“Don' t wear white!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Airport Tavern

The Airport Tavern
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Felton
The Airport Tavern
You added The Airport Tavern to your Saves list
Bridgwater Road | Lulsgate, Felton BS40 9XA, England   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Felton B&B and Inns
South Wales
“Don' t wear white!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Been using this firm for many years purely for the convenience but ENOUGH is ENOUGH now.We Been using this firm for many years but now ENOUGH is ENOUGH .We cannot tolerate another trip in that filthy shed of a bus which always stinks of smoke.I ve seen better ones on a building site .The so called office has to be seen to be believed and it takes your breath away as you enter.
Clearly the owners take no pride in the image of their business as long as they are taking the money and I just dread to think what foreign visitors think .Such a contrast to the immaculate fresh smelling transfer buses in Spain.So shame on you Airport Tavern for treating your customers so shabilly (just like your facilities) It doesn't take a lot to be clean, does it? Anyway we'' re booking with a rival firm next time .Despite all the negative reviews you may still wish to use this company just to see the infamous bus but PLEASE please (my last tip).........DONT WEAR WHITE!!!!!!!!!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Helston, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The man in charge of the carpark was initially quite rude and then could not accept card payment as the machine was broken; we had to get cash from the restaurant so that we could pay him. When we arrived in the bar to check in the diary was at the wrong page so there was initial confusion and no record of our stay - we had to point out that the member of staff was looking at the wrong date! After going to bed as we had an early start in the morning we were disturbed by staff as our 'on-suite' room had been double booked and I think we were expected to move rooms - we did not! The only good thing was that at least the bedroom door lock worked. Noise from the bar and staff kept us awake until the early hours of the morning and then when we finally fell asleep a car alarm went off under the bedroom window which no-one was able to stop -one of the most dreadfull experiences ever and my dog had better treatment in the kennels. I am glad I did not leave a decent car in the very rough carpark.

Room Tip: Dont stay here!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Only wanted to stay 1 night as we were flying early morning but the noise coming from the bar was soloud we did not get any sleep at all and most of the noise was from the staff playing very loud music. I would not recommend this hotel but parking is safe but very untidy

• Stayed May 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I left my car there for only ten days upon my return it was parked outside the pub stunk inside and what was worst they clocked up 12 miles with out my consent to use my car this is meant to be a secure car park !!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU PAY FOR A SECURE CAR PARK AND THERE USEING YOUR CAR OR PARKING IT ELSWARE

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Swansea, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

left my car her on wed. 15 of may for 3 days very unprofessional dirty office unfriendly staff and tried to overcharge us from the price quoted. on return to the airport was picked up in a old smelly dirty scruffy van my a equally similar man who was constantly on his phone while driving.on getting to the carpark my car was blocked in by another, I reported this and the same guy just threw the other car keys at me and told me to move it! was I insured to do this, I think not. then booking into the hotel it was smelling dirty dingy and in need of total refurbishment. in the room the bed was broken the furniture was falling apart and bedding dirty. the tv didn't work and was from the 60's and the shared bathroom was full of mould and bathe scum, this was made worst by the constant smell of damp everywhere, we did not stay and decided to leave it was so bad

Room Tip: go somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Taunton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I used the car parking service at the Airport Tavern which is very close to Bristol airport between April 8th and 12th 2013.
On my return after a nice few days away my car was in the compound but in a different position to which i had left it , i was aware that they do move them if necessary to another location to free up room there, i asked how far they had moved it and they said over the road which was 40 metres away however it had a extra six miles on the clock as i had noted this down after watching several tv programes about cheap parking etc, they then said it was 3,1 miles away which is then 200 mtres short then when i asked where was the location they wouldnt say
On asking the guy behind the desk about these matters he wasnt rude he was rather blase as though he gets complaints all the time ,
Also the fuel had been siphoned by a few litres as i had topped up at the garage very close to the airport .
My concerns over this matter is if they are doing this with ex amount of cars each week how many litres of fuel are they getting from us also have they got the correct insurance to be even moving your cars from A to B

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Redruth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I must admit we were a bit sceptical when we arrived to find a very busy local pub, minus the cigarette smoke, this could have been the 1960s. However, when we gained attention the landlord was friendly and accommodating. Although it did seem strange to be dealing with the car separately to our accommodation and we did feel a little anxious as no one seemed to initially be expecting us, everything was sorted quite efficiently. Although there was an initial impression of 'Fred Carno's Army', everything did prove to be efficient and effective. Immediate pick-up, both to and from the airport, admittedly in a scruffy mini bus which stank of cigarettes, but we had no waiting around and our car was there waiting for us. From landing at 1.15 p.m. we were on the road home by 2.10 p.m. which was appreciated as we had a four hour drive ahead of us.
Staying the night again was like a time warp, no en suite and a hard wood door to our room, but everything was clean and comfortable. We had a delicious steak and chips in the bar, just like mum would make - proper chips. Reasonable bottle of wine too. No bottle of water to take up to our room as they do not sell them, but given a pint glass of water with ice which was more than sufficient.
From this experience, we will certainly stay again: convenient, reasonably priced overall, clean, efficient and friendly. Our rating is average because it is, for today, basic pub accommodation, in the 1960s, touring holidays with my parents, it would probably have been 'very good'.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Airport Tavern? Share your experiences!