“Late Night Good Eats ............” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #33 of 165 Restaurants in Orland Park
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Late Night Good Eats ............”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

We went to Famous Daves late Friday night because we got tired of the wait at Cooper Hawks. We were seated immediately and the waitress was extremely nice. I got the rib combo 1/2 slab baby back ribs & 1/2 slab st. Louis ribs. The baby back were spicy and much too salty. In addition, they seemed to be slightly burnt. The St. Louis were perfect not to fatty and very tender. The service was so good that I did not bother to complain about the saltiness of the baby back ribs. My sides were good as well: garlicky mash & string beans. My husband had the rib tips and loved them. He also had a Strawberry Margarita that he raved about. We both loved the corn muffins they are moist and slightly sweetened to perfection. Overall, I have eaten at Famous Daves multiple times for company events, family night, and a light out with the hubby. I would say if you love ribs like I do this is the place for you. Plenty of food and perfect seasoning. Note: if you like mustard potato salad I do not recommend the potato salad. It is a little bland for my taste.... Also, my husband thinks that the rib tips are just okay. Stick with the St. Louis ribs and you can't go wrong. If you do not eat pork they do have other items on the menuL: Chicken, fish, & shrimp.
Special thanks to our waitress Katie she was really really nice and upbeat. She offered reccomendations and told us about her favorites.

• Visited July 2011