“Trip to Cumnock” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Co durham
“Trip to Cumnock”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Beautifully refurbished hotel, with a very stylish interior, pity about the view from the fron windows onto a run down street

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I have dined here several times in the past year and I have never been disappointed. The food is delicious, the staff are attentive and the surrounding are beautiful. Looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Only eaten here once. But the whole experience was just great. Had drinks in the bar area while reading the menu and soon after placing our order we where whisked off in to the restaurant. Food was excellent and so was the service. Will definitely be going back.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

This is a great place to eat in Cumnock and the surroundings are amazing.

I have eaten in the restaurant 3 times now and each time the food has been great with the best fish and chips ever tasted. The haggis / turnip and potatoes as a starter is just fabulous.

The staff serving are also very friendly and courteous especially the manager whose aim is to please all customers and does it very well.

The only criticism I have is that it is never very warm but maybe it's me.

I would definitely recommend this place and will certainly be going back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Strathaven
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I have dined here once (lunchtime) and the experience was excellent; well worth a return visit. Food and prices very good although rather a smaller menu than other places I have visited. Surroundings phenominal - obviously a large fortune has been spent on a recent renovation. Car parking very adequate.

Room Tip: Did not stay overnight
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Title sums it up...food, service and surroundings!! After a lovely meal we asked to see round the building - honeymoon suite was spectacular. Wishing I could have my wedding all over again as the dumfries arms would be the perfect location. Great staff, great food! Will definitely return.

• Stayed April 2012
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Please dont be fooled by the heading as I didn't actually get the chance to eat! My husband and I decided to lunch at the Dumfries Arms on 15/04/12, we arrived at 12.45 and ordered drinks, I specifically asked for no ice yet was given my drink with ice! My husband ordered mushrooms for a starter which were very average. For our mains I ordered Lasagne and my husband ordered Fish & Chips, when the order eventually arrived at 1.50 my lasagne had become Salmon! Our order had been taken incorrectly - resulting in a 20 min wait for my lasagne. At this point we were already late for visiting my elderly mother in hospital and I had no desire to eat on my own! The staff were very apologetic, which is expected but I did expect to eat on my visit! We have been dissapointed before on a visit to the Dumfries Arms therefore will not visit again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Dumfries Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!