I got a room at a real bargain rate on a "no name" deal, so was hoping for something a bit better than the motels I usually stay at in the same price range. In that I was a little disappointed. The hotel was clean and the rooms were comfortable, but no better than in many mid-price motels. Breakfast would have been extra, but was eye-wateringly expensive (as was the in-house restaurant) - better to walk through the parking lot to one of the alternatives nearby.
The pool was OK, though I felt a little self conscious waling back to my room in a dripping costume, and there were signs prohibiting swimming alone (which I am afraid I ignored). The fitness room marked as being next to the pool in the information brochure in the room had been converted into a space with a table and a couple of chairs; it was only when I commented on this when checking out that I was told it had been moved to the second floor. Not very useful to know then...
So if you can get it for a great price then go for it, but I wouldn't want to pay the rate it's normally advertised for on the main booking websites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Chicago-Oak Brook Hotel represents the best of both worlds by offering an upscale stay, at a not so upscale price. The Holiday Inn is a premiere full service hotel and is ADA- and FEMA-approved. Our guests are provided with an experience not found anywhere else in the city. The hotel is centrally located off I-88 between I-294 and I-355 in the beautiful Oak Brook western suburb, nestled in the shopping and restaurant district. The hotel features complimentary shuttle service to all local corporate offices. The Holiday Inn Chicago-Oakbrook is centrally located for all Chicago corporate business. Nestled in the middle of the Chicago in the suburbs between Midway Airport and O`Hare Airport. The Holiday Inn Chicago-Oakbrook hotel is the best choice for lodging when working with companies alike: IBM, Com Ed, Crowe Horwath, Inland Real Estate, McDonalds, Perkin Elmer, Sara Lee, Joint Commission, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Mid America Plaza Businesses and many more in the Oakbrook, Lombard and Oakbrook Terrace Area. Our meeting rooms also come complete with audio-visual equipment. Cattails Restaurant and Lounge showcases an extensive menu, as well as a comprehensive daily hot breakfast selection, in a cool and comfortable atmosphere. All 217 beautiful decorated rooms are appointed with everything required to ensure your stay will be an enjoyable experience which includes complimentary high-speed Internet access! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, BookIt.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook Hotel Oakbrook Terrace
- Chicago Oakbrook Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Oakbrook Terrace
- Oakbrook Terrace Holiday Inn