“Pleasant surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago
“Pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

This is definitely an older property that has been updated. The hallway on our floor reminded me of "Being John Malkovich" because the ceiling was so low. The room was small but very nice. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our stay included breakfast in the Cat Tails Restaurant on the 1st floor and it was a nice buffet with a good selection. We were looking forward to spending time in the pool and even though it is small, it was clean and kept at a perfect temperature. The hot tub was great too. What impressed me the most is that every hour, maintenance came in and checked on the pool and hot tub and checked the chlorine levels several times. There were plenty of towels too. My only complaint is that I prefer a a completely dark room and the heavier drapes did not cover the windows completely and the outside flood lights shone on the ceiling of our room through the sheers.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

Our group was in the area enjoying a hobby for a few days. The staff was most accommodating and especially a nice young woman at the front desk with a french accent. This is not your typical Holiday Inn. I got the feeling I was staying in a four or five star hotel. The weight room and pool area was immaculate. The rooms were very clean and quiet. The location was very convenient to shopping and nice restaurants. If ever in the Chicago area again, I will go out of my way to stay at this Holiday Inn in Oakbrook.
You can't go wrong here.

• Stayed March 2010
musitraveler
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2010

Earlier negative reviews on this hotel may have been warranted at the time, but I wonder if the hotel is under new management. I found the hotel to be extremely clean, staff very friendly and accommodating, and the combination of price versus amenities provided was the best I could find in the vicinity of Elmhurst.

The hotel is located on a busy, retail-heavy street. It was easy to find and to access, and is located two doors from a Giordano's Pizza and short walks to a couple of sandwich shops. The staff at the front desk was friendly and helpful. I was there with a group, and our rooms were all very clean and well kept, perhaps recently remodeled. My room had a fantastic shower, and my only minor complaint was the room's heater/fan that would shut off completely and come back on periodically (rather than a constant fan with periodic heat triggered by the thermostat). A member of the service staff saw me walking the corridor with my ice bucket and offered to get the ice for me (since the machine was located on a different floor). There was a heated indoor pool and jacuzzi, and though I did not use it I noticed that it was busy, used by other guests.

I will definitely plan to come to back to this hotel if my work brings me back to this area, and I would recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2010

We had a one day meeting/buying event and this hotel continues to work with us on all phases of the event in a professional manner.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

We were a little nervous about this place, since there were a few unfavorable reviews, but the price was right and we decided to give it a try. We had to call a few days in advance to check on a few things 1) our flight got in at 1am: service rep said no problem and offered us a free shuttle ride (we were shocked); 2) we needed a fridge in the room for homemade fudge for family christmas gifts: service rep said no problem and that it was offered at no charge; 3) we had to check on internet service since we would both be working remotely: again we were told they offered we-fi at no extra charge. After the call we were feeling pretty good about where we were staying.
Once we got to the hotel (we were 3 hours late because of a rental car line) there was soembody there at 4 am to help us promptly and with a smile, check in was a breeze and the desk clerk was able to help us find a 24-hour market to get a few necessities for the morning.
Our room was clean the bed was comfy (we needed it by that time)! It was so comfy I think we ended up sleeping in much later than normal everyday of our one week stay. We had a nice desk area with a very comfortable office chair, since we both had to get a little work done while we were there the desk area was invaluable and so was the free wi-fi. The location is hard to beat (I'm not from the Chicago area, but my fiancee is and everywhere we needed to be was VERY close and we were able to get some great christmas shopping done!
The pool area was very nice, clean and very quiet. I used the workout room, the treadmills seem top of the line and run like a dream. We ordered room service once, it was prompt and tasty.
We had one small issue that we talked to the front desk clerk about and we were truely amazed at the service we received, they jumped through hoops to be sure that we were comfortable and went waaaaay above and beyone what we had expected. I really can't say enough wonderful things about the service folks here, I don't think I've ever been to a hotel that was so concerned about my comfort.
I would stay here again in a heartbeat, this is where we will be the next time we see family in the area.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2009

Stayed long term at this Holiday Inn so my evaluation of this hotel should be insightful. First and foremost, the staff at the hotel is extremely courteous and friendly. Second the general manager and manager for this location have been quite accommodating. Their warm personality and helpfulness is still very much appreciated today. I found the rates very affordable, yet quite competitive compared to other hotels in the area. Havent tried the food there because of the locality of other superb dining options. The swimming pool and jacuzzi were great. Liked the gym room a lot there,even though it was a small gym. If you are a traveller staying either staying short term or long term, you can appreciate great service, competitive rates, and a pleasant stay at the Holiday Inn Oakbrook Terrace.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Bolingbrook, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2009

I was asked to host a business meetings in the Chicago Metro area, and at the same time keep the price resonable. After a through search, it didnt look very promising for the "price resonable option". Until I came accross this Holiday Inn. They worked with me and had everything set up the way we had arranged. At, the last minute we needed to make some additional requests. The staff and management did not bat an eye and the adjustments were completed quickly. The place was spotless, and the attendees had several good things to say about the facility.

The staff and managment could not have been more helpful and efficent. To say the least, anytime I need to host a business meeting in this area, this is gonna be where it takes place.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook? Share your experiences!