“stop off on way to isle of arran” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Glaisnock Street, Cumnock KA18 1BP, Scotland   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cumnock
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“stop off on way to isle of arran”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Travelling up from Nottingham to Scotland on motor bike weather was horrible so my wife and I decided to break the journey by stopping off at the royal purely by chance.we could,nt have made a better choice,got rid of the leathers and hit the bar.in the evening we had a meal in the hotel resteraunt ,the meal and service were excellent. Room was spotless as I always check on top wardrobes for dust because that,s where I usually put the crash helmets, next morning had cracking breakfast then on the road again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert K, Owner at Royal Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is always great to get such fantastic feedback. Thank you for taking the time to write such lovely words, we will pass this on to the team at the Royal Hotel.

Proprietor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

stayed here for 1 night for a wedding close by and was very impressed. the room was very spacious and clean. i would have marked the hotel excellent if it wasnt for the poor shower but apart from that everything was fine. breakfast was very hot and tasty and the staff very pleasent.
would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert K, Owner at Royal Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Great Review! Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay at the Royal Hotel Cumnock, fantastic to hear you enjoyed your stay and would visit again!

Eindhoven
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

At arrival we received a double room instead of a booked (4 person) family room. As we were with three persons the reception quickly fixed this problem by giving us an extra room.
The rooms were nice and spacious with a large en-suite bathroom. The shower of this bathroom however had little water pressure.

WiFi should be available and showed as a network but all of us were unable to connect to it.
Breakfast was included, offering a wide range of dishes.

We also had dinner in the hotel the first night, whilst prices were low the food wasn't that special.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Robert K, Owner at Royal Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay at the Royal Hotel, we welcome all feedback and thank you for all your comments.

Aberdeen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed here for one night as a quick stop over. The room was spacious and clean. Dinner in the restaurant was a pleasant surprise and good value for money. Breakfast also good and served quickly. Staff all very pleasant. I have nothing negative to say, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Robert K, Owner at Royal Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2013

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed at the Royal for 3 nights. Our room was excellent with all the facilities you would want. The staff I found were really nice and friendly, making the stay a pleasure. The one downside to the Royal is the steep stairs to get to reception and this could be difficult for anyone with mobility problems. The Ayrshire breakfast was first class and the meal we had on our first night was good although my steak was average ( but I have had worse).
I also used the downstairs sports bar, bit rough and ready especially on the Saturday night, but then Cumnock is a bit rough & ready.
If I am in the area again I would choose the Royal as a place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert K, Owner at Royal Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay at the Royal Hotel, we welcome all feedback and take on board all comments. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and would visit again!

scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife and I had a meal here on a Friday night, when we arrived there was only 2 people in the restaurant at 7.30pm. We ordered, starter was nice,my wifes main was fine, I ordered a gammon steak with pineapple as stated on the menu,when it came there was no pineapple I mentioned this to the waitress, who said oh, and then disappeared, we assumed she had gone to check, she came back and said the had ran out, no apology, The gammon steak tasted a bit strange so I didn,t eat it, the onion rings were so hard when I tried to cut into them they skidded across the table, chips dry and soggy. The waitress collected our plates, my wife had left her chips and mines was hardly touched.
After we paid the bill, I said to the waitressess, seen no one is going to ask if we enjoyed our meal i will tell you shall I, and proceded to do so. All I got was an ok, not an apology of any kind.
We have visited all the other restaurants in this group and have found staff, food and service second to none, however, this was far from the case in this venue.
Badly let down by stanard of food and service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert K, Owner at Royal Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments, customer feedback is important to us. The Royal is known for its hearty delicious food and friendly staff, this review is unusual and has disappointed me greatly. I would like to apologise for your poor customer experience and am deeply sorry that you were so badly let down by the standard of food and service. Due to the uncommon nature of this complaint I would like to speak to you personally and investigate the matter further. Please email me on Robert@rad.ltd.uk, R. Kyle, Proprietor.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed here with friends on an overnight as part of a mini tour of southern Scotland.
Fantastic staff, nothing to much trouble for them , food menu extensive and evening meal was superb . breakfast was equally as good with the full Scottish breakfast the best we had on the tour
Beautiful large rooms , well fitted out with quality furniture and soft furnishings..
All in all a great experience.
Also check out the other hotels in this group,, equally as good . They offer fantastic Sunday to Thursday deals

Room Tip: Room 1 or 8 for a great experience