“Terrible Parking!” 2 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Willow Springs
“Terrible Parking!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Don't go here on a weekend! There is no parking. They have a very busy bar and if you do not have a parking spot before nine o'clock, you may not get one! They do not care about it, either. Of course, when you complain at night, there is no manager. I was very disappointed and will never go back. How can I say anything else good about my two nights there?!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Anthony Q, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Thomas0516,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review based on your recent stay with us. We take all comments seriously whether they are good or bad. We are very sorry that you had to deal with very limited parking. We do share our lot with Bar Louie and unfortunately when they get busy they take up a lof of our spots.

We hope you will still consider us for your future needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Bloomington-Normal, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Booked the hotel through Priceline for a one night stay with my teenage kid for a competition event nearby by. Stayed at this hotel before and was satisfied with no issues. This time is totally different. The stay itself was fine. However I realized that I accidentally left my laptop charger in the room after getting home and called the hotel immediately. I was asked to leave a message to housekeeping since it was after 4pm. I did but not hearing anything back the next day. I called again during business hours (9am-4pm) but told by the front desk to call after 4pm. Conflicted by that, I asked them to check with housekeeping to see if there is a log of my charger. Was surprised to hear that there was nothing left in my room. I am 100% sure I left it in the room and remember exactly where I left it. The front desk offered no help and refused to help in any way. I asked to speak with the management and asked for the front desk personnel's name since she was very rude and she refused to give it to me. Connected to the management and she did help me by telling me they went to the room and checked and there was nothing there. She did take down my name and said that they will be giving me a call again if they find it. I thanked her and said that I will also double check at home to see if I might've misplaced it. Again, by this point, I know that someone on their side is not telling the truth. I only stayed one short night and I never took the laptop out again from checking out the hotel to getting home. I called again this morning and spoke to front desk management and all he said was they don't know what to say or do. Not ever a courtesy to offer compensating me for replacing the charger which is about $16-$20. Will not stay at this hotel ever again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Wha035,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent hotel stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed the stay while you were here. Regarding the laptop charger I don't know who gave you the runaround but our staff did their best to try and find your equipment. I was told about the situation, checked with lost and found, and called and told you that nothing was found. Our staff did what they have been trained to do.

Again, thank you for your stay.
Fishers, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

the rooms are very comfortable . But the hotel have a busy bar with limited parking . Both nights when i came back after visiting friends late in the night . Not a single parking spot could be found . One one night i waited almost 20 minutes for some one to leave before i can park .

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Anthony Q, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Ubaidullah S,

Thank you for letting us know how your stay recent stay with us went. We appreciate your feedback and taking the time to post it. We are glad you enjoyed the good comfortable rooms. We are, unfortunately, sorry that you had to wait to find parking. We wish we could have changed the parking situation for you. Thank you though for expressing your concern.

We do hope you will give us another try shall you need a room(s) in our area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

The banquet/catering manager was great. The rooms are bright and tastefully decorated. The hotel is kept up well and leaves a good impression. The staff was very helpful. Food was worth showing up for alone. Delicious!

• Stayed March 2014
Anthony Q, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Speakingroadwarrior,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback. We are glad you had enjoyed your experience at our hotel and thought our banquet/catering manager and staff were helpful. We love helping all of our guests and it was our pleasure helping and hosting you.

We hope we get to host you again soon with our helpful staff.
Wheaton, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

This hotel needs to be closed. Will never stay here again. The general manager have issue. Dirty rooms. This hotel do not care about they customers . I am a platinum Rewards member . And still was treated badly. Don't waste your time or money, staying at the holiday inn. They doors don't lock at night. The 2nd floor smells like smoke soon as you get off the elevator .

• Stayed January 2014
Anthony Q, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear DrSean29,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel with us. We value your feedback and appreciate you taking the time to give us your thoughts. We are sorry that you had a poor experience at our hotel. With you being a platinum member we are even more embarrased that we could not fulfill your expectations. We have addressed your concerns over the smoking smell on the 2nd floor and the dirty rooms. We specialize in our great customer service and we are saddened that you didn't experience that. We are working diligently on everything you commented on to better our hotel.

We do hope you choose to come back to our hotel as we want to show you we can do a much better job next time.
Oak Park, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this hotel Dec 31st 2013 till January 1st 2014. A big fight had broke out in the lobby on January 1st 2014 and the blame was placed on my family. We had nothing to do with this altercation but blame was placed on my family and I and we were told to leave the hotel. We could not even complete our stay there. I would not recommend this hotel because the rooms are not kept up like it is suppose to be and the general manager has poor customer service; I won't even forget to mention that he had put his hands on my mother telling her that she would have to leave the premises. We also had children in the group and we had to leave the hotel in the middle of the night while it was terribly cold outside and snowing. I am warning about this hotel. If possible, please choose another hotel to stay at. It is not worth the pain and suffering that I had endured.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear TrimaineW,

Thank you for submitting a review about your stay you had with us over New Years Eve. We appreciate your feedback and use it to better our hotel. We are deeply sorry that you felt our customer service and rooms were not good. We pride ourselves on our clean hotel and great customer service. Unfortunately, your expectations were not fulfilled and we are not happy that they were not.

We are always looking to improve our hotel so again thank you for comments as they will help our company and hotel grow.
TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We booked two rooms thru Priceline and were pleasantly surprised by the updated rooms / bathrooms. Comfortable beds, quality linen, plenty of TV channels, Nice showerheads and very clean. Best part was the staff, very hospitable and accommodating. Our special thanks to Ghino, Hector and Mirza for being so attentive to our needs. Breakfast was good, plenty of free parking. The business center computers could use updating. And for light sleepers, request a room on the back side of the hotel since the front faces a major street. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Request the back side if you are a light sleeper.