“Great Spot” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Orland Park
Edwardsville
“Great Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed here for one night in early April. Easy to find about 2 miles north of I-80. Plenty of restaurants and bars within walking distance. Check in was easy. Used the exercise room which was pretty small, two treadmills and one elliptical type machine. I used the treadmill to run on and it worked great. TV in the room helped, as did a fan and towels. Manager's reception is held from 5-7pm. The night I was there the food was fried chicken, steamed vegetables and garlic mashed potatoes. All were delicious. Also they put out a case of Miller Lite bottle beer on ice. I'm sure whatever I worked off on the treadmill, I put back on with the chow and the beer. Room was good sized with a small kitchen, regular sized refrigerator and two burner stove. I didn't use the stove or check to see what utensils or glassware was available for use. The entire month's menu schedule for the manager's evening reception was posted on the refrigerator so you can plan on eating at the hotel or if you don't like what is served you can choose to eat out. Champps Sports grill is just across the parking lot and Rock Bottom Brewery is across Lagrange Road, which is a very busy street. I went to Champps for a while and the place was nice with many big screen tvs. Morning breakfast was better than most, scrambled eggs, fruit, juice, coffee and french toast. Warm food was warm and cold food was cold. Hotel has free parking and the area seems to be rather upscale and safe. Only drawback was my shower was ice cold in the morning. Ran it for 5 minutes and it only hinted at getting warm. The bathroom sink had hot water and plenty of it. Don't know what the issue was. Everyone getting ready in the morning at the same time or having my room on the 4th floor. Whatever, I would stay here again, especially for an extended stay. It was clean, the entire staff was friendly and the perks of free breakfast and good manager's evening reception were icing on the cake.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Country Club Hills Il
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

i was not impressed the kitchen features was a great the pool was too small. after I put the children to bed i wanted to relax and use the hot tub only to find tht it was locked. the attendant wouldn't accommodate me, and said oh wll you can come down at 6 in the morning. We were turned away from using the faculity Lifetime Fitness, which was part of the reason for staying at the Homewood Suites in Orland Park. I was not impressed.

Room Tip: I have had a better experience at the Hampton Inn suites
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've not only stayed at Homewood Suites but book many of our guests at this property.

The main reason is the quality of the rooms. They are great size, wood floors and great location. If you are looking in this area, this is the new standard.

The drawbacks are the limits of breakfast. We had a guest complain because it was not full service in which we picked them up and went across the street to Mimi's cafe.

Another drawback is there is not 24 hour room service. The workaround is, Round The Clock Cafe (24 Hours) and is located across the street.

A strength is its proximity to Lifetime Fitness, a world class gym. The hotel grants access to this gym and is first class. Classes, swimming pools, Sauna and it's own Spa.

The hotel is clean and the staff are beginning to recognize they are the best in the area, which is a good thing because they are trying to raise the standard.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I am from Chicago but live in Texas and I frequently go back home several times a year and this is always my go-to hotel in the south surburbs. There are not many nice hotels in Chicago's south surburbs and this one is really a diamond in the rough! Orland Park is still a nice community that has a nice mall, nearby stores and restaurants. And its only a 20 minute drive to the not so nice are that my family lives in. This hotel offers an indoor pool, a fitness center, full breakfast and dinner during the weekday! The lobby, lobby bathrooms, and rooms are pretty spacious and very clean. These rooms also have a full kitchen in them which is very convenient when you have leftover restaurant meals and are traveling with small children. Also, the rates are pretty comparable. Whenever I am not staying in downtown chicago, this is where I go! I am pretty picky when it comes to where I lay my head FYI....

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I enjoy staying at Homewood Suites, however, this stay was rather bad. My room was not cleaned and the microwave did not work. This was reported. The staff at the front desk was helpful and apologetic. I feel the housekeeping staff was not honest and this is disturbing, if they would give erroneous information about cleaning a room, makes me leary about leaving personal items in my room. Needless to stay I had a not so happy experience at this particular Homewood Suites.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Fenton, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is the 3rd time my family and I have have stayed at this property. Each stay is as great as the last. Both the complimentary breakfast and dinners are well prepared and surprisingly good. But Theresa at the front desk is the truly the reason that each stay is great. She always greets you with a kind word and a smile. She goes out of her way to make sure each guest feels welcome and is enjoying their stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed here with my family recently and found this hotel in great condition and a prime area for places to eat and shop. The hotel staff from the front desk to the breakfast staff was amazing and they went out of their way to help and make our stay enjoyable.

The room rates were fair considering the room size and all the amenities provided with the room. I would stay here again in the future. I did not use the pool or hot tub, but it looked inviting.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites Orland Park? Share your experiences!