“Our Getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Champaign, Illinois
“Our Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed at the Essence Suites and Papa Joes is right next door. The food was very good and the service was as well.

Visited September 2012

79% Recommend
Highland Lake County, Indiana
“Average Italian”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Pasta is always bland but 2 for 1 tuesdays is nice. Great fresh, hot crusty bread with oil and parm Not sure why they give a 'relish tray' with more pasta when most people order it. pizza is ok.

Visited September 2012
Lockport, Illinois
“We have always loved the food and catering, but will NEVER return”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

We have always loved the food and catering at Papa Joe's, (especially two for one Tuesdays) but an unfortunate incident this past week with the owner has severed our patronage forever. An ad specified that two for one Tuesday was moved to Wednesday due to the the St. Valentines Day Holiday. We went in with ad in hand and when we inquired about the special we were told by the waitress she would need to check with the manager (who turned out to be the owner). He seemed very put off by the fact that we wanted to use the coupon, claiming that it was a misprint but he would reluctantly honor it. He kept reminding us that he did not have to honor it. Finally after prolonged badgering, I asked if he wanted us to leave, and he replied "Yes, I think I would". We left and will NEVER be back.

• Visited February 2012
lake villa, il
“Service was horrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

We had dinner there for NYE and we were lucky to get a second drink. The waitress was not friendly and when we finally got her attention, I asked her about a specialty drink and she didnt know the answer so she said she would find out. After waiting a while she finally comes back and answers my question and walks away. I had to call her back to order the drink . She took the order and walked away. I had to call her back AGAIN so my husband could order a drink. The worst service I have experienced in a long time. I did write to the restaurant to let them know and didnt get any response. Will NEVER go back and will make sure to let everyone else know not to go there.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Murphysboro, Illinois
“"What a pleasant surprise.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

I have been past this place a hundred times and would never have thought to go in. It doesn't look like much from the outside but it is a fooler. The place is huge with different levels, rooms and a huge bar. The food portions were very typical Italian ...huge and good. The service was good and all of the staff was very friendly and helpful. The egg plant parmesean was excellent!

• Visited December 2011