“Breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 178 Restaurants in Orland Park
Chicago, Illinois
“Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

My could things get any better ? But the Pancake house was the icing on the cake, the food and service was awsome.I will tell you this Orland Park is an excellent get away from the ordinary!!!

Visited July 2012

Orland Park, Illinois
“GERMAN PANCAKES”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I love their German Pancakes here. There is not a better place in Orland to get a Great Breakfast like this.

Visited May 2012
Memphis, TN
“Won't be back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

I was visiting Chicago for the Thanksgiving holiday and met up with a friend for breakfast. It was four of us total for breakfast on black friday. The service was decent, not fantastic, and the food was just ok (i.e., our turkey sausage was dry and overcooked). When we arrived at the restaurant, it was during the breakfast rush, but by the time we were done with our meal, the place had cleared out with several empty tables and booths in our area. That didn't seem to matter, because apparently they wanted to seat someone at our table. Instead of coming up to our table, asking how everything was, and if we needed anything else, the manager proceeded to continually walk past our table and then stand a couple feet away from us, staring us down. Who does that? By the time we left to go, they were so intent on turning over our table (again, no one was waiting, several tables/booths were empty), they almost ran us over to start bussing the table, and there wasn't even anyone at the register to ring us up. The Original Pancake House in Hyde Park is SOO much better, and I've never had any problem with service or food at that one. They probably have different owners, as I've never been treated like I was on Friday!

• Visited November 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hartland, MI
“The customer is never right. There are rules”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

Make sure you read the rules posted on the front door - there are many, all punitive. No, you can't sit there, even if there are many empty tables. No, you can't be seated until everyone is here, even if your husband is visible on the lot parking the car. No you can't have coffee in your own cup, even if you planned on buying the coffee to fill it. And if you ask for a different table (because the one where you are seated is at the entrance to the non-doored kitchen with staff yelling orders), watch where they seat you next. It's not about the customer, it's all about them and the rules, and they'll defend them to the death rather than just say, "I'm sorry you are having a bad experience. What can we do to make it better". Enough for me. I'll not be back - to this one or any of the others, either. I'll take my money and spend it on the small local cafe instead.

• Visited May 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Orland Park, Illinois
“Great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

Local spot, owners care about good service and food. Great coffee.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere