“Safe but unexceptional” 3 of 5 stars

Weekend Savings!
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Safe but unexceptional”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I got a room at a real bargain rate on a "no name" deal, so was hoping for something a bit better than the motels I usually stay at in the same price range. In that I was a little disappointed. The hotel was clean and the rooms were comfortable, but no better than in many mid-price motels. Breakfast would have been extra, but was eye-wateringly expensive (as was the in-house restaurant) - better to walk through the parking lot to one of the alternatives nearby.

The pool was OK, though I felt a little self conscious waling back to my room in a dripping costume, and there were signs prohibiting swimming alone (which I am afraid I ignored). The fitness room marked as being next to the pool in the information brochure in the room had been converted into a space with a table and a couple of chairs; it was only when I commented on this when checking out that I was told it had been moved to the second floor. Not very useful to know then...

So if you can get it for a great price then go for it, but I wouldn't want to pay the rate it's normally advertised for on the main booking websites.

Room Tip: Although rooms on the front overlook the main road, they are quite well sound-proofed.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Anthony Q, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear MKMapman,

Thank you for letting us know how your stay with us was. We appreciate you taking the time to do that. I am sorry that your stay was not exceptional as you wanted. I apologize that you did not like the wet walk through the hotel from the pool, pricing of our restaurant menu, and the information brochure not being updated. Your feedback helps us out by letting us know how we are doing. We take all feedback with great value and we will improve our hotel with feedback like yours.

We hope you choose to stay with us again if in the future you need a hotel in our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed here in Oct 2013 when I was visiting Midwestern University for a pharmacy school interview. Aside from my GPS not being able to find the hotel (I called and they gave me the Costco address across the street) I had a great stay. From the time that I stepped in the lobby to the time that I got to my room was mere minutes. Check in was so easy and I was recognized as a rewards member. They upgraded me to a king executive suite from my standard king room which is on the 7th and top floor. I could hear the car traffic on the street when I had the drapes open but I suspect that once I close them I will not hear the traffic at all. There does not seem to be a lot of people here at this time but Im sure that will change since it is coming into the weekend. I also received a voucher for breakfast. I intend to order it and have it delivered to my room.

Room Tip: If you can it seems that the rooms on the top floor are very quiet. I cannot say about the ones on l...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Anthony Q, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Becky870,

Thank you for taking the time to review your hotel stay with us. It looks like you enjoyed it and were really taken care of. We value all of our guests but even more our IHG Rewards Club Members like yourself. You reward us with your business and loyalty and we reward you by taking care of you the best we can such as the complimentary upgrade and breakfast voucher. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to see you again in the near future if you need hotel accommodations in the Oakbrook Terrace area.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

heavily stayed hotel but well maintained. Both nights were packed to the gills, was disappointed in the room only because of its location in the building, 2nd floor, above the bar. We stayed in the presidential suite, affordable, spacious and comfortable otherwise. Will return on another visit but make sure we are on the other side of the hotel or higher floors. Breakfast was great.

Room Tip: stay away from 2nd floor rooms on right side of building.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Anthony Q, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Nagib F,

Thank you for letting us know how your stay with us was. We truly value your feedback. It helps us grade how we were doing and lets us know if any improvements are needed. We are sorry that you were disappointed due to being above the bar. Unfortunately, sometimes we have to place guests over the bar. We do try to limit the noise in the bar when we know guests are above it.

We are happy though that you thought your stay was good overall and would stay with us again. We think we can do a better job the next time.
Loveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Booked a college student group through Hotels.com and the front desk staff worked out the problems and made things right. Clean, comfortable rooms at a reasonable price with great staff. What more do you need?

• Stayed October 2013
Anthony Q, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear RoadWarrior817,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to let us know. We are glad the front desk staff got things right at check-in and got every one to their rooms.

We hope if you are in need of rooms again in our area that you choose to come back. We would love to host you again.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The ambiance of the hotel was very good.The campus also had a very nice swimming pool and area around where I could a have a refreshing morning walk. The rooms are comfortable, neat and clean;provided with all the amenities which would be needed for a visitor. The service was quick and satisfying. The location was good for shopping lovers as shopping hubs like costco, wall mart, Messeys were near by. The restaurant served good food. The hotel staff was very helpful, cooperative and prompt. They guided us well about the sight seeing. The cab service and bus service in connection with the hotel is very good. So we could get a cab at reasonable price. Also with the bus service for Air-India crew we could go to wallmart, messeys easily. Overall a very good experience.

Room Tip: Select rooms facing the road you will get a nice view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Anushree M,

Wow! It looks like you really enjoyed everything about our hotel. That is fantastic. We are really glad you enjoyed your stay. It means we did our job as we wanted to. I will pass on the review to our staff so that everyone can see what a great job they did.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We really appreciate your thoughts on our hotel.Hope to see you again soon!
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Based on old reviews, I have not stayed here for the past several years. However, with a low rate, I decided to give it a try this weekend. I could not be more pleasantly surprised. As a platinum member, I was upgraded to the executive floor, given free breakfast buffets, and given extra bonus points. Front desk staff was so friendly and gracious. I believe her name was Fiona, and she was absolutely a delight. Not a problem granting late checkout for my last day. I was wary about the lack of TV channels (seen in previous reviews), but there were just as many channels as I have on my cable at home. Room was clean and comfortable and the bed was delightfully soft. Also, I always request top floor, in a quiet area with no adjoining door. The room I was given was exactly what I requested... even in the corner which was nice and quiet. I do plan to be back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Anthony Q, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Leggroom,

Thank you for letting us know how your stay was with us. We are extremely happy that you enjoyed it. It was a pleasure hosting your stay. As a Platinum Rewards Club member you are a very important guest to us. Your loyalty with IHG is very appreciated.

Again, thank you for your feedback as it measures how we are doing. We can't wait to host your next stay when your in need of a hotel in our area.

Anthony Quitno
Front Office Supervisor
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

my trip started out bad. My computer monitor was broken during flight. The general manager loaned me one, and hooked it up for me. I was so tired. I was upgraded to a huge quiet room. I wanted to watch my son play football on ESPN 3. The front desk tried to find it for me, and we decided I would watch it on my laptop. I was grouchy. They were not. I had dirty clothes and was going to be gone another wee. They had a guest laundry. They honored a great rate and threw in breakfast. I love this team and this property. They earned my loyalty and future Chicago stays

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Anthony Q, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Suzanne B,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. We value your feedback as it measures how our hotel is doing. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us. You are valued as a guest of our hotel and that is why we went the extra mile. We took great pride and making your stay a success.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. We hope to display our service to you again if you come back to our area and are in need of a hotel in the future.

Anthony Quitno
Front Office Supervisor

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook? Share your experiences!