“Overpriced. ” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Ottawa
USA
“Overpriced. ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I stayed for two nights and found this hotel to be OK. There was a sign that mentioned they are upgrading but until that happens you can expect well worn rooms that are clean but stained/worn. The stay included a minimal continental breakfast. The room had a refrigerator and microwave. It looked out over a cornfield so it was quiet at night.

Would I stay here again? Sure but not for more than $50, there just isn't enough going for it to compete with similar hotels that have been updated in the last 10 years.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
KULINPA, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our on line survey regarding your recent stay our hotel your feed back is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable exprience for each of our guest. We hope see you again soon

Pravin Panchal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Woke up this morning to find end table alive and crawling with hundreds of ants. Bathroom floor and walls covered with ants. From now on I will choose hotels I stay in with more scrutiny. Could not wait to get out of here. The price seemed fair when I checked in but I did not know I would be sharing
Room with so many critters. Put my glasses on and one ran across my lens.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
KULINPA, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
On behalf of Choice Property Hotels and as Property Manager first all I give my deepest apologies for the experience you had at my property. It saddened me that you had problem with exterminator in your room, Exterminator company inspect all room every month and required services.however this being brought to my attention I would like to correct this with you (guest) and regain your satisfaction and experience here at the hotel. Hopefully we can resolve issue in future stay.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Over all not a bad experience. Breakfast was like any other hotel breakfast with the muffins and waffle maker and juices. The rooms were clean and the room I was in smelled good, no smell at all. The bed wasn't horrible either. All in all for the 13 hours I was in Ottawa the hotel was worked out good. Now I'm not sure about the price because it was already taken care of by my company.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
KULINPA, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear, guest
Thank you for choosing Econo Lodge for your recent stay in Ottawa. we'd be grateful appreciated for your review on Trip Advisor. our guest often tell us how helpful it is.
Again thank you much
Midland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

After driving for many hours exausted to the limit and not wanting to travel further decided to get a room for the night, all of the Hotels were booked except Econo Lodge. When I first walked into the lobby noticed immediately cleanliness,colorful and very nice and professional front desk person.They were able to get me the room type requested with all amenities for my needs and at an affordable rate and got me check in immediately. The rooms were very nice & updated with flat screen TV's, just all around a very nice hotel. In the morning went down to have breakfast and was amazed at the amount of choices from belgian waffles,eggs,pastrys and much more. I rated this hotel because the hospitality and appearance was "GREAT." I would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel to everyone. Affordable,Clean & Great staff.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
KULINPA, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to write a review for our hotel. We all appreciate your review a lot. We hope to see you in the near future.
Midway, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

I couldn't believe it they would not honor choice privileges reservation they said it was wrong. We called Choice corporate and they said I was right but the the hotel said they don't care and they asked me to leave! They were rude, incredibly unprofessional and I will never ever stay there again I recommend highly to avoid this hotel with it's rude people and professional behavior. The are a very poor representative of the Choice Hotel chain

• Stayed October 2013
KULINPA, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
On behalf of Choice Property Hotels and as Property Manager first all I give my deepest apologies for the experience you had at my property. It saddened me that you had problem with reservations and we(Hotel) could not resolve that issue, however this being brought to my attention I would like to correct this with you (guest) and regain your satisfaction and experience here at the hotel. Hopefully we can resolve issue in future stay.
Great Neck, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I cannot believe this motel is comparably priced to the other motels in the area. It wouldn't bother me so much if we had paid $40 a night, but we had to pay twice that much for every night we spent in that dank, musty smelling room. We groaned in disgust every time we walked into it at the end of the day. No matter what setting we put the air conditioner on, we just couldn't get rid of that old mildewy smell. The bedding was old, drain in bathtub defective, toilet ran, Internet connection was either slow or not working at all most of the time, and the "swimming pool" was a cold greasy green puddle with NO towels in the rack. 3 feet deep--how does anyone get any exercise in that? I didn't see anyone else in the pool during the whole 10 days we stayed there. Breakfast had no fruit whatsoever.
There are a few little things that I will compliment about this place. The TV was nice, lots of channels and flat screen. There were hard boiled eggs that were pretty good every morning. Fridge and microwave in room was convenient for a few dinners. Shower pressure wasn't too bad. And there is a working washing machine and dryer in the motel.
The people who run this place need to LOWER the price if they're not going to completely renovate and improve their business.

Room Tip: There is no elevator--keep that in mind.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank You for your time and taking this review for us. We appreciate your feedback, for it better helps the hotel make a stay better for every guests stay. I looked into this matter and noticed first that your reservation was made through a third-party reservation center/agency (Expedia). Unfortunately these are problems hotels experience with third-party reservations, the rate that was quoted and reserved for this stay was offered through third-party bookings. For the air-conditioning and "dank, mildew" issue had it been brought to attention to FDC we would have arranged resolved A-C problem.
In future so these problems don't arise I would book all reservations through that particular hotel property or central reservations. Hopefully we can make a better experience & stay for you next time your in the area and we (hotel) will make it rite to earn that excellent stay experience.
Cadillac, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We chose this hotel over others in the area because it has a pool. We were very disappointed. It was very cold and the smallest hotel pool I have ever encountered. The room was clean and decent but nothing special.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!