As other reviewers have mentioned, this hotel is in a business & shopping district, just off the highway, which is convenient. There are restaurants just across the parking lot and shopping just across the street.
The hotel must have been recently remodeled based on what I read from
other reviews. The lobby was beautiful, the front desk staff was friendly, and the elevators were very nice and had granite walls (no more crumbling drywall).
Our room was on the top (7th) floor. Nice view of the Costco. :) The bed was comfortable, and the room was very nice and smelled fresh & clean. The bathrooms are beautiful! New fixtures, and great soaps & hair products! The body soap is a mint-oatmeal exfoliating bar and it smelled wonderful. Also, the towels were not the usual paper-thin, bleached beyond repair hotel towels. These towels were nice, thick, cream colored towels like you would have at home!
We stayed at this hotel on a Friday night, and when we checked out the next morning, I accidentally left a shirt and pair of pants in the room. I didn't realize this until Sunday, so I called to see if they by any chance had found my clothes, and kept them. They did! The staff put them in a bag and had them waiting at the front desk for me when I came back through town later that day.
I was very pleased with our stay and would recommend this hotel to others.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook Hotel Oakbrook Terrace
- Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook Hotel
- Chicago Oakbrook Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Oakbrook Terrace
- Oakbrook Terrace Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Chicago-Oak Brook Hotel represents the best of both worlds by offering an upscale stay, at a not so upscale price. The Holiday Inn is a premiere full service hotel and is ADA- and FEMA-approved. Our guests are provided with an experience not found anywhere else in the city. The hotel is centrally located off I-88 between I-294 and I-355 in the beautiful Oak Brook western suburb, nestled in the shopping and restaurant district. The hotel features complimentary shuttle service to all local corporate offices. The Holiday Inn Chicago-Oakbrook is centrally located for all Chicago corporate business. Nestled in the middle of the Chicago in the suburbs between Midway Airport and O`Hare Airport. The Holiday Inn Chicago-Oakbrook hotel is the best choice for lodging when working with companies alike: IBM, Com Ed, Crowe Horwath, Inland Real Estate, McDonalds, Perkin Elmer, Sara Lee, Joint Commission, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Mid America Plaza Businesses and many more in the Oakbrook, Lombard and Oakbrook Terrace Area. Our meeting rooms also come complete with audio-visual equipment. Cattails Restaurant and Lounge showcases an extensive menu, as well as a comprehensive daily hot breakfast selection, in a cool and comfortable atmosphere. All 217 beautiful decorated rooms are appointed with everything required to ensure your stay will be an enjoyable experience which includes complimentary high-speed Internet access! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.