“week5” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Westchester, Illinois
“week5”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is the fifth week in a row that we have stayed at this location. Q and Erika have been very friendly and helpful from the first night. They remember our names and our room preferences. Due to the hours we are working some weeks we can’t get to the hotel to check in until late. Q told me to call in any time and she would make sure we get the room we want. You could not ask for a better people to represent your company.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
lilianav30, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Awesome!!! I want to thank you for your positive comments from your recent visit to the Hotel Holiday Inn Oakbrook, Il. I am one of the lucky General Managers in our business to have such a great staff that I can be poud of. They work very hard for our guests and these comments help us provide motivation to our staff.

Again, I want to thank you for your comments and I look forward to your return visit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Hamilton, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stay in hotels approximately 200 nights per year. I was disappointed by the attitude (perhaps the supervisor was having a bad day) of the front desk supervisor. Perhaps she was having a bad day but after a long day of travel, I always hope for more when checking into a hotel.

The breakfast buffet which cost's approx. $15 each was cold and of lower quality than you will find for free at many hotels. Certainly not the worst I've had but definitely far from good. As a previous review posted, the pillows were not as comfortable as you will find at most Holiday Inn's.

Perhaps I've become spoiled by the friendly service offered by most hotels but this really was a disappointing stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for contacting the Holiday Inn Oak Brook regarding your experience during your recent stay. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to my attention and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced our property.
It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us.
South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stay at this Holiday Inn every time I am near the area... I love the hotel, the atmosphere, the staff is amazing. I will never forget the first time I stayed and was greeted by Miss Qianna (also known as Q) at the front desk. I was having a terrible day up until that point, with a rough trip back to Chicago, and she just brightened my day!! She was very attentive and just altogether pleasant. Everyone there always makes me feel very welcome and at home (away from home). I recommend this spot whenever you're near. Bar Louie is right down stairs as a delightful convenience as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the great review!! We appreciate all of your kind words and I look forward to sharing your comments to our staff . On your next travel to our area we hope to see you again at the Holiday Inn Oakbrook, Illinois.

Safe Travels,

Lili
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I wanted to try out my Platinum status and Priority Points at this property. It was my first visit, but was the first of many, as it is now my go-to property in ORD.

This hotel stuff should be rated as EXCELLENT for a reason, and everything that has been said about it is true....The staff, cleanliness, and particularly the way in which they recognize their elites makes this a true gem for an near airport hotel.

They have a front desk agent there by the name of "ERIKA" she is someone you would really enjoy standing before her as she checks you in, she is very professional and her customer service is 5 stars!!!! She is very professional and will go the extra mile to make you fell at home. When I was leaving the hotel I was check out by the supervisor , her name is "Q" and i can see why "Q" is a supervisor she has EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE, she all ready knew my room number before I even say anything ,,,, I mean she enjoys and have a passion for her work. Because of "Q" and ERIKA I can guarantee that you will enjoy your stay at this hotel. They made me feel at home and treated me as if they had always known me.

I know management reads these reviews, so I want to thank them for maintaining such a wonderful property.....All too often airport hotels are among the less-desirables, but you folks are doing a great job, keep up the good work!!!!

Norbert . K . Platinum PC

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
lilianav30, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Wow!! Thank you very much for your loyalty to the Holiday Inn, Oakbrook. We appreciate the comments that you have made and I am greatful to you for choosing us to be your home away from home. Our customers are our top priority!!!!

If we can be of further service to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Excellent service! thank you Irene, Erika and special thanks to Juli for going the extra mile to make us fell at home. The location was very good for going to the different places we wanted to go. Close to downtown but far enough to avoid the traffic and noise of the big city. We tried the breakfast buffet and the food was great. Thanks again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Winston Salem, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stay with Holiday Inn properties about 200 nights a year so I know their standards and what to expect as a Platinum member. THIS IS NOT THEIR STANDARD! Very disappointed as I needed a place for 9 nights. The rooms (I tried 2 different) were small and I was told nothing to upgrade to. The pillows were HORRIBLE , thin and lumpy. The general manager did not understand when I asked if they had down/feather pillows to exchange. She told me these were not "new" Holiday Inn pillows..... I hope not as they are nothing like all the other locations I have stayed at in the past several months. The location was convenient and clean but let down by these basics. I was so sad as I REALLY love Holiday Inn and the privileges they give Platinum members. Oh well, they could not even suggest a sister property when I asked about that or offer to comp a night to have me try the space and pillow concerns, instead let me go for 9 nights to a competitor.

Room Tip: Look at the room before checking in!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.
Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose Holiday Inn for your future travel needs.
Benton Harbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Whenever I'm in town, I always choose this Holiday Inn because of the comfortable rooms, very friendly staff, and convenient location. I've stayed here a few times and EVERY time I come in, I feel refreshed and pleased with my stay. I've been in a lot of hotels and I can honestly say that for the value, nothing beats the Oakbrook Holiday Inn. In particular, I'd have to say that the people that work here are friendly and helpful. They always greet you with a smile and if there's a problem, they always try their best to fix it. However, those problems, I've found, are very few and far between.

Room Tip: A simple tip is to choose Holiday Inn every time.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook? Share your experiences!