“Best motel experience for the money ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Paxton Inn Motel
980 West Ottawa Street, Paxton, IL 60957   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Paxton
GOODLETTSVILLE
“Best motel experience for the money ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

I went to Paxton to attend a graduation, I also grew up there and remember when the motel was built. 2 of my grown daughters needed a room for 1 night each and my wife and I stayed for 3. The rooms were perfectly clean, modern, roomy, and very home-like. I was extremely satisfied and I might add, suprised! I really didn't know what to expect and the rates were unreal. The owner patroled the perimiter of the building several times a day and night, the rooms were cleaned each day and service was outstanding. I wish I could find a 'Paxton Inn" everywhere I traveled. Beats Super 8, Days Inn, Motel 6, and the rest of them, hands down! Thanks for a great visit home!! (microwave & fridge also)

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reno, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2008

Nice, clean, reasonalbly priced rooms...... I'm putting this one on my route as I travel extensively.

• Liked — Clean, cozy rooms.......next to a good family restaurant.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
East Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2008

I have an elderly mother my husband and I vist on holidays and we need a place to stay other than her small apartment. We have stayed at this hotel several times and intend to do so on the next holiday. The manager who answers the telephone is kind, and the rooms are comfortable and clean. We will stay there again.

• Liked — Close to family, comfortable for the money
  • Disliked — NA
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
Chicago Suburbs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2008

A co-worker and I were traveling in bad weather and suddenly needed to stay overnight. The Paxton Inn staff was very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hagerstown, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2007

We stayed for two nights. Found the room clean and comfortable. The small refrigerator and the microwave oven were nice touches. The bathroom was quite clean in all respects and was cleaned before we returned for our second night. The price was very reasonable. Will certainly stay there again our next trip to Paxton.

• Liked — Absolutely no negatives and the price was right.
  • Disliked — Nothing comes to mind.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2007

After driving 15 hours we decided that we were too tired to continue and came across the Paxton Inn. To be honest, I was a little skeptical because of previous experiences of "non-chain" hotels. I was greated with a very warm welcome (at 1 a.m.) from a very friendly front desk clerk. She was very quick at getting us to our room. Once there, I was a little taken back because of the very "dated decor", but was very impressed with the cleanliness of the room. We got a great nights sleep and the next morning the same friendly smile greated us again upon check-out. We would definatly recommed this Inn to anyone and will be returning again. Thanks!

• Liked — cleanliness and service
  • Disliked — dated decor
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
Hoffman Estates, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2007

Coming from a long trip from Memphis to Chicago, we came across the Paxton Inn sign on the highway and decided to stay for the night. I was very pleased with the service as well as the cleaniness of the room we were given. Usually you find management who could care less if we had come, but here the manager (even though it was VERY late) welcomed us in with a smile. We will definitely keep this place in mind for our next trip! Thanks!

• Liked — Clean rooms and good customer service
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Paxton Inn Motel? Share your experiences!