“Very good food, slow kitchen” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #64 of 352 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: (309) 691-3340 http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/257/1496807/restaurant/PV-II-Peoria
Peoria, IL
“Very good food, slow kitchen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

We arrived during the lunch hour; most tables were full. It took more than 45 minutes to get our salads. Good thing neither one of us was working that day! The pancetta sandwich was very good, prices were reasonable and our waitress was adequate. It wasn't her fault the kitchen was slow. There was so little dressing on my salad, I wasn't even sure there was any on it--next time I'll ask for the dressing on the side. Very nice atmosphere but rather noisy. We had a little trouble hearing each other.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

East Peoria, Illinois
“Okay restuarant, was disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

We went for Valentine's Day. We were seated right away, but that was the quickest thing. The rest of the meal was very slow. The raspberry salad was yummy: lettuce, white chocolate and craisins. I ordered the chicken lasagna. The portion was very small and not very warm. Presentation is lacking as well. My husband liked his meal, the rotello? but his was not very warm either. I really wasn't impressed. For the price I expected a lot higher quality and service.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Il
“Nice dining room, slow, leisurely meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

Signage is not real visible from the road, drove past the place the first time.
Got there at 630, it was not 1/2 full. Took two hours from entry to exit. We weren't in a hurry, but the delay for our first drinks was disappointing.
Calamari appetizer had very crispy crust, tender meat inside. Marinara needed more flavor.
Garlic herb bread was very herb intense and cheesy. We enjoyed the marinara on that.

two of our seafood dishes were not as flavorful as described, needed something. The guys enjoyed the veal and the pork dishes.
Loved the warm red colors and the background music.
I would go back if someone wanted to go, but would not suggest it on my own.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Peoria, IL
“Bad Food, Horrible service, Wouldn't go here again if drinks were free.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

Went with a group of about 8 for dinner. We had reservations, but there was an extra person. Most restaurants would say no problem & be greatful for the extra revenue but here they made a big deal out of it & was actually rude...btw, the restaurant was only half full all night.
We ordered drinks which took a while to arrive & then ordered dinner....over 1 1/2 hours later we still had not been served dinner..we asked about it several times but always was told the kitchen was busy & it would be right out...again, half the tables were empty. This was a total lie as we waited another 20 minutes to get food.
Drinks were constantly empty & we had to ask for our waitress to get them refilled.
After the long wait, no one even appoligized.

When the food arrived, it was marginal at best....small portions, and some of the dishes were almost cold..acoule of us discussed sending it back but we didn't have another hour to wait.
Even good service would not have made the meal better.

AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS!!

• Visited June 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Peoria
“Fairly good Italian”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

My husband and I went here after a co-worker recommended it. We went on a Saturday night without a reservation and snagged the last empty table (so I would make reservations for weekends!)

We were seated by the bar (not at it) which is sort of down a hallway from the main dining area, which is very small. They don't have a lot of places to sit overall. Our service was pretty slow. It took awhile to get our appetizer and food and for the check to come. We almost had to ask another waitress to get our bill for us because our waitress was nowhere to be found.

I got the lasagna and wasn't too impressed. It was very mushy and saucy for my liking. I would probably go back, but try something else.

Visited September 2011