“Much improved” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge and Suites

Econo Lodge and Suites
You added Econo Lodge and Suites to your Saves list
Econo Lodge and Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3240 N. Vandever Ave., Pekin, IL 61554 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Pekin
“Much improved”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I stayed there for one night in late august and was greeted by a very nice man whom I later found out is a new gm by the name of Jeff. He was very friendly and professional. Had a very nice stay. Passed on the morning breakfast..selection was abit small. Thought it was very nice the morning desk clerk seemed friendly and said good morning as soon as she seen me and ask me if all was ok with my stay.

• Stayed August 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Quad Cities
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

We stayed here due to the cost and location to the sports dome. Uncomfortable issues with group booking procedures and language barrier. Very rude! Upon checking in, went downhill from there. Lights in pool area were not turned on even when children were present. Allowed children of other guests to run the halls all hours of the night, but made the adults talking in lobby be quiet (we got shshd several times) during the noon hour. Many more issues as well. Have stayed here in the past and never had any issues. This hotel has now been "blacklisted" from our team.

• Stayed February 2011
Pekin, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

That's what we just did. Their rooms were filthy. I don't swim, and would never consider using a pool to a pet-friendly hotel. Now to the worst part about this hotel. Their beds are infested with fleas. You could literally feel them crawl across your legs. My roommate woke up with a tick. I tried to switch rooms and complained to the front desk, but their managerial skills are lacking due to the language barrier, and wouldn't give us two singles or any other room for that matter. We had checked into 7 rooms and 3 had problems with fleas.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

The place smelled like a mixture of cat urine and cigarette smoke throughout. Door locks broken, dirty, and not friendly. There was a pool but I would never consider getting in it. Obviously pet friendly.....according to the odor. Do yourself a favor and spend and extra 30 dollars to stay somewhere else. As frequent travelers we are changing Hotel brands.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

When I got my room, the door wouldn't open. Apparently, the last guest left the metal latch in the lock position. I tried explaining to the front desk person who was a foreign man. He thought the key wasn't working until I brought him down to look. Once inside, I saw a huge stain on the chair by the desk. The desk was sticky like someone spilled pop. The bathroom counter was cracked. Front desk woman was asking how I got so cheap of a rate when I checked out. She kept questioning me and said I should've been charged more. What a nightmare!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Pasadena
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

Room was decent and the bed was comfortable. Room was reasonably clean but not perfect. Breakfast was sparse. The owner/manager at the front desk is very hard to communicate with. The hotel is hard to find and he was not able to communicate directions to the hotel. Everyone in my group ended up with some form of spyware/adware/virus on their computer after using the free wireless internet.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

My family and I stayed here for 2 nights. It was a good hotel. The price was reasonable. Not five star but we didn't pay for 5 star. No better or worse than any other midprice chain hotel. The room was clean. The pool was clean also. We have an elderly dog and did not want to board him at a kennel. This hotel allowed pets which was a plus for us.The breakfast was the normal cereal, rolls, juice, etc. The staff was very friendly. I had read the bad review. We did not have any mold in our bath and our bed linens were fine. No complaints. We would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge and Suites? Share your experiences!