“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oregon
Chateau Lodge
You added Chateau Lodge to your Saves list
1326 IL Route 2 North, Oregon, IL 6106   |
Schaumburg,Il
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

The manager was hard to understand. Too expensive for an old hard mattress that creaked and hard pillows. Reading light,poor. Bathtub was dirty and no grab bar. Floor needed dusted and mopped. Gum on a head board. No breakfast buffet offered, if there. Had to pay for snacks in room.Cute idea for room decor but need better lighting. Bathroom is very tight to move in. Good location, quiet.We will not be back!

Room Tip: Off the road. Quiet, Outdoor sitting area.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I have stayed at the Chateau Lodge for the past 2 yrs. in May when visiting family in the area. This year we stayed for 10 days. It is an old motel and nothing fancy but it's very clean and comfortable. I have back problems and found the beds comfortable. The rooms are fixed up cute and are kept very clean. The grounds are kept in top notch condition and have beautiful flowers blooming in the spring. A small fridge and microwave are provided so you don't have to eat out all the time or can heat up leftovers. The owners are very nice and dog friendly also. They even provided treats for the dog! Without a doubt though the thing that sets this motel apart from most others is the incredibly friendly, helpful owners/staff! They were so nice, letting us check in early and out late. It is a little difficult to understand them sometimes but they mange well. They were a pleasure to deal with...very friendly and accommodating! I read the claims by some that the place was dirty, had bugs and owners not nice. From my experience the past 2 yrs. nothing could be further from the truth. Both times the rooms were clean and the only bugs I saw were a few gnats or occasional month that got in with me when I came in the room at night. And as far as the owners not be accommodating, well that just doesn't even make sense to me...these people are some of the nicest people I've ever met, anywhere! I would not hesitate to recommend this motel to my friends and family. I enjoyed my stay and hope others will give it a try if in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Columbus, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Very friendly owners. We have been staying here for a number of years through other owners. I see where some say they are hard to understand, but they are getting better and better. Our place is always clean and our dog enjoys the treats. We have checked in late and checked in early and we have stayed past check-out time. (Last stay we lost our key and had to get them up at about mid-night and they were very gracious.

We will continue to come back.

Room Tip: They all have different themes. Because of the dog we always get a certain room.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

I chose the lodge because of the cost and its close proximity to the Black Hawk Statue. I kept an open mind because of its "Nifty-50s"-style motel building. I was given the Colonial Room, which had a kitschy, quilt-y decor, but wood flooring instead of scary carpeting (yay!!). The owners also supply benches outside the rooms for people who smoke, since it's not allowed in the rooms (double yay!!). Amenities included a microwave, coffee maker, mini fridge, cable TV and a rocking chair. The bed was comfortable, the shower worked well, but the A/C filter, however, might require more frequent cleaning. It is also a short walk across the road to a steak house. Since each room entrance has a porch light (and the river is only a few yards away), my only recommendation would be to bring some Deep Woods Off to spray the door screen to keep the gnats, mosquitos or no-see-ums from entering your room if you have to go out at night.

Room Tip: Rooms further away from the lodge office tend to be quieter. Less busy activity.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Impressed with how nice this hotel was. Our room was nice and clean. Had a nice fridge and microwave. I also enjoyed sitting outside and looking at Blackhawk. The people were very nice as well. We got there early and they let us check in. Many places will not do that. For the price,it was a great place to stay.When I am in Oregon to visit family, I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

I came to visit my sister in Oregon. At checking in at this "place", i had a very hard time understanding and communicating with the people in the office. Upon checking into my room, as soon as i opened the door there was a smell of mold, i was very unhappy. I then picked up the phone to call my sister to tell her about the mold smell, I look down on the table to see a bug crawl out from under the phone!!! I told her to come and get me that I am not staying here!!! I left and will never go back. I did not talk to the "manager" about it because I didnt want to go up and try to explain to him in english what happen. After describing the bug to my sister she said it was a "earwig!!!!" I learned my lesson, never again. My sister told me about the Paddle Wheel Inn Hotel across the street from this motel, so while I was there she took me to see it and the staff was very nice and pleasent. They have a beautiful little breakfast area that looks out onto the river. The staff also invited us to view the rooms, they were very, very nice. I am looking forward to my visit next year. I WILL be staying at the Paddle Wheel Inn for sure.

Room Tip: Bring bleach and bug spray
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Waupun, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

Small but Nice place to stay.I am an artist so decorated room(garden theme)attracted me.
located in nature surroundings of small hills,Rock river & greenery.From room's window,to see the Black Hawk statute is great experience.This place is neat & clean.
The owner is so helpful.Whenever I come to this area ,I will stay here.I will suggest my
friends & relatives this motel.

Room Tip: Room # 1 from there U can get view of Black Hawk statue.This room is bigger.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Chateau Lodge? Share your experiences!