“Very Clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Ottawa
Bourbonnais, Illinois
“Very Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We stayed one night and found the hotel to be very friendly and clean. The rooms were bigger then I expected for such a low price. We even had a whirlpool tub in the room. My only complaint was the water did not get hot enough for the tub (or shower).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen Z, General Manager at Super 8 Ottawa Starved Rock St Pk Area, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
My staff and I want to Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review concerning your overnight stay with us.I am glad that you found my staff to be friendly and the hotel to be clean. I am very proud to say that our Super 8 of Ottawa has been a Pride of Super 8 since we opened our doors 24 years ago.We are also the proud recipient of the award " Decades of Excellence for Customer Service and Cleaniness. I am so glad that you enjoyed the size of your room. I am sorry for the inconvenience of the temperature of the water, I was able to have that adjusted by our maintenance staff. Thank you for informing us of that matter. My staff and I look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Manhattan, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed over one night in the Super 8, taking into account the high tripadvisor rating this hotel received. It was easy to get to, and we had a very quick check in. However, we were met with an intensely strong odor that we couldn't immediately identify when we reached out floor, but it wasn't unlike the kind of smell you'd associate with a permanent marker or some sort of strong aerosol. It was POWERFUL and we had pounding headaches within 15 minutes of getting into our room, even with opening up our windows.

We got there early enough to duck out for part of the evening, hoping that leaving our window open would air out the strong smell. However, upon our return, it still smelled awful. At that point, we went downstairs and explained our situation to the night manager, Heather. She apologized profusely and explained that despite the hotel being a non-smoking building, one of the guests had decided they were above the rules and had been smoking in their room on our floor and stunk up the whole hallway. Whenever that happens, the maids have to run an ozone machine so the smell doesn't settle into the carpet. The hotel was completely full that night, so there wasn't any room we could move to. Heather found us a box fan to blow the air out of our room, and that helped a lot. Within an hour, everything seemed back to normal.

Our stay wasn't the best, but it certainly wasn't the hotel's fault. We have an unbelievably rude guest to thank for that. We appreciated how sympathetic and genuine Heather was, and we'd certainly return again, hopefully this time without someone smoking who shouldn't be.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen Z, General Manager at Super 8 Ottawa Starved Rock St Pk Area, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
I want to Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review concerning your overnight stay at our Super 8 of Ottawa, Illinois. First I have to apologize for the inconvenience that you had with the smell of your room.I want to Thank you for your understanding of the situation. I am so glad that Heather was able to help.and showed great customer service. I will defintily pass the compliment on to Heather. My staff and I look forward to having you stay with us again, we truly want you to enjoy your overnight stay with us.
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

enjoyed the tv, clean and quite room. Manager Karen is very good,polite and friendly. Iwill certanly recomond to friends

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Karen Z, General Manager at Super 8 Ottawa Starved Rock St Pk Area, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
i want to Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review. It is very important to my staff and I that our return guest are pleased with each and every time that you stay with us. Your feed back is very important to me, your information helps me to ensure that all our guest will have and enjoyable evening at our Super 8.
Wheaton, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

my wife and I were very pleased to stay at this super 8 motel apple very last minute, we were able to stay in a jacuzzi suite room, being that was are 16 wedding anniversary. The hotel next door to the west we received a discount that was supposed to have a free upgrade to a just jacuzzi suites, but we could not use due to a water heater not working.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for writing a review. My staff and I very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. My staff and I hope to see you again in the near future. Please call us directly at 815-434-2888 for your next reservation.
Midland, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Called into hotel to check rates and availability, was asked to hold by staff member at hotel was busy at moment,said fine no problem. After noticing that I wasn't put on hold listened for next 10min to front desk personnel joking,conversating to guest about everything in the wind except hotels info as well as conversation with another employee at hotel. By this time I was disgruntled and hung up & recalled hotel, front desk answered, asked if she had forgot me on the phone? She didn't know what I was talking about. She had then informed me she had just started her shift and was previous shift that answered my call. when asked for that name of employee it was given then asked to speak to manager and she informed me that person who took my call was "The Manager"! Needless to say I hung up phone and said to myself; between the two of these employee's (one a manager) being unprofessional I would sleep in my car before ever staying at this place.. If this is how management is and as well as that front desk personnel I could just imagine what else I would be instore for.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Ottawa Starved Rock St Pk Area? Share your experiences!