“Great Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Weekend Savings!
Colorado
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

We were a little nervous about this place, since there were a few unfavorable reviews, but the price was right and we decided to give it a try. We had to call a few days in advance to check on a few things 1) our flight got in at 1am: service rep said no problem and offered us a free shuttle ride (we were shocked); 2) we needed a fridge in the room for homemade fudge for family christmas gifts: service rep said no problem and that it was offered at no charge; 3) we had to check on internet service since we would both be working remotely: again we were told they offered we-fi at no extra charge. After the call we were feeling pretty good about where we were staying.
Once we got to the hotel (we were 3 hours late because of a rental car line) there was soembody there at 4 am to help us promptly and with a smile, check in was a breeze and the desk clerk was able to help us find a 24-hour market to get a few necessities for the morning.
Our room was clean the bed was comfy (we needed it by that time)! It was so comfy I think we ended up sleeping in much later than normal everyday of our one week stay. We had a nice desk area with a very comfortable office chair, since we both had to get a little work done while we were there the desk area was invaluable and so was the free wi-fi. The location is hard to beat (I'm not from the Chicago area, but my fiancee is and everywhere we needed to be was VERY close and we were able to get some great christmas shopping done!
The pool area was very nice, clean and very quiet. I used the workout room, the treadmills seem top of the line and run like a dream. We ordered room service once, it was prompt and tasty.
We had one small issue that we talked to the front desk clerk about and we were truely amazed at the service we received, they jumped through hoops to be sure that we were comfortable and went waaaaay above and beyone what we had expected. I really can't say enough wonderful things about the service folks here, I don't think I've ever been to a hotel that was so concerned about my comfort.
I would stay here again in a heartbeat, this is where we will be the next time we see family in the area.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2009

Stayed long term at this Holiday Inn so my evaluation of this hotel should be insightful. First and foremost, the staff at the hotel is extremely courteous and friendly. Second the general manager and manager for this location have been quite accommodating. Their warm personality and helpfulness is still very much appreciated today. I found the rates very affordable, yet quite competitive compared to other hotels in the area. Havent tried the food there because of the locality of other superb dining options. The swimming pool and jacuzzi were great. Liked the gym room a lot there,even though it was a small gym. If you are a traveller staying either staying short term or long term, you can appreciate great service, competitive rates, and a pleasant stay at the Holiday Inn Oakbrook Terrace.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Bolingbrook, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2009

I was asked to host a business meetings in the Chicago Metro area, and at the same time keep the price resonable. After a through search, it didnt look very promising for the "price resonable option". Until I came accross this Holiday Inn. They worked with me and had everything set up the way we had arranged. At, the last minute we needed to make some additional requests. The staff and management did not bat an eye and the adjustments were completed quickly. The place was spotless, and the attendees had several good things to say about the facility.

The staff and managment could not have been more helpful and efficent. To say the least, anytime I need to host a business meeting in this area, this is gonna be where it takes place.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2009

Stayed 3 nights at this hotel during a recent business trip. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. The breakfast buffet was a nice surprise and certainly much better than you get at most hotels. Tasty snacks were also provided in the bar area (nachos, cheese sticks). However, the best part of the stay was the service. We did not have rental vehicles. The GM (Tyler) and his staff dropped us off and picked us up anywhere we needed or wanted to go. You don't get that service just anywhere. They ensured we were where we needed to be when we needed to be there. Even took us to a restaurant for dinner and when we were finished, we called and they came back and picked us up. Don't believe the old reviews. I still cannot believe the service we received. I highly recommend this hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2009

it was a nice stay..comfortable room and good parking space, but have to give toll to reach downtown

Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Equality, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

Stayed two nights and had a very quiet, clean and comfortable room. The heating unit was different than my home, could be because I was not at home. I travel all over the world and have stayed in many fine hotels. This is a first rate place, I stopped the manager to tell him how nice the breakfast buffet was (a bargain at $11) he said there was new management and working hard to make the place better. Reading some of the other reviews I must say it was not the place I was at. It was first rate. ALSO free shuttle to O'Hare OR Midway.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
chicago, il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

I stayed here with my 2 children after one long day of shopping in Oak Brook. The suite we stayed in was so comfortable, the bed was awesome! Lots of pillows and sparkling white bedding. The room was very clean. As I worked out (all equipment was clean and in good working order), I was watching my children swim in the pool which was very clean. The staff was very friendly. I will definitely go back and I highly recommend this Holiday Inn.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook? Share your experiences!