“Annual Downstate Golf Outing / Board Meeting” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Oak Terrace

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pana
The Inn at Oak Terrace
You added The Inn at Oak Terrace to your Saves list
100 Beyers Lake Road, Pana, IL 62557   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Pana B&B and Inns
“Annual Downstate Golf Outing / Board Meeting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

For the past five years, my Association's Board of Directors has been meeting at Oak Terrace Resort. We schedule an informal golf outing and dinner at the Resort on the first day. Our group then stays overnight at the Resort, conducts a Board meeting the next morning and departs.

Resort meeting planners do a fine job scheduling this event each year, including working with me to make our event as productive and fun as possible. The staff at the pro shop are also very easy to work with -- and ensure that the Board members who want to golf have a nice experience. This year, the person working the check-in found me a room on another part of the property given that the main hotel was filled. Finally, the bartender and servers who help our during our reception and dinner are always extremely accommodating. A very nice bunch of folks.

We will return next year.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Saint Charles, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I recently stayed at Oak Terrace. I stayed in a hotel room connected to the banquet facility. The hotel was very clean and I noticed they had done some remodeling since my last visit. We were there for my nieces wedding. The banquet room has been painted and is more modern. Also the staff was great!

I would recommend this place to anyone. It is a diamond in the rough. I would have never guessed this would be hidden in Pana of all places. I have read some of the reviews below and I cannot believe what I am reading. I have never experienced any one of those issues. I have even met Mike the owner and he is fabulous.

I will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Well, I had to return to the Inn at Oak Terrace again for a family reunion (was there summer of 2012 as well). I can say that if they have made any upgrades in the last year I couldn't tell. It needs many renovations - from carpet, to the elevator, to sheets/pillows, to the pricing. I can't believe the rate per night on a weekend in the summer. How somewhere in the middle of Illinois can get away with it is beyond me. Rooms had stains and ripped carpeting. Internet only works in your room. No refrigerators in the rooms (for ~$150 a night, this would be expected). Pillows seemed like they were re-stuffed with old pillows. Sheets are not soft (almost scratchy). There are a few nice things. The activities building has a newer "gym/workout area", poker table, kids room, pool table and pool. Overall, if I didn't have to return here I would be happy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I and a group went to the Spa for a getaway and real estate tours back in April. What a horrible experience we ended up having. This place is outrageous, it sucks the money right out of your pocket. A lady on the phone who assisted booking this experience by the name of Katie tried to suggest things over the budget. Before booking this experience, it took us a good few tries to be able to get through to them to even book it. When we got there she rushes us through our paperwork and sends us down stairs. After booking this experience, she would call me over and over again to ask additional questions and confirmations. It was a headache, I just wanted to book my appointments and be left alone.

For services at the price they are, there are some things that need renovation:

1)The carpet at the Spa was absolutely a horrendous thing to look at, it's dirtier than the carpet at my children's Pediatricians office, where little kids puke and mess. I couldn't believe how outdated and doggy it looked. To be paying 100+ dollars for facials, you would think that they would fix something like that right away.

2)The robes in the lockers looked like they have been used since the 1980's. They were pink years ago when we came here, and are now old and white looking, more outdated and gross than a nursing homes.

3)For the prices of the facials, they just use Pevonia. I could go to Walmart and buy products for a fraction of the cent, and have the same type of facial experience I had at oak terrace.

We got a "Spa Lunch", a lousy salad and cookies for $15.00. You could go to a steakhouse or a really nice restaurant and get a better meal for a few dollars more, never again.

They are just a rich family, the owner drives an Escalade, that likes to take all of the money, and leave their precious resort outdated and un-kept. The owner brought my husband and I on a tour, and another couple that came with us on a separate one. We wanted to all go as a group, but was told by Mike it was to be couples only. That way they can mark out the fun, and try to sucker you into dropping all of your retirement into a lot, or a potential Villa that isn't worth a fraction of the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at the Inn at Oak Terrace summer of 2012 for a family reunion. This is the second time I have stayed here, the first being 10 years ago. The hotel itself is okay, but needs some renovations. They have added a newer activities building and outdoor pool. All of which is very nice (tv room, game room, workout area, shuffle board, etc). The main building needs work. The outdoor seating for the bar has rusting speakers that hardly work, the ceiling tiles in the reception room are stained, carpet could use replacing. I can't imagine anyone wanting to have a wedding reception there. It was very expensive for the middle of Illinois with the state of the hotel/resort. We did not play golf at this visit (we have in the past - nice course) and we did not use the spa (have also done this in the past - nice spa). There are no close restaurants, so you are forced to eat on site. Mulligans restaurant was nice - decent food for the price. Again, overall "nice" place, but too expensive for the location and upkeep of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

It's never a good thing when you do a google search for top things to do in Pana, IL and Pizza Hut comes up on the list, but Oak Terrace is a great place to visit.

I was there for a golf tournament and I definitely want to go back again. I stayed at the Inn and the room was spacious and clean. My daughter and her team stayed at the Villas and they were huge with a full kitchen, separate master bedroom with huge bath, large living area and a fully enclosed porch with a hot tub looking over the pond and lower level patios.

The golf course is challenging, the staff went out of their way to be accommodating and although I didn't eat in the restaurant, there is a large restaurant and bar area to enjoy also. Several people in our group used the spa and had great experiences there also.

Room Tip: Stay in the Villas - a little extra and it's a few blocks walk to the activities, but well worth...