“Great hotel and staff” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Michigan City, Indiana
“Great hotel and staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed 3 nights in Oakbrook for our 24th wedding anniversary. We chose this hotel from the reviews and we wanted to use the jacuzzi. The only disappointment was that the jacuzzi was not there despite of the pictures but the manager was on the phone with us in seconds and did everything in her power to make our stay pleasurable. She handled the issue with grace and professionalism. We appreciated it so much that we stayed a third night. We will definately use this hotel again when in the area. The rooms were very clean. The bed was very comfortable and it was quiet.

Room Tip: Staff is so helpful that I feel they will bend over backwards to fulfill any requests.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Morton, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife, myself, and my 2 young daughters stayed overnight on 2/23/13. We were treated very nicely from the moment we stepped in the door until we checked out the next morning. We had been given (1) $10.00 breakfast voucher so I was prepared to pay for my daughters to eat but was pleasantly surprised when the waitress took the voucher and told us all to have a great day! My girls are 8 & 4 and don't eat a tremendous amount but I was fully expecting to at least pay $5.00-$6.00 each. I left a nice tip as the wait staff checked on us several times! :-) My wife did not eat but I wouldn't have been surprised if they'd let her eat free too. I will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in the Chicago area. Even without using points the room rate was modest I noticed...<$100.00 on a Sat night in Chicago at a decent hotel is good in my book. Nice job & keep up the good work!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Greenfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I recently stayed at this Holiday Inn and realized later the next day that my iPad was missing from my briefcase. When I called the hotel to see if I left it in my hotel room, Rockell took it upon herself to go to my room to personally look for it. I gave her my mobile number and she promptly got back to me that the she had found my iPad and would keep it with her until I was able to pick it up over my lunch hour. Thank you Rockell, as you really made my day after what I thought was going to be a nightmare. Keep up the fantastic customer service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Ilinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Finally, a hotel that does it right. From Q at the Front Desk to the new restuant chef, this was a great place to stay. Be sure to get the choclate cake with a scoop of their vanilla ice cream. Who cares what the calorie and carb count is!

Room Tip: Ask for Q at the Front Desk to get a great welcome combimed with pofessional service.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Shakopee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I am very pleased with service Juel at the front desk offered during my stay over the past 6 weeks. She remembers my preference just by name and get everything ready before I even check in. I prefer to stay in this hotel just because of Juel

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Rockport, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My family and I stayed here for four nights while my son was receiving medical treatment. It was at a very good location from the medical facility, and there were many restaurants and stores conveniently located. Staff was always friendly, and the room was clean, and bigger than we anticipated. Overall, I would recommend, especially at the price we found on Travelocity.

Room Tip: Do be sure to specify non-smoking if you don't smoke. This hotel has some smoking floors that sm...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I travel with my hysband and daughter. We spend 5 days at hotel. It was an amazing stayed.
The stuff is too friendly, the room is so nice, and de locate is amazing, so close to the Oakbrook Mall, Target, Ulta, Bed bath and beyond,etc
We just love our stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook? Share your experiences!