I have stayed there a few times only because of Priceline and getting that on a 3 star bid. This particular review is due to Sept 2013 when I stayed two nights. I had dinner with a client and became sick after eating their meatballs. I did call them the next morning just to avoid anyone else becoming ill as well. She said she was sorry and that was it. This was not the problem.
I check my statement a couple weelks later to find the hotel charged me a bar bill. I called and waited another two weeks for a call back, or simply to remove the charge. I call again, disppointed, mid Oct..talked to manager who gave me the bookkeeper. He was rude and accused me of buying booze on my room charge..I said how could the bar charge me when they didn't know I was staying there..they had no room number or charge card to do so...I do not drink alcohol ever and neither did my client who was NOT staying there and paid the bill with her charge card.. He yelled and said you just said you had dinner so you probably ordered booze..I was angry at this guy and told him he was acting like a ***. He screamed and said listen I am a christian and I do not like swearing words..lol
Okay..just do your research and remove the charges from my bill...I am not paying from someone elses booze.
He did remove the charges but didn't call to explain whose bill they paid with my card...
I called and sent many messages to Priceline..they said they cared but couldnt do anything about it..
I have not received an apology and wish to never step foot into this nasty hotel. Just be careful and check your bills..I have a few issues with them so it was nothing new..it is far from a decent hotel I'ts dirty, smells bad, dirty carpets, no closet doors, or counter space, parking lot can be a good place to get broken into..falls more into a 2 star hotel. Too bad Priceline can't omit certain hotels from customers who stay in hotels nearly 200 nights a year.
Oak Brook has many nice hotels, this is not one of them. Be careful and make sure your bill doesn't include someone else's charges.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook Hotel Oakbrook Terrace
- Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook Hotel
- Chicago Oakbrook Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Oakbrook Terrace
- Oakbrook Terrace Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Chicago-Oak Brook Hotel represents the best of both worlds by offering an upscale stay, at a not so upscale price. The Holiday Inn is a premiere full service hotel and is ADA- and FEMA-approved. Our guests are provided with an experience not found anywhere else in the city. The hotel is centrally located off I-88 between I-294 and I-355 in the beautiful Oak Brook western suburb, nestled in the shopping and restaurant district. The hotel features complimentary shuttle service to all local corporate offices. The Holiday Inn Chicago-Oakbrook is centrally located for all Chicago corporate business. Nestled in the middle of the Chicago in the suburbs between Midway Airport and O`Hare Airport. The Holiday Inn Chicago-Oakbrook hotel is the best choice for lodging when working with companies alike: IBM, Com Ed, Crowe Horwath, Inland Real Estate, McDonalds, Perkin Elmer, Sara Lee, Joint Commission, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Mid America Plaza Businesses and many more in the Oakbrook, Lombard and Oakbrook Terrace Area. Our meeting rooms also come complete with audio-visual equipment. Cattails Restaurant and Lounge showcases an extensive menu, as well as a comprehensive daily hot breakfast selection, in a cool and comfortable atmosphere. All 217 beautiful decorated rooms are appointed with everything required to ensure your stay will be an enjoyable experience which includes complimentary high-speed Internet access! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.