“Great food and atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 178 Restaurants in Orland Park
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

My husband and I came for lunch and loved the food and beer choices. The empanadas and pork belly tacos were delicious. Great service. This was the first time we ever considered a Mexican restaurant to have a chef versus a cook.

Chicago
“Named perfectly!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

The service was very good as my wife does not like spicy food and the waiter did a great job directing her to choices that were perfect for her. I like spice and heat and managed to get both but was not overpowered by it. My wife really liked the house margarita, and I enjoyed the large selection of Mexican cervsas. The ambiance is relaxed Mexican cantina, and the tequila selection was vast! We've been back twice....

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Nice surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

The staff greeted us right away and were friendly the whole time. Well taken care of during our meal. Not your typical mexican restaurant with all the traditional decor. Its more of an industrial feel with wood and brick walls. Has a bar/sports bar theme with latin music playing. I had the veggie tacos. They tasted great but were very messy. My boyfriend had the steak burritio and enjoyed his meal also. We would come back.

Chicago, Illinois
“Third time not the charm”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

This was our third time at this restaurant. So, obviously the first two times were good. But this time, last time, not so much. When we arrived it was an hour and a half wait. Ok, it's a Saturday night, I give them my cell phone number (which I have done before) and go next door which is an Italian place owned by the same people. After an hour and a half we come back and they tell me they tried to call me twice. I received no calls but ok maybe they wrote my number down wrong. It happens. They say we can have the next available high top. Fine, I tell them, we will wait at the bar. We go ahead and wind up eating at the bar. I still don't hear our name even though I can see tables available. After we leave, two hours and forty minutes since we put our names in we get a call that they have a table ready. Really, I thought you said you called twice before but somehow the third time I actually got a call. No, thanks, we already ate and left.

Food is good and flavored margaritas are creative and tasty. However, I'm much more likely to return if you admit you made a mistake than if you lie to me. I hate being lied to.

Maybe the music is too loud and the reservation people can't hear. But there were three girls at the hostess stand so I would think one of them would have got it right in a timely manner.

Too bad, I really liked this restaurant but now it's left a bad taste.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Not sure what the hype is about ...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

We ate dinner at Mama Maria's on a Thursday evening. The place was crowded. Maybe the drinks are the attraction because the food is just average. We didn't have drinks. The service was quick and efficient but no need to return.

• Visited January 2014