“Pleasant and relaxing stay at Comfort Inn Orland Park” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Orland Park
Davenport, IA
“Pleasant and relaxing stay at Comfort Inn Orland Park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I say this in the most positive way possible - I loved the 80's feel of this hotel! Guests are greeted by a revolving door and spiral staircase in the lobby... a rarity nowadays. Front desk staff had no problem moving me to another room when I requested for a change, since my original room smelled of smoke. The room was clean and in good condition. The TV was "old school" box-type, but it worked and I was able to enjoy HBO and cable. Breakfast was average and constantly replenished. Swimming pool was moderate-size (I could swim some decent laps!) and well-maintained, and so was the hot spa. Fitness center was surprisingly spacious - probably one of the biggest I've been to in a hotel, and yes the equipment reminded me of 25 years ago, but they were functional. Even the mini-arcade featured classic games! Check-out was quick and hassle free. Location was also very good - near restaurants, malls, theater.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Valerie D, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Orland Park, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments!! We are in the process of upgrading all of our rooms to flat screen televisions! I am glad you used many of our complimentary amenities and hope you will be back to visit soon!! We would love to be your retro 80's hotel spot anytime!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Charleston, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Stayed here two nights on business. The air conditioner was pretty much non-effective at cooling the room. Ten other guys that were with our group made the same comment. Thankfully it was cool enough outside that we could open our windows to cool the room quickly. Other than that, a nice place.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

The staff was very warm and welcoming, and the rooms were very comfortable and kept clean.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Valerie D, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Orland Park, responded to this review, April 14, 2012
Thank you for staying with us, I am glad you had a great stay and we look forward to seeing you soon :)
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

We were in the Chicago area for a week and needed a place in the southern area for two nights. After reading many reviews, including some on Hotels.com, we decided to stay here. It was very nice. Yes, the parking lot does need some work, but we didn't sleep on it. I found the room to be very large and it met all of our expectations. I would stay there again.

Also, the Zante lounge next door has some very good specials. $1.00 for a half pound burger on Wednesdays.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! I am glad you had a great time and we look forward to your next stay with us!
waukesha, wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Last Sunday night I stayed at this hotel while attending a very sad funeral. Everything about my experience with this hotel was professional and pleasant. The room was comfortable and clean with the exception of carpet stains. However, they can't be expected to change the carpeting everytime a guest is careles about their drinks.
Both beds were firm and very comfortable. The pillows were great, and I am a person who brings her own pillow. I would not have needed to do so this time. The bedding was clean and soft, not worn. There were also two comfortable chairs in the room as well as a wooden chair at the desk.
The bathroom was very clean, and the tub had safety grab rails which I really appreciated since mobility and balance are a bit of a problem for me.
I greatly appreciated that they let me check in and actually have access to my room three hours in advance since I had to be at the funeral home early. Actually, they assigned me a room at 10:00 AM when I called before leaving Milwaukee, Wisconsin. That assurance gave me the comfort of having one less thing to worry about considering this was such a short notice trip. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. Late in the evening the lady staffing the front desk even took a few minutes to talk with me about the funeral which I was attending. She listened and offered her condolences. I truly appreciated those few minutes. Her kindness will long be remembered.
The breakfast buffet was plentiful and had quite a variety from which to choose, including the Belgium waffle maker for fresh blueberry waffles. There was cheese and fresh fruits (melons, grapes, apples, oranges.) And of course, the usual varieties of breads, bagels, sweet rolls, chocolate covered doughnuts, and cereals. I truly was impressed with the lovely breakfast that was served. I didn't expect this level of quality.
While I didn't use their exercise room nor pool, I did pass right by the window to the work-out room several times since it was near my room. It had an impressive variety of machines. Much more than the few that I have seen in some other hotels. I could see there was an outdoor pool, but I couldn't see the indoor except on their website photos. This would be important to me if I were staying here for any reason other than a family funeral.

Room Tip: Room 107 was just great for me!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for your review and feed back! We hope to see you soon!
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

This hotel was very clean and comfortable - a good place to stay if all you need is a bed. The bedding was nice but the bathroom was showing quite a bit of wear - but still clean and serviceable. The continental breakfast was better than nothing, but lacked fruit or yogurt; the coffee was weak but plentiful. There's an indoor pool, but not much else to entertain you. No restaurant on site, but a bar/restaurant next door - Zante's. If you're looking for a servicable hotel in this area, the Comfort Inn is a good value and will serve you well.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

We booked a double room for two nights on line and I thought the price was reasonable. we had a clean room, easy check in and check out and a decent breakfast included. the fresh fruit was a little lacking but overall a good value.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Orland Park? Share your experiences!