“Never a disappointment” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery
Suburban Chicago
“Never a disappointment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Wally's food is always good. You order at a counter and then wait...sometimes up to 10 minutes or so...for your number to be called. But that's because the food is cooked to order, not sitting around on a steam table. There's not a lot of seating, but I've always found a spot. It appears most folks carry their orders out. I love the porkchop sandwich. If you want fries, be ready to split the order with one or two companions...the orders are huge! Be sure to take a close look at the sign out front. The "W" in Wally's is an upside-down McDonalds "M", and the colors are reversed. And Wally's is the exact opposite of McDonalds. Fresh food, made to order, great variety. No toys in your food.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

chicago
“Food great- not worth the wait”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

Watched 10 people behind me get food before mine. Think somehow they forgot. Bad first impression. No one cared when I complained either. Go figure. Also if business is good spend some money and update the place ugly

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Southern Illinois
“The Best for 40 Years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I had my first meal at Wally's about 40 years ago when I was in college and dating my future wife. Wally's was a "must have" every time we I was in the Park Ridge area. I remember once my father-in-law suggested that Thanksgiving would be a whole lot less work and more fun if we just bought entrees at Wally's (none-the-less, we had turkey). Now 40 years later I live 300 miles away, but whenever I have to travel to Chicago I try to make a trip to Park Ridge for the best gyros in the world. This past weekend my wife and I celebrated her birthday with our 3 sons, their wives and our nine grandchildren in the Chicagoland area and, yes, we took the whole crowd to Wally's! Wally's is much more than the fabulous gyros where the pita bread is stuffed with the gyros meat, tomatos and onions. The Italian beef is awesome, the Greek potatoes are wonderful....heck, I've never had anything bad there. Because I get to go there so infrequently, I almost always go with the gyros--it is my personal favorite. The only rub is that there aren't free refills on drinks, but that's a small price to pay for a great food experience.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good stop for burgers and fries on a Saturday night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

My wife and I are in Chicago for the weekend and just wanted something quick and tasty this Saturday night (think burgers). Wally's was worth the stop. I had the 1/2lb Wally burger and the Mrs. had a double quarter, and we both had fries. We're both moderately burger picky and we both enjoyed. The fries were excellent. About $15 total! The atmosphere was a step up from fast food with heavy wooden benches and tables and large screen TVs at both ends. Other patrons were eating ribs, chicken and gyros and it all looked and smelled delicious. Way to go, Wally's!

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago, Illinois
“Great ribs and very friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

!st time there. Was there on a Sunday night at 8pm, owner was still there. I asked what was good, I expected the usual answer, which was I recieved - "everything is good, all made fresh." I asked what was his best plate - he said the ribs. I took the suggestion and head them.
Came with a salad, fries and the full meaty slab. The flavor was great, great sauces, cooked perfect. Salad was good, fires done perfect.

There was about 8-10 other people in the restaurant. He knew a majority of the by first name. He asked about their kids, work etc. He spoke to me and seem very true when he spoke .

I will be back there when I am back in the area. Keep up the good work.

• Visited October 2011