This Holiday Inn is an older hotel that has been re-done, and quite nicely. My room was attractively decorated, spacious, and quiet, with large screen TV, coffee maker, fridge, microwave, iron & board, and hair dryer. Comfortable bed and side chairs. The sink is outside of the bathroom, which is handy if you are with a S.O. or a family. Nice shower, but the one thing that still needs upgrading are the toilets, which are still the big, old, lazy-flushing type. The heating/AC unit would not run the fan continuously along with the heat or AC, but was not too noisy so I wasn’t bothered by it.
No free continental breakfast, which I consider de rigueur. The elevators are on the slow side, but there are 4 of them and they seem to all work reliably.
Parking can be somewhat of an issue, particularly if there is an event at the hotel, but fortunately there are a series of strip malls connecting to the hotel’s parking lot to the west, and in a pinch you can park there. There is a Subway restaurant within easy walking distance in one of those strip malls, as well as other restaurants and stores.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook Hotel Oakbrook Terrace
- Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook Hotel
- Chicago Oakbrook Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Oakbrook Terrace
- Oakbrook Terrace Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Chicago-Oak Brook Hotel represents the best of both worlds by offering an upscale stay, at a not so upscale price. The Holiday Inn is a premiere full service hotel and is ADA- and FEMA-approved. Our guests are provided with an experience not found anywhere else in the city. The hotel is centrally located off I-88 between I-294 and I-355 in the beautiful Oak Brook western suburb, nestled in the shopping and restaurant district. The hotel features complimentary shuttle service to all local corporate offices. The Holiday Inn Chicago-Oakbrook is centrally located for all Chicago corporate business. Nestled in the middle of the Chicago in the suburbs between Midway Airport and O`Hare Airport. The Holiday Inn Chicago-Oakbrook hotel is the best choice for lodging when working with companies alike: IBM, Com Ed, Crowe Horwath, Inland Real Estate, McDonalds, Perkin Elmer, Sara Lee, Joint Commission, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Mid America Plaza Businesses and many more in the Oakbrook, Lombard and Oakbrook Terrace Area. Our meeting rooms also come complete with audio-visual equipment. Cattails Restaurant and Lounge showcases an extensive menu, as well as a comprehensive daily hot breakfast selection, in a cool and comfortable atmosphere. All 217 beautiful decorated rooms are appointed with everything required to ensure your stay will be an enjoyable experience which includes complimentary high-speed Internet access! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.