“Fantastic!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Old Station Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hallatrow
The Old Station Inn
You added The Old Station Inn to your Saves list
Wells Road | Hallatrow, Hallatrow, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hallatrow B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for one night and had a brilliant time. The rooms were spacious, extremely comfortable and quiet. Debbie and staff were all very attentive and made it very welcoming. We enjoyed a few drinks in the bar before heading into the carriage restaurant for dinner. Staff were so attentive and food was absolutely amazing!! We would definitely recommend this to others and will be booking again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Sherborne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We booked this through Groupon and with friends, had an evening meal and one night's stay. The pub is great with loads of railway paraphernalia filling it to the beams and beyond. The beers on offer were excellent and service very friendly.

Then the railway carriage that has been attached to the rear of the pub and set up as a dining car added an extra dimension to the night. The tables and chairs are very comfortable and the food was outstanding - some of the best "pub" food ever and well worth the trip alone. There was good wine and the service was just as required - efficient and unobtrusive.

The rooms were a little basic but they were en-suite, had a bed and tea/coffee making facilities as well as an acceptable TV. There was no breakfast provided but after the meal the night before this was not a problem.

Would certainly go again.

Room Tip: The rooms closet to the main road were a little noisy by my rural standards but not too much of a pr...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Well what can I say, this is our second visit here and loved it yet again. I do believe its not only the quirkiness of this lovely place and the food which is fantastic and reasonable, but the owners and staff. Debbie is such a giggle (that's right my lovelies) and I cannot forget to mention Jen, Jen, Jen. :) great girl who remembered us from the first time round and not only does she give great service but has a fantastic personality. Will definitely be visiting again.

Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We recently attended the carriage to celebrate a family silver wedding anniversary however the length of time it took to receive our meal it could have well turned into a golden wedding celebration. We had booked our table early, selected our choices from the menu prior to attending and gave our choices to the business so they had prior notice.

Our table was booked for 7pm we arrived in plenty of time spent £40 on pre dinner drinks and had to request an ice bucket 4 times before we got one. We went through to the carriage and was served our starters reasonably on time however we waited an age for the plates to be cleared and at 8.20 we were still waiting for our main course and there was 3 children who did not want starters but had waiting nearly an hour and a half for food! People who had come in after us had received their starters and main courses before our party.

The carriage and the pub was full and the bookings for the carriage was in the book so the management knew exactly what business they had for that evening that was guaranteed and obviously need to take into account the passing trade they got in the pub. There was one member of staff behind the bar and two waitresses who appear to be run of the feet trying to cope with the number of customers.

If you are going to the Station for a meal I would suggest you fill up with something first to last you the duration of the very long wait you will have!

The chef/owner did not take the compalint seriously and kept telling us the delay was due to people still picking at the starters but as the plates were empty I am at a loss as to why he thinks we could be sit their eating food from empty plates! He would not give us a discount for the poor service or didn't even offer a complimentry bottle of wine as according to him he only makes 5% on all his food - I would question his mark up on a bottle of wine!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed last night, had a wonderful time! Food was excellent, bar staff were very friendly and made us feel very welcome and the room we stayed in was clean and cosy. We will definitely return :)

• Stayed August 2013
Farmborough, Bath,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My husband and I drove 15 minutes from our home for a meal one evening and I honestly wish we had been there before. We received a very warm welcome. We ate in the train carriage which I could take or leave, although the chairs were very comfortable which you don't find in all pubs. The service was excellent and the food was very very good with a good choice on the menu and it very reasonably priced. We will probably eat in the pub itself next time but we will definitely be going there again in the future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Third time here, amazing food great banter with the locals and good attentive service. just a shame this place is not nearer to me here cos I would be there for every special occastion imaginable. Would highly recommend to anyone who likes great food and friendly not stuffy staff. It also helps that Debbie is also welsh and as the sign above the bar says " I maybe not be perfect but Iam Welsh and that is close enough".
Can't wait to stay again, next time Nev has challenged me to crazy golf, look out mate I am practising!!!!
Well done all at the Old Station, you make us feel really special and can tell you all really care about our experience. Don't miss out on this hidden gem, you will not be disappointed !

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Old Station Inn? Share your experiences!