anything negative to say about this hotel!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2008

This is a great place to stay. The pool was nice and clean and the staff were very attentive. We stayed in a two bedroom suite with a living room. It is great for this purpose. The internet is free (unlike the Embassy Suites).

This is not a fancy, big lobby hotel, it is great for staying and has a nice business suite. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2008

We Loved this place! We had just had a horrible experience at another hotel in Peoria, then found this one and it was great! The lady at the front desk was so kind and helpful. The room was nice and big, we had a 1 br suite. Nice to have a big refridgerator to put our food in. 1 tv in the br for the kids to watch cartoons while we watched the race in the living room. We were going to a concert at the Civic Center and it was just right across the street. Breakfast buffet in the morning is free. Waffles, eggs, plus some other things. We will definetly stay here again if we are in town. Would recommend to others.

• Liked — the room was nice and big
  • Disliked — Had to drive a little ways to get to some food places, not too far though.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
Gilberts, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2007

We come down every September to attend the Pumpkin Festival in nearby Morton, IL. After a few years of staying in shabby hotels in Morton, we decided to seek out hotels in Peoria. Since we have kids we wanted a place to stretch out. I found the Staybridge Suites and decided to give them a try, and am I glad I did! The rooms are well appointed and spacious. The breakfasts are well worth the wait and you never leave hungry! The pool is very clean and it does not get too warm or humid in there as some pool areas have a tendancy to get. The common area is a nice area to relax in and play games at night. The staff was always attentive to our needs as well. It smelled like they just replaced the carpet in the hallways and stairwells, so it is nice to see money being invested in the property. So if you are looking for a nice hotel in Peoria, look no further than the Staybridge Suites!!

• Liked — Breakfast, Room
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2007

I have only positive things to say about our stay at the Staybridge Suites. My daughter had an interview at UIC in Peoria and based on trip adviser reviews we booked a room at the Staybridge Suites. Coming from California and flying into O'Hare we were concerned making all the arrangements and worried about possible weather delays since this was the middle of January. We caught the Peoria bus directly from O'Hare (again, thanks to trip advisor Forum). I called the hotel and within a few minutes a van picked us up.

The hotel is clean and modern and has a "home away from home" type atmosphere. We were immediately greeted by the front desk with "help yourself to some hot soup, beer wine, etc." Well after over 12 hours of traveling --don't mind if I do!

We then asked about places to eat dinner and got suggestions and complimentary shuttle service (I did not want to rent a car because being from California I'm unfamiliar with driving on icy roads.) We were taken to Aventis Italian restaurant, a nice dinner at very reasonable prices. We called for shuttle service back to the hotel and it arrived in a couple of minutes. "Joe" our shuttle driver gave us the "25cent" tour of Peoria. As a native, he showed us the highlights of the city and told us some of the history. We tried and tried to tip him but he adamantly refused. He was just genuinely a very gracious gentleman who was proud of his city.

Our room was spacious and comfortable and included a kitchenette. There was a queen bed and a sofa bed. We requested an extra blanket at midnight and one arrived within minutes.

The complimentary breakfast was as good as it gets. Fresh fruit, muffins, bagels, oatmeal, sausage, french toast links, coffee cake, yogurt, etc. Great coffee, juices and real ceramic cups, not those awful Styrofoam things! With snow on the ground and a fire in the fireplace my daughter commented that she felt like she was in a ski lodge.

They also offered to take and pick my daughter up for her interview. Knowing she would need to eat lunch before the interview (and no time to go out to a restaurant) I presented my dilemma to the front desk and given several options of local places that would deliver. I placed my order and 10 minutes later there was lunch at our door! This allowed my daughter to eat, relax and finish getting prepared for her interview.

Another bonus is that the whole hotel has complimentary wireless internet.

In short, I give my highest recommendations to this hotel. The staff could not be more genuinely helpful and accommodating and treated us like family the minute we walked through the doors.

• Liked — Extremely helpful staff, clean, modern accomocations
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Staybridge Suites Peoria Downtown? Share your experiences!