“You will not get a good night's sleep” 1 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Oglesby
Buffalo Grove, United States
“You will not get a good night's sleep”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

The motel had No soundproofing. VERY BAD echo! The second floor hallway was open to the first floor lobby so noise from the first floor reception and gathering area echoed upstairs. Single paned windows made the noise from highway very loud. We rented two rooms, both on the second floor, and none of us got any sleep. The night employee tried to do her best to quiet the group that was socializing in the breakfast area, but with the noise coming up to the second floor, there was little she could do. The day employee at check out was very nice when she heard we had a terrible experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

oglesbybw, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Oglesby Inn, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Hello -

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay. I apologize you didn't get a good night's sleep. My staff and I take it very seriously when our guests are not satisfied and continually work to make improvements if they are needed.

I would be happy to discuss this matter further if you would like. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience. Again, I apologize for the issue you encountered and appreciate the feedback.

Thank you.

Sam Sankovich

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Jasper, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We wanted to visit the Starved Rock State Park and surrounding area and got a real good rate at the Best Western in Oglesby IL. The rooms were good and comfortable, but the location was the best. We were right on the interstate and 15 minutes away from the Starved Rock visitors center. The plus is that it is only about 15 minutes away from the towns of LaSalle and Ottawa, where there are other historic sights to enjoy. Restaurants in the area are of the Mom & Pop variety and are very good. Don't miss touring and eating at the Starved Rock Lodge.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I recently stayed at the hotel, and it was OK stay. The staff was cordial and quick and the pool was cute. However, someone next door was playing keyboard and the wall was so thin that I could hear the music (not very good music). I had to call the staff, after which the music stopped. The food was dissapointing as well. It was pretty amazing how flat the coffee, orange, and hot food were. However, the waffle and yogurt was good. Overall, a decent stay, but given it's price, I was expecting a little more.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Germantown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

This is the second time we've stayed at the Oglesby Inn the past two months. Both times we were particularly impressed with the quality of the breakfast. The hot food was cooked just right - done but not dried out - and there was plenty of food even though we ate close to the end of the breakfast period. Our room and the motel itself was quiet, clean, tidy and comfortable. The staff were all pleasant and helpful.

Wenatchee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Very rarely do I see my children and I truly expected to have more time with my new grandson and daughter-in-law; however, when requesting adjoining rooms, we were first booked on different floors, but finally placed on the same floor, but not adjoining. I was blessed with hearing another customer in the room that adjoined mine while I had to keep going into the hall and knocking whenever I wanted to spend time with my family. Plus, there was peeling wall paper and a hole in the wall in the room my son and his family finally ended up with. Then there was the $10 fee that never fell off my account which allegedly was an authorization fee. Totally not happy with this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

oglesbybw, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Oglesby Inn, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Hello -

Thank you so much for the feedback on your recent stay with us. First off, I want to apologize for mix-up with your rooms. With all guests, my staff and I do what we can to honor all requests.

The authorization of $10.00 was for incidentals and that should, indeed, come off your card shortly after check-out.

Again, I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations during your stay. I take all comments seriously and always discuss them with my staff.

If you would like to speak to me in more detail, it would be my pleasure.

Thank you for your time.

Sam Sankovich
Mabank, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We paid $71 after AAA discount +tax. I thought that was quite reasonable considering what a great hotel it was. The room was immaculately clean and smelled good. The AC cooled the room off quickly once adjusted. The bed had a new white duvet cover and the bedskirt looked brand new, still had the folding wrinkles from the bag. The pillows were excellent and the bed was very comfortable. There was a pool and hot tub-very clean. There was a hot and continental breakfast and my favorite French Vanilla creamer for coffee.
It is right off the highway and walking distance from a Family Buffet, Taco Bell, Kentucky Fried Chicken, and Subway, plus a coupla gas stations.
Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tuscola, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

The hotel is at a great location (close to Starved Rock State Park.) All the staff I encountered were professional and polite. Hotel was nicely decorated and clean. Breakfast presentation was excellent.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Oglesby Inn? Share your experiences!