“Excellent personnel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 23 hotels in Peoria
Santa Clarita, California
“Excellent personnel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We were very impressed by the hotel staff. Nicer people you won't find elsewhere. Everyone smiled when we came into the check-in area, and throughout our 5 day visit they were most happy to accommodate us with our requests. The hotel was spotless, the small library was warm and cozy, and the collection of books was surprisingly ample .We were upgraded to a 2-room suite. It was large and comfortable, but the furniture and décor are badly in need of an update. Breakfasts were good and of a good variety to choose from. In spite of the tired décor, this a great place to stay, and we will return to it again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Dayton, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Loved every aspect of this hotel (quietness, location, shuttle, breakfast, cleanliness...) EXCEPT on thing. I arrived on a Sunday evening (straight from church). I removed my earrings and placed them on the dresser to the right of the tv and never wore them again. On my way home 3 days later, I realized I never packed them away, nor did I recall seeing them when I thoroughly cleaned the room before I left. I am a former housekeeper and it is in my nature to strip down the beds, gather all linens & trash, and fold the blankets. I had the "Do Not Disturb" sign on my door for the ENTIRE stay. The only time I exited my room was at 9AM daily for breakfast, then again after 5 PM. I called the hotel when I got home. The manager was gone for the week and the 2 fill-ins were not in as well. I was told someone would call the next day. Still no word from anyone. I am convinced that the housekeeper, standing outside my door as I left for breakfast, went in my room long enough to swipe my earrings. Very disappointing as they were a special pair from my husband. Will never stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicole M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Peoria North, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have investigated your claim thoroughly and have found no evidence of theft on our property. Upon investigating the door entry records through our system the only entries into your room were by your own keys during the duration of your stay.

Again I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.

Nicole Murphy
Highland Park, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed for two nights, and the suite was clean, comfortable and quiet. The beds were very cozy, though they seemed a bit on the small side (we had a queen suite). The room was very large and we appreciated that there was a door between the two rooms of the suite.

The property was clean, the staff was pleasant and once inside our room, we never heard a sound from the hallway. The pool was small but clean and had the right temperature. The hot tub worked great. Breakfast was typical, and would have benefited from extra fruit choices.

The only complaint is from my 13-year old son, who said the fold-out sofa bed wasn't comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Lexi and Danielle at front desk were terrific. We are Gold Elite and our welcome gift was actually in our room with a nice welcome letter. I wish all the properties would remember to do this without us having to ask for it. They offered extra bottled water as needed. Cookies were out all the time, which is a Carlson Rezidor standard. The breakfast offered variety, it was hot, there was a great fruit salad and the oatmeal was cooked properly. Lately the oatmeal at other properties has been like soup. Even the weekend guests got to enjoy eggs, meat and breakfast potatoes at this wonderful property! Some recent hotels we were at said "we don't serve meat on weekends". Not sure why weekends guests would be punished. The pool and hot tub were clean and you could see the bottom! They offered a number of special touches- mints by the pillow, towels on chairs in pool, tasteful decor, a note with details about breakfast, the pool, and surrounding dining deals. Breakfast included the usual breads and cereals along with mini omelets, sausage, potatoes, Waffles with whip cream, string cheese, yogurt, hard boiled eggs and more. My only regret is that I can only score them 100% because they deserve 200%. We are away from home 30 to 50 nights a year so we know and recognize great services. We will definitely be back here! Oh, one more thing, I found No Dust ANYWHERE! LOVE IT. THANKS HOUSEKEEPING AND ALL THE STAFF

• Stayed September 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I've stayed just a few times at Country Inn & Suites and found them to be just a notch below Hampton, not a bad thing, but being a Hilton rewards member, I just tended to overlook this brand. My client set up at this property for one night and it was very nice. Quiet, clean, friendly, as others have described. One notable thing is the breakfast. While the food is typical buffet fare that you find everywhere, this place uses real plates, silverware and glassware! I'm so tired of eating with plastic and styrofoam. THeir scrambled eggs seemed real enough, not like those "egg pellets" that Hampton is serving now, which remind me of yellow dog chow.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our stay was perfect. No hassle, Great service. Nice pool for some fun with the kids. It met all our expectations and was as advertised. I plan on staying there again when visiting friends.
Thank You for friendly service crew!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The staff will go out of their way to help you in any way they can. The stay was excellent and their friendly smile and hospitality was just what I needed after a 4 hour drive.
They were willing to help me try to recover a package from UPS that was sent back to their stores - sending someone from the hotel to try to release it - this shows you how dedicated they are to meeting the guests needs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn & Suites Peoria North? Share your experiences!